Marc Guehi

gdm

2 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

45-50m would get us Ousmane Diomande

Sporting have already bought Debast who was rumoured to be Diomande’s replacement.

Regardless of what happens, my one take from this is the unsavoury playing out of every bid in public. Really poor form from Palace (correct leak assumption?). I didn't know who Steve Parish was before this whole saga. Seems like a total bellend. Absolute archetype of a cockney wanker

23 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Very anti-Newcastle and especially our owners. Not the first time he's made his mouth go and is always one of the first to vote with the cartel clubs

100% - he’s an utter bellend! 

It's the fact Parish is playing it all out in public that's annoying. No issues with them wanting to get as much as they can. I'd expect us to be the same with Bruno and Isak. 

I don’t go on twitter anymore but I always like the posts of that Palace fan, can’t remember his name. Other than that Palace fans seem to have taken and overly sanctimonious stance on the club since the takeover with massive banners in the stands. Behave ffs 😂 They’re one of the teams in desperate to beat now particularly at home. 

Parish is just an extension of the Palace knobishness 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

It's the fact Parish is playing it all out in public that's annoying. No issues with them wanting to get as much as they can. I'd expect us to be the same with Bruno and Isak. 

Yeah it’s the public “look we’re playing hardball” image, no need at all. Comes across as a right cock

42 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Very anti-Newcastle and especially our owners. Not the first time he's made his mouth go and is always one of the first to vote with the cartel clubs

I wouldn't be surprised if he's doing  all this on purpose purely because it's us, had one of his mates in the big 5 or Spurs bid what we have I reckon he would have accepted .

Edited by Geogaddi

20 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Yeah it’s the public “look we’re playing hardball” image, no need at all. Comes across as a right cock

Saying that, you know for a fact when there's bids for them, our fans will moan about "lack of statements from the club" so fuck knows. 

36 minutes ago, JLC said:

Someone should ruffle his hair in public. That'll rile him.

Burn the Dagmar down again and you harm both Parish and the Talksport ponce in one fell swoop (I realise this very recent reference will age me ever so slightly)

7 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Burn the Dagmar down again and you harm both Parish and the Talksport ponce in one fell swoop (I realise this very recent reference will age me ever so slightly)

And Arthur Fowler can pilfer the money from the Olise sale 

Edited by bobbydazzla

49 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I don’t go on twitter anymore but I always like the posts of that Palace fan, can’t remember his name. Other than that Palace fans seem to have taken and overly sanctimonious stance on the club since the takeover with massive banners in the stands. Behave ffs 😂 They’re one of the teams in desperate to beat now particularly at home. 

HITCO or something like that?! I’m sure it’s abbreviations for a former player who scooted a famous winner for them (ginger hair iirc?!)?!

Totally agree bout wanting to batter them!

2 minutes ago, Paully said:

HITCO or something like that?! I’m sure it’s abbreviations for a former player who scooted a famous winner for them (ginger hair iirc?!)?!

Totally agree bout wanting to batter them!

Hopkin Looking To Curl One

This whole "not enough to contemplate" line smacks of braggartry. You say that if you're offered half of what you want, not if you're after £70 million and you're offered £65.

It's all very used car salesmen/estate agent posturing.  I'd sack it off and go for Murillo and put some more towards a RW with a bit more guile than Murphy and Almiron.

Edited by Geordie_once_removed

2 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Isn't Steve Parish just Simon Jordans mini-me?

8 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

This whole "not enough to contemplate" line smacks of braggartry. You say that if you're offered half of what you want, not if you're after £70 million and you're offered £65.

It's all very used car salesmen/estate agent posturing.  I'd sack it off and go for Murillo and put some more towards a RW with a bit more guile than Murphy and Almiron.

I know it’s best to keep emotions out of ‘business’ decision making, but I am struggling to restrain a rising fuckyouedness about this deal now. Think we should move on. Maybe pick him up next season for less, if still needed. 

I can't blame palace for this debacle, other than perhaps leaking the offers to the media.  I don't believe they are upping the price either, we just haven't offered them what they believe their asset is worth.

They have the right to set a price and if that's not met, refuse the offer.   They don't need the money so hold all the cards, so all we can do is either give them what they want or walk away, but we should stop hating them for doing the best for themselves

Might be a blessing in disguise - bizarre how hard Palace have held the line despite there being zero other bidders, and off a data set that is pretty much no larger than the Euros. I have no doubt we have offered them the most they'll get.

Starting xi upgrades are needed of course, but its honestly not even clear Guehi gets in when we're fully healthy. People forget just how good Schar was last season, save a few flubs. And, not for anything, he was arguably the most dangerous player on the pitch in that SUI England match, outshining Guehi himself.

All of which is to say we'll be fine. Worst case, we go into January with PSR reserves to reinforce as needed - a luxury we didn't have last year. No doubt we're still going to smash the league this year.

I say push on and get it all done, at the end of the day if we take one of their star players and he does well for us nobody is gonna remember all of this public posturing and acting the hard lad.

It'll just be a top player making a step up in his career from a club aspiring to be a mid table club happy to just be in the league to one with real aspirations of competing at the top of it.

If they feel they won the posturing then that's alright.