The worst Newcastle player you've seen in a match

gjohnson

Don't recall him ever actually playing. Was he the one that signed as an agent favour to open South American links and just get him out of Ukraine as it was kicking off over there

8 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Was a better full back than Barton tbh.  Barton was a massive weak link in 95/96, and we ludicrously overpaid for him.

Doesn’t mean he isn’t a top gadgie, but Christ we wasted that £4.5m

Agreed. Absurd to mention Hottiger as one of our worst ever.

5 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Mark Stimson is still the worst first team regular I’ve ever seen in B&W

Fumaca is still the worst I’ve seen generally - poor sod was our Ali Dia.  Like a rabbit in headlights 

Agreed re Fumaca, although I didn't think Stimmo was quite as bad as that. 

Albert Craig, Dave McKellar, Paul Sweeney, Darron McDonough, Jean-Alain Boumsong (value-wise, our worst ever?) all up (down) there for me.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I feel like anyone suggesting alternatives must have surely forgotten Kenedy's Cardiff performance. Nothing else I've seen comes anywhere near close.

Trust me, Paul Moran was worse. Hard to believe as it may be. At least Kenedy was still on the pitch to hopelessly miss the pen, Moran had waddled off mortal by half time.

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I feel like anyone suggesting alternatives must have surely forgotten Kenedy's Cardiff performance. Nothing else I've seen comes anywhere near close.

I said it on the previous page. Definitely up there with one of the worst I’ve seen. And I’ve seen some guff in my time. 

Kenedy against Cardiff was up there with the very worst displays. 

I loved Daryl Janmaat for most of his time here but as the thread title asks for in a match, his performance away to Swansea was disgusting, so lazy and so disinterested and sent-off for twi cheap yellows, i remember being so annoyed, id put more effort in to get there than he had his performance.

And pretty much everyone who featured the evening Lascelles got sent-off at Everton and then said nobody cared. Honking evening.

1 minute ago, CheicksCalfs said:

Brian Pinas. Although he never played from memory. Just for the name 😁 

I was at Birmingham City for a friendly when he did play.  ‘Stand up if you’ve got a Pinas’, etc

We put Les Ferdinand off with laughing.  Don’t think Pinas played again 

24 minutes ago, magorific said:

Agreed re Fumaca, although I didn't think Stimmo was quite as bad as that. 

Albert Craig, Dave McKellar, Paul Sweeney, Darron McDonough, Jean-Alain Boumsong (value-wise, our worst ever?) all up (down) there for me.

All awful :) - though I really didn’t like Stimson as a FB.  Thought he was absolute shite 

I missed Kenedy at Cardiff.

Peter Ramage is by no means the worst academy product to play for us - but he's probably the worst I've seen to become a regular. He made over 50 appearances.

Amdy Faye was consistently shit and never showed anything. Similarly Riviere. 

Lee Payne. Signed from Reading I think around 88ish. Looked like he weighed about 100 pounds soaking wet, probably made 6 or 7 unremarkable appearances then disappeared. Think he cost about 40k and he was overpriced at that. As far as long forgotten criteria goes, hard pressed to think of someone more forgettable :lol:

Edit - looked him up and he actually signed from Barnet before going to Reading.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

On 04/08/2024 at 08:49, Nucasol said:

Geremi v Scunthorpe (a) in 2009/10 was a low point for me. Hooked after 60 mins for Marlon Harewood. I don’t know whether he ever played again for us after that but he looked every inch the 47 year old he probably was.

Would be this for me. I was there in the small section we had along the side. I remember he had a shot that went over the stand, and it looked to a man, everyone in the stand behind the goal going crazy. Hauled off and never to be seen again.

5 minutes ago, midds said:

The fact we've had several dozen suggestions speaks volumes about the utter shite we've had to watch for the last few decades :lol:

Wonder how many we’d get a consensus on though?  Should have a poll. ‘Player’s name’ and  ‘He was shit’: Yes, No, don’t know. Can’t see any good coming of it, mind, but it does satisfy my internal scientist. 

• 1 month later...

Fumaca for me, saw against Blyth Spartans and he was appalling and massively out of his depth and then lo and behold he came off the bench in a real game!  He was like a competition winner that they had to allow on the pitch but only his Mam had posted the entry as he'd never kicked a ball before... Woeful

Titus Bramble in a  0-2 home defeat to Blackburn Rovers. Looked as though he'd seen football on the telly and thought he'd have a go that day.

Shola was also naturally lukewarm horseshit as well, but I didn't expect anything more of him.

Edited by Stal

In more recent times:

Jak Alnwick deputising in goal,  it was a car crash, I suppose he was 4th choice. 

Antonio Barreca - was there for his debut and only game.

Achraf Lazaar. 

Yasin Ben El-Mhanni - much talked about but was a wet fart (that being kind to a fart), that Oxford game man, thanks Rafa.