Marc Guehi

gdm

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Never trusted owt from Killy tbf.  Even my mate who lives there.  

:lol:

Couldn't resist it. Thought I'd add some spice to this thread. This whole debacle is taking its toll on us. :lol:

15 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The back line has looked shaky for some time and that nervousness impacts all of our play - completely agree

Tripps definitely adds some calmness back there when he's playing. Obviously the Schär suspension didn't help on Sunday but having two CBs and a GK who looked nervous as fuck everytime they had the ball was horrible to watch. Took Bournemouth about 15 minutes to realise they could just press us and we'd shit ourselves or give it away. 

Just now, Jaqen said:

Tripps definitely adds some calmness back there when he's playing. Obviously the Schär suspension didn't help on Sunday but having two CBs and a GK who looked nervous as fuck everytime they had the ball was horrible to watch. Took Bournemouth about 15 minutes to realise they could just press us and we'd shit ourselves or give it away. 

I still think we look better with Tino at LB :lol:

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Do you really think we are going to be knocking the price down the way negotiations have gone so far?

Given that no one here actually has a fucking clue how negotiations have been going, sure why not? 

5 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

A fully functioning Botman and Schar are definitely less vulnerable to pressing because they’re good on the ball - but even then the lack of pace causes problems.  A top young centre half  being brought in makes sense.  

17 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I agree with it in principle, but where does it stop? When can we actually start judging the club on the fact we’re still having to play Jacob Murphy on the right wing? 

I don't think you have to wait ages. It could take very little time to make a fair judgement; if the team performs badly/brilliantly immediately (and for a sustained period) then you can probably conclude quite quickly that the transfer window was a failure/success. However, if we're competitive and experience the usual ebbs and flows, it's going to take time to make a definitive call on whether we did enough. 

This is broadly on the proviso that we sign a CB but not a RW. If we get neither I wouldn't knock anyone for saying we've under-delivered. But only post-window. 

43 minutes ago, Slim said:

Liverpool deal for 75 million "here we go"

Screenshot_20240827-224330.png

So by signing Guehi, we are indirectly helping Liverpool to offload Gomez for a potensially decent fee? Disaster! ;)

Edited by Erikse

8 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Im pretty staggered they think its going to happen give Guehi just played 90mins in the first round of a cup game. To me it looks like Palace are not budging.

If I didn't know about the injury to Riad, I'd say it doesn't make a lot of difference.

I know he’s meant to be a model pro, but if he really is set on coming here there’s also risk on Palace’s end of blocking his move over what is likely a few million pounds, the shape of add-ons, or payment terms.

Nice reminder we have no friends and no chairmen doing any favors for us and we should promptly feel the same way on the other end (minus Forest). Absent forcing someone out, we treat them like they treat us going forward.  

1 hour ago, Erikse said:

So by signing Guehi, we are indirectly helping Liverpool to offload Gomez for a potensially decent fee? Disaster! ;)

I know you're joking but part of me is quite annoyed we'll be giving Chelsea a decent wedge if this goes through :lol: