Marc Guehi

gdm

Given Andersen is considered to be a like for like copy of Schar albeit 5 years younger, getting him for 20m could be a great short term option for a couple of years. Buys us time, and keeps money in the pot for a top RW. 

Schar and Andersen (and Krafth) as the passing defenders is more than good enough for RCB with Botman Kelly and Burn for LCB. 

Lacks speed but can resolve that next summer. 

Just now, kingxlnc said:

Given Andersen is considered to be a like for like copy of Schar albeit 5 years younger, getting him for 20m could be a great short term option for a couple of years. Buys us time, and keeps money in the pot for a top RW. 

Schar and Andersen (and Krafth) as the passing defenders is more than good enough for RCB with Botman Kelly and Burn for LCB. 

Lacks speed but can resolve that next summer. 

He’s too old and has no resale value. (When I sold I mean you are unlikely to make a profit on sale if you hold onto him for 2-3 years). 

1 hour ago, Sibierski said:

Diasi is a red flag for me. Stay away from previous players at clubs Mitchell, thank you. 

Don’t understand the logic of this comment, other than being something plucked out of thin air to moan about.

1 hour ago, Scoot said:

Stay tuned to sky sports news for the latest. 

All these journalists just string us along man.

I don't think he needs the Guehi story to get people to tune in like. The general perception is that should be a busy week and a half regardless.

Edited by The Prophet

35 minutes ago, JJ7 said:

Don’t understand the logic of this comment, other than being something plucked out of thin air to moan about.

Agree. If he’s from a previous club Mitchell will have great insight about his character, the sort of insight you can’t get from scouting or data.

Not sure if the recent silence re Guehi is a good thing or not, but I'm tending to think it is.

We haven't tended to give up on our reported targets in the past and if we haven't in this case then I'd prefer no noise about it. I'll still be delighted if we get him, at whatever price the club thinks is right.

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Would you? Let’s be honest he doesn’t support and his options are looking rather good, why would he sweat it?

No I wouldn't, but then I don't earn enough in a month to set me up for life, and a few weeks wages wouldn't make a difference.

Fair point though

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

Ousmane Diomande for around 50m.. why they are not all over this I’ll never know 

Maybe they have already explored it and he doesn’t want to come? You’ve got no idea who they have or haven’t talked too. 

1 hour ago, JJ7 said:

There’s very little good examples of a DoF signing players from a previous club / connections that turn out good long term. 

41 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Ousmane Diomande for around 50m.. why they are not all over this I’ll never know 

Because he’s far worse than Guehi and not that much cheaper probably.

12 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

There’s very little good examples of a DoF signing players from a previous club / connections that turn out good long term. 

Seems anecdotal that statement. In general people tend to gravitate towards people they've worked well with before, and that is usually considered a positive thing. It's kind of odd that you don't mind this for Howe (Wilson, Kelly, etc.) but suddenly when it's a DoF it becomes a problem. I'd love for Mitchell to use his inside knowledge of Monaco's academy to try and poach their best prospects for example.