Marc Guehi

gdm

Just now, Displayname said:

I dont get what Palace did wrong here exactly? Pretty much have had the same position from the start? 

Its just us trying to call what wasnt a bluff. 

Move on now and try to get him next year.

Absolutely nothing tbf, they value him as much as we value our best players. If we were selling one of our top players and negotiated in any way other than the way Palace are negotiating here people would be fuming

It's all quite strange from Palace. They don't generate much meaningful commercial revenue outside of TV, iirc, and haven't sold many players for good cash other than Olise? 

This should be great money for them if they've got ambition to keep growing, if they have faith in their talent spotting.

Edited by Gallowgate Toon

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

It's all quite strange from Palace. They don't generate much meaningful commercial revenue outside of TV, iirc, and haven't sold many players for good cash other than Olise? 

This should be great money for them if they've got ambition to keep growing.

Me either, it seems personal between the two clubs at this point.

If Todd Boehly was paying this price for Guehi everyone would make fun of it.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

'Crystal Palace think Marc Guehi may attract higher bids in January'

What, when he has 18 months left on his contract? I doubt it. 

Rather bizarre given how quiet January gone was. Can't see why it would be any different next Jan

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

'Crystal Palace think Marc Guehi may attract higher bids in January'

What, when he has 18 months left on his contract? I doubt it. 

Probably waiting for Chelsea to sell their club shop to themselves to fund a mega bid.

3 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

This should be great money for them if they've got ambition to keep growing.

Or they can hang on for another year, Guehi has a breakout year, and they recoup the 65 they could've gotten from us anyway despite his contract expiring.

Guehi could've had this signed sealed and delivered by simply stating he wanted to play for newcastle, and would not be staying at palace, but he didn't.

Edited by Upthemags

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

Guehi could've had this signed sealed and delivered by simply stating he wanted to play for newcastle, and would not be staying at palace, but he didn't.

That's very unprofessional though, no?

Just now, Upthemags said:

Or they can hang on for another year, Guehi had a breakout year, and they recoup the 65 they could've gotten from us anyway despite his contract expiring.

He’ll have win PL Player of the Year to get 65 for him with one year left.

If we go again with another bid I got to say that the management has lost their heads. Would really ruin our barganing position on transfers going forward.

Edited by Displayname

4 minutes ago, CheikBoom said:

You've just made an assumption we haven't got anymore targets? We're negotiating to buy a player. It can hardly be helped if Palace keep leaking the news to the press.

I'm assuming because we've gone all in here. If there were realistic alternatives I'm sure we would have told Palace to fuck off a week or so ago. Like I said, we look desperate and it's wasted loads of time. 

They can do what they want he is their player, it’s time for us to move on. It really seems as though they were briefing they want £65,000,000 for him, we’ve offered that and they have rejected it. 

On a different note it really looks like we have a limited scouting network. Hopefully it’s something we can fix.

Absolutely no issue with Palace digging in. I'd want us to do so with our best players.

I just don't think we should continue to raise our bid. £65 million is a ludicrous fee, especially in the world of PSR.

3 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Would really ruin or ur barganing position on transfers going forward.

We were probably close to that position after going again after that parish interview. Should have told them to get fucked then.

Time to move on. 2 weeks left. Go all out for a top class right winger with this money.

Edited by jack j

Just now, Rafalove said:

They can do what they want he is their player, it’s time for us to move on. It really seems as though they were briefing they want £65,000,000 for him, we’ve offered that and they have rejected it. 

On a different note it really looks like we have a limited scouting network. Hopefully it’s something we can fix.

Don’t think our scouting network is limited. They’re trying to bring in players that are definitely going to improve us and make a run at top four likely. There aren’t many players in that pool like Howe has said. There are probably players we like that we think could develop into that but aren’t there yet