Marc Guehi

gdm

7 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

£70m on a defender is fucking wild. 

Sidenote to this is is we're happy spending this much on a defender then I'm probably happy to be patient waiting for a RW if that's the ballpark we're in. 

23 minutes ago, Jordan whyayew said:

Guehi is a world class player. Howe is not an idiot, he has been clear that he only wants players who will significantly upgrade the first team not squad fillers.

Guehi is worth 75 million, in four years time he will still be worth 75 million.

Parish is smart but fair, if the deal works for Palace he will facilitate it, if it doesn't jumping up and like a two year old having a tantrum won't change his mind - it only makes the club look small time

Who’s jumping like a 2 year old having a tantrum? It’s only been some on here and X. The club certainly have been professional.

65-70 is a lot but it’s probably less risk than paying 35-40 odd on someone abroad (I know I know Botman). Guehi passes the no dickhead policy, is captain material, fast, strong and can play right or left CB. 

I’ll be chuffed if we sign him. 

32 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

65-70 is a lot but it’s probably less risk than paying 35-40 odd on someone abroad (I know I know Botman). Guehi passes the no dickhead policy, is captain material, fast, strong and can play right or left CB. 

I’ll be chuffed if we sign him. 

Something we'll need next season for sure and obviously this season. But alot of senior/leadership group players out of contract and potentially leaving the club come next summer.

5 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Something we'll need next season for sure and obviously this season. But alot of senior/leadership group players out of contract and potentially leaving the club come next summer.

Very true. 

11 hours ago, Sibierski said:

I’d say it’s less of a problem for a manager because the remit is often different. For a DoF to go to previous club / specific agents, it’s red flags for me. 

Are there any logical reasons for these red flags? Buying good players you know the best seems pretty far from a red flag to me.

Edited by Pata

1 hour ago, Jordan whyayew said:

Guehi is a world class player. Howe is not an idiot, he has been clear that he only wants players who will significantly upgrade the first team not squad fillers.

Guehi is worth 75 million, in four years time he will still be worth 75 million.

Parish is smart but fair, if the deal works for Palace he will facilitate it, if it doesn't jumping up and like a two year old having a tantrum won't change his mind - it only makes the club look small time

Do you support Palace?

I wonder if I can get a bet on this running to deadline day then falling apart for some bullshit reason created by Palace half an hour before the transfer window closes, it's starting to feel that way.

2 hours ago, Jordan whyayew said:

Who’s doing that?