Marc Guehi

gdm

Parish just looks desperate to be a media figure. If there’s any mainstream attention on Palace then he will take advantage of it. He probably dreams at night of having Simon Jordan’s gig.

i wonder if it helps our PSR if we offered £10m more rather than the £5m reported but over a longer repyament schedule.

or does it not work like that?

4 minutes ago, huss9 said:

i wonder if it helps our PSR if we offered £10m more rather than the £5m reported but over a longer repyament schedule.

or does it not work like that?

Doesn't matter.

The fee, regardless of what it is, is amortised across the length of his contract (probably 5 years).

So 70m (if that's the fee) is going to cost us 14m per year for the next 5 years from a PSR perspective. 

7 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Is the only tangible update today from Baldwards? 

He did the exact same tweet 2 hours before Palace rejected the last bid fwiw

I’m a proper modern day fan now. Was so hyped for this after the Euros because he’s a great player but it’s dragged on so long now I don’t even care either way. 

18 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Parish just looks desperate to be a media figure. If there’s any mainstream attention on Palace then he will take advantage of it. He probably dreams at night of having Simon Jordan’s gig.

He was on Talk Sport last week as it happens. Not at the same time as Simon Jordan though, because Simon Jordan would knock him out.

36 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

Palace's private admission but they thought they'd let Keith know :lol:

Or, if true, it could be to soften their fans up for a sale.

31 minutes ago, Ben said:

I'm in Majorca, so I'm an hour ahead, I'll let's yous know if I hear owt.

I'm in Greece, 2 hours ahead. Leave it with me lads

29 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Parish is doing the right thing by his club, and the fee is justifiable to some extent, from a Palace point of view. Just wish he'd stay off camera, running his mouth about it.

At the end of the day, Palace were smart enough to sign him off Chelsea while everyone else was scratching their arse, and allow him the opportunity to reach the level he has.

Now they get to reap the benefits if someone wants to sign him.

This. I hate Parish, but he’s done what’s right for Palace and rightfully held out for as much as he could. Much like we wouldn’t want to sell Bruno or Isak, and would only be willing too if people offered daft money.

5 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

I'm in Greece, 2 hours ahead. Leave it with me lads

You're both wasting a fortune.

I've simply stayed in the UK but wound my watch forward 3 hours.

The fee's not really far off what you'd expect.

We need a defender both now and as Schar's replacement, he's almost ready made, England international and the selling club don't particularly have to sell. 

We obviously see him as the long term fit and we're looking to push to the highest level with him so it was always going to be an expensive deal.

It’s a big boy signing. I don’t want all our deals to be this kind of transfer, but I’m happy if we’re ready to make one or two when they’re really needed. 

Like I said, it it was Man City nobody would be surprised. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Literally not my point, I was saying he won’t be made captain as long as Bruno is here imo.

Depends what you think captains are, a leader or someone who wears an armband.

Just now, madras said:

Depends what you think captains are, a leader or someone who wears an armband.

We were talking about captain as in wearing the armband. However you are spot on about leaders and we definitely need more if Tripps is going. Guehi would help fill that void.

34 minutes ago, STM said:

Doesn't matter.

The fee, regardless of what it is, is amortised across the length of his contract (probably 5 years).

So 70m (if that's the fee) is going to cost us 14m per year for the next 5 years from a PSR perspective. 

Depends what's included or outside that fee, signing bonuses, agents fees etc I think still need amortisation.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s a big boy signing. I don’t want all our deals to be this kind of transfer, but I’m happy if we’re ready to make one or two when they’re really needed. 

Like I said, it it was Man City nobody would be surprised. 

They have 3x our revenues, they can afford it.