Marc Guehi

gdm

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Mitchell has probably had very little input into the window mind, in terms of targets, etc. We’re all just guessing though.

The problem is that the bedwetters are drastically over stating the extent of the problem.

We've had a poor window? So what? Are we not allowed a window where things don't go to plan like we wanted? We still have a good side and a good manager.

(Not aimed at you)

It's an absolute joke from a Palace POV in the sense they have moved goalpost on their 'desired' bid to secure him, supposedly.

From our side, we better have plenty of other irons in the fire otherwise this has been very, very badly handled.

Just now, Erikse said:

I'm not making comparisons. They had time, and they clearly had money to spend. Something went wrong here, I'm sure the club is disappointed with how it went aswell.

I don't think it's at all clear that we have money to spend. 

But, if we do, it also takes a bit more than one failed big money transfer for me to jump to pathetic and embarrassing. We lived that for over a decade and this isn't it.

2 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

I understand that it's not looking good, but what's the rush to call it pathetic and amateur ?  None of us know the details, what if Palace agreed the deal in private and have now backed out, screwing us over. 

And what if, and this I really hope, the deal still happens and it shuts a few gobs.  We're not being run by Ashley anymore, I never feel the need to slag the club off now, everything I've seen is geared to moving forward. Totally get it doesn't seems so in this window, but the rush to misery and negativity is mental imo.

Palace and Parish are famous for this, it's not them who are unprofessional if you bank the house on their word. 

I think the gamble from Palaces point of view is that the Euros bump to his reputation isn’t going to last if they have a shit season. 

A player like Olise is less dependent on the fortunes of the team, so his new deal with release clause was always going to retain its value barring an ACL. It’s hardly a banker that will happen with Guehi.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Not really, because what we know is mainly informed by whether we've signed anyone or not and it being less than 48 hours until the deadline. If we'd been linked with everyone or noone all the time or none of the time that would still be the case. It's unbelievably poor.

Aye but you said the way they have gone about it is poor. The problem is that you don't know how they've gone about it. You just know it's been a shit window, which I agree with. 

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I don't think it's at all clear that we have money to spend. 

But, if we do, it also takes a bit more than one failed big money transfer for me to jump to pathetic and embarrassing. We lived that for over a decade and this isn't it.

We've made really high bids for Guehi.. The first january window doesn't count towards PSR anymore. Everything points to us having money to spend.

Edited by Erikse

9 minutes ago, STM said:

The problem is that the bedwetters are drastically over stating the extent of the problem.

We've had a poor window? So what? Are we not allowed a window where things don't go to plan like we wanted? We still have a good side and a good manager.

(Not aimed at you)

Not really no. Not unless you're okay with having less chance of getting into Europe, losing your best players, potentially losing your manager, and ultimately fizzing out.

Edited by Kid Icarus

3 minutes ago, STM said:

(Not aimed at you)

No, we aren’t to be very frank. Ultimately if the goals the chairman has spoken about are true we want afford bad windows, we can’t afford to go backwards. 

Why? Because the players we do have which are of the level which we aspire to be are not going to hang around  and as we’ve witnessed, players of that calibre aren’t cheap and we’ve had our injection of cash the rules do not permit it in happen over and over. We could only spend the way we did because Ashley was a tight ass. 

Just now, Erikse said:

We've made high bids for Guehi.. The first january window doesn't count towards PSR anymore. Everything points to us having money to spend.

Yeah we've evidently had money to spend. We've just been tunnel visioned in our targets. We needed to have contingency 

1 minute ago, STM said:

Aye but you said the way they have gone about it is poor. The problem is that you don't know how they've gone about it. You just know it's been a shit window, which I agree with. 

We know to a very high likelihood that it's Guehi or nothing. That just on its own, with no alternative to him and no successful contingency to spend it on an RW is poor, and that's me being kind. Frankly I think it's unprofessional. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

No, we aren’t to be very frank. Ultimately if the goals the chairman has spoken about are true we want afford bad windows, we can’t afford to go backwards. 

Why? Because the players we do have which are of the level which we aspire to be are not going to hang around  and as we’ve witnessed, players of that calibre aren’t cheap and we’ve had our injection of cash the rules do not permit it in happen over and over. We could only spend the way we did because Ashley was a tight ass. 

Stand still in this league and you go backwards.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Not really no. Not unless you're okay with having less chance of getting into Europe, losing your your best players, potentially losing your managers, and ultimately fizzing out.

Fair enough. I disagree with all of that stuff happening. :lol: