The worst Newcastle player you've seen in a match

gjohnson

10 minutes ago, Magdad said:

Now there’s a shout. Can’t remember who against but only man I’ve witnessed who’s managed to head a ball from a half yard out, off the ground and over the bar with a free net to 

Spurs, I was stood watching it. As it came over I just turned to a mate and went "missed" lol he had his 'moments' but my god, KK saw through it in a week

29 minutes ago, Earp said:

Chris Hedworth - how he ever slipped through the net and became a professional football 

The West Ham away game, when he had to go in goal and then come off because he had hurt himself! Peter Beardsley ended up in goal and we finished with 8 men, IIRC. That game wasn't Hedworth's fault, btw - but it's a memory that sticks out for me - listened to the 2nd half on Metro Radio.

1 hour ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Tommy Gibb for me too like Longstaff he had absolutely no class whatsoever.

So harsh on Longstaff, people are quick to forget he started 30 something times in a side that finished 4th and made a cup final. He carried an injury for 2/3 months towards the end of last season in a team already massacred by fitness issues.. he has his limitations but is no where near as bad as some make out.

Edited by Nine

Jak Alnwick against Spurs was when it became obvious to me just how shit he is/was. 

Nicky But at the Cardiff Semi-Final was the most spineless I've seen. 

Can't remember who against but James Perch had an absolute 'mare at right back soon after he'd joined, was laughably bad. 

2 hours ago, La Parka said:

Cacapa Vs Portsmouth is burnt into my memory.

Thauvain Vs Sheffield Wednesday in the league cup? The whole team took the piss in that.

Mbabu came on and looked class I thought, but yeah 😆

1 minute ago, Southern Geordie said:

For one off games, Bowyer/Dyer joint award for the Villa game.

Or Barton away at Anfield.

Steven Taylor didn't have a great game that day either, never caught the sniper did they?

15 minutes ago, Nine said:

So harsh on Longstaff, people are quick to forget he started 30 something times in a side that finished 4th and made a cup final. He carried an injury for 2/3 months towards the end of last season in a team already massacred by fitness issues.. he has his limitations but is no where near as bad as some make out.

It was the entire season he played like he had 2 broken feet and was a complete coward. Very good at trying to look busy but in reality was a complete bottle job. Didn’t tackle, ran but rarely pressed, couldn’t read simple interceptions, couldn’t see passes, couldn’t shoot for shit, wouldn’t tackle, and always looked like he was going to cry.

he had a cracking season the year before but that is now 12 months of being shit. 

previous time he was any good was when Rafa was here. Lads a confidence player and 12 months of shitness is not the place to look for it in Newcastle when it’s not your first rodeo at shitness. 

3 minutes ago, Magdad said:

It was the entire season he played like he had 2 broken feet and was a complete coward. Very good at trying to look busy but in reality was a complete bottle job. Didn’t tackle, ran but rarely pressed, couldn’t read simple interceptions, couldn’t see passes, couldn’t shoot for shit, wouldn’t tackle, and always looked like he was going to cry.

he had a cracking season the year before but that is now 12 months of being shit. 

previous time he was any good was when Rafa was here. Lads a confidence player and 12 months of shitness is not the place to look for it in Newcastle when it’s not your first rodeo at shitness. 

He obviously had a poor season and there's potential mitigating circumstances around playing through injuries, but he did pop up with 8 goals so it wasn't all turboshit.

1 hour ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Boumsong, Nicky butt, Andy Faye, mike hooper, pistone 

Was a lad near me at matches with his name on his shirt. 

Nicely separated. Pist One. 😂

Alan Smith when Hughton kept playing him the Championship and even a few games into the next season before Tiote replaced him. Take your pick, there’s dozens of insipid displays. Blackpool at home Sep 2010 (with Tiote daftly left on the bench) stands out.

2 hours ago, Menace said:

Boumsong against Yeading

Riviere in general

Was that when he got given the runaround by DJ Campbell? Game was at Loftus Road? He was hopeless. 

Oddly can’t think of any in particular for games I have been at live. But Kenedy against Cardiff and Cacapa vs Pompey are the obvious ones. Not surprised to see them keep getting mentioned. 

I remember Wigan away on Boxing Day under Allardyce being arguably the worst game and performance from us I’ve ever seen live. Fulham away, also under Allardyce a close second. Even though we won :lol: seen some hammerings. But the football was just offensively bad. Not even League One standard. 

In the former. I remember Smith and Geremi being particularly woeful. Along with Viduka, who admittedly was up top on his own about 50 yards from our midfield.

Still think the Allardyce stuff is up there with anything Bruce, Carver and Pardew served up. 

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Was that when he got given the runaround by DJ Campbell? Game was at Loftus Road? He was hopeless. 

Oddly can’t think of any in particular for games I have been at live. But Kenedy against Cardiff and Cacapa vs Pompey are the obvious ones. Not surprised to see them keep getting mentioned. 

I remember Wigan away on Boxing Day under Allardyce being arguably the worst game and performance from us I’ve ever seen live. Fulham away, also under Allardyce a close second. Even though we won :lol: seen some hammerings. But the football was just offensively bad. Not even League One standard. 

In the former. I remember Smith and Geremi being particularly woeful. Along with Viduka, who admittedly was up top on his own about 50 yards from our midfield.

Still think the Allardyce stuff is up there with anything Bruce, Carver and Pardew served up. 

Watched that Fulham away game on a dicky feed somewhere, Barton late pen?

Absolutely turgid.

We were terrible under Allardyce in large part but nothing compared to Carver. We will never seen anything again like those performances under Carver.

Lucky I didn't see kenedy at Cardiff. 

Fumaca is the clear and obvious winner easily mind.

Honourable mentions for thauvin at Watford, Alnwick spurs, cacapa pompey and rush at leeds

3 hours ago, BergenMagpie said:

Rivière. Absolutely hopeless

Agree with thus, I reckon he must of had the softest shot in the history of the club

5 minutes ago, Ben said:

Agree with thus, I reckon he must of had the softest shot in the history of the club

Softer than de Jong who didn't even reach the keeper that game?

3 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Or Cacapa v Portsmouth. You've never seen a player so 'finished'

played CM one game soon after Keegan left and got an assist for Owen at West Ham. Can't be many teams relegated the same season as a Brazilian international assisting one of England's all-time top scorers.