Marc Guehi

gdm

3 hours ago, Memphis said:

Again, as I've said before regarding ITKs - whenever you see one on Twitter, think to yourself, "Why would this person have any information?" I can understand why a journalist might have information - they are disseminators of information, and agents and clubs might use that to their advantage in giving them relevant information. NUFCWill or whoever has no such status. Why would anyone in a position to know any of this information that is HIGHLY HIGHLY proprietary and potentially damaging to any deal give that info to NUFCWill or anyone else? Why would they jeopardize their job to give some random fucker a few more likes on social media? How are they or the club given any advantage by that?

The truth is these guys take slivers of info from any and everywhere and blast it out. Occasionally they'll be right purely by luck. But if they were truly connected, they'd rarely be wrong. 

Please be a smart consumer of information. Save us from this shit.

And if, by some strange quirk, someone did regularly become party to inside info, why would they not make money out of it (i.e. by selling the info to newspapers)?

3 minutes ago, magorific said:

And if, by some strange quirk, someone did regularly become party to inside info, why would they not make money out of it (i.e. by selling the info to newspapers)?

More money on Socials tbf 

Getting excited at the idea of singing him now like, pretty sure it will be the first time we signed a highly rated Prem player who shouldn't need any time bedding in

1 minute ago, janpawel said:

Getting excited at the idea of singing him now like, pretty sure it will be the first time we signed a highly rated Prem player who shouldn't need any time bedding in

ahem..!

image.jpeg.216ed1849cf50efd628cf29db85135a5.jpeg

This is getting old now though. Yo, Will1892, can you get your contact Shadow Puppets to get his mates at the club to hurry the fuck up with this deal? I'm hoping to still have plenty of time this transfer window to focus my undivided attention on being annoyed at the lack of a new RW. Ta.

I’m intrigued at what Howe would do if we get Guehi because you know how much he loves Dan Burn and I think he’d want him in the team ideally, especially with his leadership skills. But Shar is our best CB I’d say… perhaps a extended break for the latter after coming back late this summer? 

4 minutes ago, timnufc22 said:

I’m intrigued at what Howe would do if we get Guehi because you know how much he loves Dan Burn and I think he’d want him in the team ideally, especially with his leadership skills. But Shar is our best CB I’d say… perhaps a extended break for the latter after coming back late this summer? 

I'm sure it'd be Guehi LCB and Schar RCB, at least until Botman is fully fit 

For me it's a question of will he start Hall/Kelly or even Burn at LB 

Hoping it's Hall, he has a great end of the season and also has looked good + lots of minutes in pre season there

But like you say, Howe loves Burn (height..) 

Hope to never see Dan Burn at left back again. If anything it's unfair on him, he's far more comfortable at CB and it suits him. He should be 5th Choice now behind Hall, Kelly, Targett, and even Tino.

36 minutes ago, alexf said:

Hope to never see Dan Burn at left back again. If anything it's unfair on him, he's far more comfortable at CB and it suits him. He should be 5th Choice now behind Hall, Kelly, Targett, and even Tino.

You’ve got to love how England played Trippier at LB at the Euros in every game except the final, but he’d be sixth choice LB for us :) 

5 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

You’ve got to love how England played Trippier at LB at the Euros in every game except the final, but he’d be sixth choice LB for us :) 

He should be sixth choice for England -  no disrespect to tripps but at the euros he was terrible at lb.

Edited by Gawalls

15 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

He should be sixth choice for England -  no disrespect to tripps but at the euros he was terrible at lb.

Was he? I genuinely thought he was really good defensively, but struggled in supporting the attack. Didn't help that he's a right footed, playing out of position and had no left winger in front of him.

6 hours ago, alexf said:

Yeah would also like to think that v Southampton at home Howe would look for more offensive threat from LB which Hall gives. He’s had a good preseason and is up to speed whereas Kelly isn’t up to speed yet. 

I actually think it’ll be Hall, Burn, Schar and Tino (or Trippier). Obviously if Guehi comes in before the first game then Howe would have to decide whether to start him. 

10 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Yeah would also like to think that v Southampton at home Howe would look for more offensive threat from LB which Hall gives. He’s had a good preseason and is up to speed whereas Kelly isn’t up to speed yet. 

I actually think it’ll be Hall, Burn, Schar and Tino (or Trippier). Obviously if Guehi comes in before the first game then Howe would have to decide whether to start him. 

Yeah good point about the home fixture 

Plus Kelly has only played 45mins in pre season so pretty sure he's ruled out of starting the first game 

35 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Yeah good point about the home fixture 

Plus Kelly has only played 45mins in pre season so pretty sure he's ruled out of starting the first game 

The thing is if Guehi does come in and plays on the left of central defence eventually (Schar right) Howe might be more encouraged to play Hall because he knows he has pace at the back to offset Hall going forward or any potential defensive lapses (Hall isn’t slow either to be fair).

45 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

The thing is if Guehi does come in and plays on the left of central defence eventually (Schar right) Howe might be more encouraged to play Hall because he knows he has pace at the back to offset Hall going forward or any potential defensive lapses (Hall isn’t slow either to be fair).

He didn't mind playing Burn who has no pace and continually had lapses mainly due to pace.

1 hour ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I like Hall for the LB/WB role, but he is prone to a Beresford style charge up the pitch which leaves him out of position. Not a bad thing (when our attack doesn’t break down) but a bit more covering pace in LCB would be a big asset.