Marc Guehi

gdm

2 minutes ago, Winn said:

The fact he's still playing tells me this deal is not close at all.  

Not really. If you’re trying to adopt a hardline stance of ‘we’re not selling unless you meet our valuation’, not playing the player in question is a sure fire way of undermining it.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Not really. If you’re trying to adopt a hardline stance of ‘we’re not selling unless you meet our valuation’, not playing the player in question is a sure fire way of undermining it.

Seriously backfires when you get beat again and ship another two goals petting your gd on -3 already. If we can manage a win tomorrow then it could be very good for us.

This sign him and he'll be our centreback for ten years malarkey is crackers aswell. 

If he does really well Madrid or the other elite teams will be sniffing about. We'd have to do this all again,

Id rather Mitchell bring in the youth and develop them into top players. 

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Seriously backfires when you get beat again and ship another two goals petting your gd on -3 already. If we can manage a win tomorrow then it could be very good for us.

Agreed. Seems like the manager is going to go back after today and say ‘look, we need to get this all sorted out’.

Will Parish swallow his pride?

6 minutes ago, Ginola said:

Nice backpedal. I don't think he's worth £70m, but if we think he's the man for that position for the next 7-10 years it makes sense to pay the premium as we don't have to pay again to upgrade in 2-3 years 

I don’t need to back pedal. The basis of my post remains the same. I don’t believe he’s worth £70m & he has been hyped since the euros. No way we’d be talking £70m pre euros.

don’t take this shit so seriously mate. 

5 minutes ago, andycap said:

This sign him and he'll be our centreback for ten years malarkey is crackers aswell. 

If he does really well Madrid or the other elite teams will be sniffing about. We'd have to do this all again,

Who do we sign then. :lol:

6 minutes ago, andycap said:

This is satire right?

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Apparently Simakan has a release clause of circa £60 million if we need a back up.

Isn’t Liverpool after him?

Someone who can also play RB would be perfect.

7 hours ago, Scoot said:

But surely you trust the recruitment department? They've been pretty spot on since the takeover.

Is it the same recruitment department after both Ashworth and Staveley left though? 

7 hours ago, gdm said:

Why do people post this shite on twatter.  All our player acknowledge the fans after the game, win or lose.  Nothing new in that. 

If he knows 100% he is leaving, fair enough, however there is no way Palace risk the fee due to injury, unless they are mental, and I am sure he would not want to play either.

Totally over this transfer now (or complete lack of).

34 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

Why do people post this shite on twatter.  All our player acknowledge the fans after the game, win or lose.  Nothing new in that. 

If he knows 100% he is leaving, fair enough, however there is no way Palace risk the fee due to injury, unless they are mental, and I am sure he would not want to play either.

Totally over this transfer now (or complete lack of).

This genuinely reads like someone upset that someone hasn’t text them back 

Ok, this my last speculative attempt at seeing some positivity in this saga. 
a) the multiple bids offered and turned down has been over stated.

b) there is an offer on the table which isn’t what Palace would ideally want, but they will accept.

c) the delay is due the club who will provide Guehi’s replacement not having their replacement lined up. 
d) it will happen for £60m + £5m or so add ons once all the dominoes are aligned. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

10 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Who do we sign then. :lol:

The 'let's not buy him incase he goes to Madrid for playing too well' is a wild new take mind:lol: