The worst Newcastle player you've seen in a match

gjohnson

Anyone mentioned Jak Alnwick? He didn't look like he'd ever be good enough for National League level at the time.

Seems he's had a nice Football League career since though.

3 hours ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

Tommy Gibb was a very good player who's confidence was shot by the Boo Boys, looks like they are trying to do the same to Longstaff. To mention those two players in the same breath as Boumsong, Nicky Butt, Amdy Faye, Mike Hooper, Pistone, Fumaca is ridiculous 

I watched his every game m8 he was utterly bereft of talent

He was never a 'good player'

Are you related 😂

Just now, Terrymac1966 said:

I watched his every game m8 he was utterly bereft of talent

He was never a 'good player'

Are you related 😂

People didnt boo him in the main just when he made ridiculous errors which was too often

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Anyone mentioned Jak Alnwick? He didn't look like he'd ever be good enough for National League level at the time.

Seems he's had a nice Football League career since though.

Alnwick was comfortably the worst keeper I've seen play for us. Absolutely shite.

Loving these threads mind.

Thought Tomasson and McClen were so bad they were frauds. Of course Tomasson went on to have a career but there was one game McClen was so out his depth he was red with embarrassment. 

Remember Paul Sweeney getting his arse tore off by Jimmy Carter (the other one) but had his okay games too.

Rob Elliot against Man United, four shots four goals, cant remember them but remember thinking they were mostly very saveable

Not sure if mentioned. Paul Moran who came on loan from Spurs around 91. Apparently, Gazza took him out the night before we played Wolves at home. He played the next day still clearly half pissed, trundled a shot from about a yard out against the post that most people's grandad's could have scored, dreadful game finished 0-0 and he was hooked early never to be seen again.

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Not sure if mentioned. Paul Moran who came on loan from Spurs around 91. Apparently, Gazza took him out the night before we played Wolves at home. He played the next day still clearly half pissed, trundled a shot from about a yard out against the post that most people's grandad's could have scored, dreadful game finished 0-0 and he was hooked early never to be seen again.

I always remember in the Mag or Black and White when they did their season reviews, a contender for best overheard comment was about that miss "bloody hell! even Dillon would have hit the post with that"

1 minute ago, Jonas said:

I always remember in the Mag or Black and White when they did their season reviews, a contender for best overheard comment was about that miss "bloody hell! even Dillon would have hit the post with that"

That's a good one. Honestly, i've seen some dreck at the Toon since first going around 83, Rob Mcdonald and Frank Pingel stand out but that Moran performance against Wolves was genuinely and easily the worst center forward "performance" of all time. He was literally stumbling around on the pitch. This lad was a pro with Spurs, not some fat lad that won a competition to play for a few minutes. That 90/91 season was pure dross, loads of shite home games.

Obertan was the first time I actively saw a player bottling challenges. I at least thought professionals gave their all until I saw him. He’s the worst. 

I wanna say it was Arsenal away 2011-2012, the 2-1 last minute dagger. I just couldn’t believe I was seeing a professional footballer avoiding contact.  

Edited by Astroblack

7 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

That's a good one. Honestly, i've seen some dreck at the Toon since first going around 83, Rob Mcdonald and Frank Pingel stand out but that Moran performance against Wolves was genuinely and easily the worst center forward "performance" of all time. He was literally stumbling around on the pitch. This lad was a pro with Spurs, not some fat lad that won a competition to play for a few minutes. That 90/91 season was pure dross, loads of shite home games.

Was my second full season. Had to go on holiday with the school and missed Sheff Wed, Oldham and Ipswich at home - legitimately about 50% of the home games that season that weren't dire.

6 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Yanga Mbiwa v Everton at SJP. We lost 2-0, Barkley scored a great goal, just ran through us. Yanga Mbiwa couldn't even judge the flight of the ball that night, he was absolutely horrific, the freak.

:lol: 

7 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Was my second full season. Had to go on holiday with the school and missed Sheff Wed, Oldham and Ipswich at home - legitimately about 50% of the home games that season that weren't dire.

Yep those plus West Ham was a canny game early on but things didn't pick up until the last few games after Ozzy took over. October through mid-April was just depressing, loads of 0-0s and home defeats as well, games where you honestly wondered why you were there. Probably a conversation for a thread about overall seasons. Other than 88/89, 90/91 takes some beating for worst season ever. Pure boredom.

Can’t pick out a specific game, but Obertan always looked hopeless. Especially funny after he got swole. :lol: 

Rivière was particularly bad, too.

3 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

Fulham away, also under Allardyce a close second. Even though we won :lol: 

I remember that game because Fulham brought on a sub to play up front who could barely run and was hilariously slow; due to the tedium of the match me and my dad watched him for a while and couldn't stop laughing. How the fuck has this bloke managed to get on in a Premier League game, we asked ourselves. 

The player in question? Shefki Kuqi, who we then fucking signed a full three years later :lol:

Can’t remember the specific game but Babayaro was bad enough in it for me to think of him nearly 20 years later for this. Danny Simpson also had some games where the other team would constantly attack his side knowing he would back off and never, ever put a tackle in. 

3 hours ago, Chapo said:

Mike Williamson had an absolute stinker in a game under Carver, certain he got deliberately sent off too. 

Leicester away. Lost 3-0 and ended up with 9 men. Awful, awful days.

7 hours ago, Sibierski said:

This for me. Genuinely one of the most complete 0 out 10 performance I’ve ever seen. The chance to redeem that terrible performance with a penalty right at the end, and still fucked it :D 

yep, this is the one I recall as well. I couldn't find words to describe that performance. The fact it jumped to mind immediately says everything. No debating with myself. It was that Kennedy fucker right off the bat.

From an earlier post, I think the winger that Shearer lost it about was Alan O’Brien ?

Anyone mentioned Mike Larnach yet ? Home debut was against Liverpool , looked completely lost but at least managed to get one shot away which was more than I think he did in his other dozen or so games up front before he disappeared back to the lower Scottish divisions where he’d come from.

4 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Nacho Gonzales has to be up there. 

Did he play? I can't even remember him getting minutes