Newcastle United vs. Southampton - 17/08/2024 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

Disco

We strolled it against Forest and I was more worried about that, thinking they'd have some sort of bounce with their bazillion new signings. 

5 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Saints fan at work thinks they're in for a battering as he reckons Martin will still try and play out from the back as a point of principle, even though their defenders aren't really great technically.

Would be perfect for us. Joelinton pressing like a goods train and the rest as well being in their faces. 

6 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Saints fan at work thinks they're in for a battering as he reckons Martin will still try and play out from the back as a point of principle, even though their defenders aren't really great technically.

I mean that’s never worked against us in 99% of the games Howes been in charge. So aye. Good luck with that. 

3 minutes ago, Fak said:

Pope; Tino, Schar, Burn, Hall; Longstaff, Bruno, Joelinton; Murphy, Isak, Gordon?

Front six, Pope and Schar pick themselves. Beyond that, I'd be surprised if he went with Tino and Hall. I think he'll have played Schar and Kelly in the last friendly with a view to them starting together today.

Edit - Trippier, Schar, Kelly, Hall back four I reckon. Would have guessed Burn LB until I saw Gordon's FPL team.

Edited by Keegans Export

Win today and we've basically won the Club of Clubs World Cup Premier Super League 

Edited by OCK

Barnes and Willock two canny players to bring off the bench

Still scarred by last season and seeing a bunch of kids on the bench every week

50 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Would be perfect for us. Joelinton pressing like a goods train and the rest as well being in their faces. 

Aye, we battered Girona through it.

If you are Southampton fan and saw that, you would fear.

7 minutes ago, Jinky said:

At least Le Tissier isnt available for this one.

Too busy licking Alex Jones’ ass now.

’Mmmmmm, some people say it’s shit, but they don’t know what I know’.

Edited by Stifler

19 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Barnes and Willock two canny players to bring off the bench

Still scarred by last season and seeing a bunch of kids on the bench every week

Thought he was still recovering from injury? 

Will be odd to not have at least two keepers on the bench as well after last year  :lol: