Trevan Sanusi

Think there’s a bright future for him. 

he doesn’t looks scared to try and take his man on. Only bit tonight for me is he’s possibly trying too hard to impress. Rather than making the easier pass at times. But he’s only 17 and it’s his first game at SJP for the senior team so will be buzzing about it. Decision making like that will come with game time. But have been impressed overall with him so far 

He’s got a way to go, but I can see him getting his chance to get on this season. He works hard, full of confidence and likes to create. Not afraid to take a shot on goal. It’s nice seeing him looking comfortable on the ball. 

What's his story? I feel like we often have a player like this that you've never heard of pop up in pre-season, look promising, and then you inexplicably never hear from them again

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

What's his story? I feel like we often have a player like this that you've never heard of pop up in pre-season, look promising, and then you inexplicably never hear from them again

We signed him from Birmingham about a year ago. I believe he was considered one of the best young talents in the country and we beat a lot of big clubs to sign him.

3 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

We signed him from Birmingham about a year ago. I believe he was considered one of the best young talents in the country and we beat a lot of big clubs to sign him.

Hmm, intriguing. Hopefully he has a bit of a breakout season somewhere. 

First saw this lad when the 18s got battered in the Youth Cup in January, he's Maxi on steroids but he's got something. Even since then he's tightened up a lot, learning quickly training with the first team.

Someone mentioned on another thread but might be a case where we take the City route of keeping lads in house rather than loans if we can get them minutes here and there, got a few young lads who look like they could be very, very good players for us.

2 minutes ago, Kilcline said:

First saw this lad when the 18s got battered in the Youth Cup in January, he's Maxi on steroids but he's got something. Even since then he's tightened up a lot, learning quickly training with the first team.

Someone mentioned on another thread but might be a case where we take the City route of keeping lads in house rather than loans if we can get them minutes here and there, got a few young lads who look like they could be very, very good players for us.

He’ll get minutes this season. He’s already training with the first team.

Just now, Shearergol said:

He’ll get minutes this season. He’s already training with the first team.

I reckon so, hopefully plenty of opportunity to get him on when we're battering teams and stick Gordon/Barnes right/upfront so he can play on the left. Should theoretically help us get Isak some rest and not overexposure Osula if we don't need to.

Same for Alfie Harrison too hopefully.

Now scratching my head thinking how we get everyone minutes now I've typed that out, nice problem to have eh 😅

This boy will be a social experiment on how ASM would have turned out if he had proper training from a young age.

Edited by kocunar

13 minutes ago, Kilcline said:

I'm totally on board with this.

If they are talented young prospects they need to learn our system first and foremost, and also learn good habits in how to train, and what is expected from them. They should first spend at least a year training with the first team, minimum.

And if at any point they do have to go out on loan, because they are getting older and there just aren't enough opportunities to play in the first team, send them to a league and country that has a culture of developing young players, bringing them through and actually playing them in the first team.