Marc Guehi

gdm

42 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

Aye, there’s no question it’s a ridiculous price to pay, but if Eddie thinks he’ll be a good fit and he’s your first choice, everything will be done to bring him in. Otherwise your plan-B will hopefully be brought in very quickly. 

Still a couple weeks to go, but if anything happens with him it’ll probably be by tomorrow or moving on to the next target with all the negotiating that’s took place so far. 

That is exactly why a director of football should be in place to stop this nonsense which may leads to disastrous firesale next Jun

8 minutes ago, Zero said:

That is exactly why a director of football should be in place to stop this nonsense which may leads to disastrous firesale next Jun

I'm pretty sure it won't lead to a disastrous firesale. even I think we are overpaying.

Edited by The Prophet

People saying move on because we are “overpaying” may have a point. But. We would do exactly the same if we had a 24 year old England international CB wanted by other clubs, knowing Chelsea have a 20% sell on clause. Palace probably only value him around the 50-55m mark which is what they’ll get. It’s the 20% add on that’s causing their valuation to go up this high. As mentioned. We would probably do the exact same thing. 

3 minutes ago, Chris L said:

People saying move on because we are “overpaying” may have a point. But. We would do exactly the same if we had a 24 year old England international CB wanted by other clubs, knowing Chelsea have a 20% sell on clause. Palace probably only value him around the 50-55m mark which is what they’ll get. It’s the 20% add on that’s causing their valuation to go up this high. As mentioned. We would probably do the exact same thing. 

Don't think anyone is disputing Palace have every right to dig their heels in though?

11 minutes ago, Chris L said:

We will do exactly this when we sell Gordon 

51 minutes ago, Zero said:

That is exactly why a director of football should be in place to stop this nonsense which may leads to disastrous firesale next Jun. 

Howe shouldn't make the market. He knows only PL players and wants PL players. But PL market is inflated. 70m for Guehi is madness. You should buy abroad. There are many good players outside PL and the price is fair. 

Edited by jigen

6 minutes ago, OverThere said:

I would rather we look overseas for a prospect with more upside, maybe in the 30-40M range

Rightly or wrongly, the club are probably worried that they can't afford a £40 million dud. Ironically Botman, Bruno and Isak are three of our best buys.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Said earlier, sounds like he wants to come. 

Yeah - in general once the player has made his mind up a deal tends to be reached eventually.

I can see Guehi doing something his end. Not saying he needs to go on strike, but if he really wants to come I think he'll let them know. Can see it being something like £62m plus add-ons and we get it done. 

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I can see Guehi doing something his end. Not saying he needs to go on strike, but if he really wants to come I think he'll let them know. Can see it being something like £62m plus add-ons and we get it done. 

I don't even think they'd contemplate selling him when they can get £30m for Anderson who is 28, unless Guehi has indicated he wants the move.

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Tbf, for all his party line answers in that ‘interview’, he might already have done so.

He (or his agent) might have already said to Parish ‘look, no chance we’re signing a new contract and we’d like to move on’.

Despite all the TV bluster, the fact that they’ve been consistently negotiating with us for this long suggests they’re probably anticipating him going.

3 hours ago, vexred said:

Simon Jordon on Talk sport saying we should pay £70M because that's what Chelsea payed for Fofana. 

Wish someone would explain to that dipshit we can’t because of clubs like his and the stupid psr rules they back.