Darren Eales

Ronson333

The only way you're annoyed with Eales & co is if you really bought that crap about us being the richest club in the world who were going to be buying Ronaldo and Messi types every window.

Our online support is seemingly largely made up of trigger happy keyboard warrior kids.

12 minutes ago, Chris L said:

Some of the stuff he does reminds me of early Ashley days when he took over (the pints drinking in away end and necking down on tv) vibes. 

not sure about it. (Not saying I dislike him)

Needs to have a big week with transfers this week and a few months of positive stuff after that. 

Aye, I get that sense of him being a bit of a cunt behind closed doors. Will probably say all the right things to the fans at events etc but behind closed doors - he’s a little salary man. 

Could be totally wrong like but I just get that disingenuous vibe from him.

9 hours ago, BennyBlanco said:

Aye, I get that sense of him being a bit of a cunt behind closed doors. Will probably say all the right things to the fans at events etc but behind closed doors - he’s a little salary man. 

Could be totally wrong like but I just get that disingenuous vibe from him.

I've got that vibe from Mitchell as well whenever I've heard him speak. Clearly saw the ego barely surpressed behind sales speak.

Ultimately that doesn't mean he's bad at the job or anything though.

These guys haven't even done anything wrong and they're being labelled as being all sorts.

Mike Ashley and Llambias really may have been a true reflection of what a good number of the fans deserved.

This is horrendous.

35 minutes ago, KaKa said:

These guys haven't even done anything wrong and they're being labelled as being all sorts.

Mike Ashley and Llambias really may have been a true reflection of what a good number of the fans deserved.

This is horrendous.

Yeah. Ok the CL draw comment he shouldn’t have said, but if he wasn’t being put in the public meeting fans, then people would just bash him for not having a relationship with the fans.

Ironically, the people bashing him for meeting fans, would be the first ones to go up to him, say hi, and shake his hand.

I personally think that the interview he did regarding Mitchell etc is what led to Eddie’s remarks about job boundaries at that press conference in Germany which created an impression of some discontent behind the scenes.  He talked about how Mitchell’s appointment would allow Eddie to do what he was best at on the training ground.  The press were told that Eddie didn’t know about Mitchell’s appointment until the day before it was announced so it looks like Eddie was completely in the dark about how the appointment of Mitchell would impact upon him.

If that was the case then it was poor from Eales to make such remarks in a press interview before discussing it with Eddie.  And I think that has created the current narrative that the media are constantly pushing of all not being well. 

There's 14 years of evidence of the majority of our fans refusing to do anything more productive than bitch and moan online when they had justifiable reasons to hate the way the club was being run.

Eales hasn't done anything more than exist in circumstances where we haven't signed anyone of note yet and some of our more spoiled brat fans are looking to get people in their crosshairs. And by in their crosshairs I of course mean bitching and moaning about them online.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 hour ago, Wallace said:

I personally think that the interview he did regarding Mitchell etc is what led to Eddie’s remarks about job boundaries at that press conference in Germany which created an impression of some discontent behind the scenes.  He talked about how Mitchell’s appointment would allow Eddie to do what he was best at on the training ground.  The press were told that Eddie didn’t know about Mitchell’s appointment until the day before it was announced so it looks like Eddie was completely in the dark about how the appointment of Mitchell would impact upon him.

If that was the case then it was poor from Eales to make such remarks in a press interview before discussing it with Eddie.  And I think that has created the current narrative that the media are constantly pushing of all not being well. 

Exactly, it didn’t make sense that they’d not consult Howe about working boundaries before deciding to appoint Mitchell (and Bunce). That’s a poor way to run things so Howe, rightly or wrongly, felt the need to respond publicly. Even last week, Howe said he’s not getting regular updates - that’s a very deliberate sentence. He’s said that for a reason and the context is “and I’m not happy about it hence saying that publicly”. I think it’s naïve to think otherwise. The whole thing has been handled badly and there’s definite comparisons to Keegan 2008, albeit different context around ambition.

8 minutes ago, timnufc22 said:

Exactly, it didn’t make sense that they’d not consult Howe about working boundaries before deciding to appoint Mitchell (and Bunce). That’s a poor way to run things so Howe, rightly or wrongly, felt the need to respond publicly. Even last week, Howe said he’s not getting regular updates - that’s a very deliberate sentence. He’s said that for a reason and the context is “and I’m not happy about it hence saying that publicly”. I think it’s naïve to think otherwise. The whole thing has been handled badly and there’s definite comparisons to Keegan 2008, albeit different context around ambition.

I don't think that Eales was out of line nor Mitchell tbh - it was daft by Howe more than anything.  Why should the manager expect to have that level of power at the club?  That's not how other top clubs are run.  I hope Howe has settled and is working well with them, but I don't think that the manager should be consulted on those sort of appointments.

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

This is horrendous.

There is a middle ground to be found tbf - I don't think that the current club management has done anything to deserve vitriol, but no club management should be immune to questioning nor to criticism - even if a shitload of trophies are won.  Bollocks to Ashley and Llambias; plenty of us remember the failure to question the Halls and Shepherds because we had a good team and we had been in the worst condition in our history (far, far worse than that Ashley left us in), until it was far too late.  They don't need to be obvious pantomime villains.

Honestly think Staverley is a huge miss purely for communication. Eales pratting about, I am not going to judge him personally but he shouldn't need to be doing that and feels a bit forced. Maybe that's just what he's like and fair enough. It still seems very small time on one hand, on another there will be a time when the club is a big corporate behemoth mega club and it'll lack any actual human touch so may be a case of be careful what you wish for. 

42 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

There is a middle ground to be found tbf - I don't think that the current club management has done anything to deserve vitriol, but no club management should be immune to questioning nor to criticism - even if a shitload of trophies are won.  Bollocks to Ashley and Llambias; plenty of us remember the failure to question the Halls and Shepherds because we had a good team and we had been in the worst condition in our history (far, far worse than that Ashley left us in), until it was far too late.  They don't need to be obvious pantomime villains.

Fine to question the work they've done.

However speculating over their character and who they are as people, when none of us know them personally, is pretty grim stuff.

I personally think he's a really top bloke and I know people who've met him who say he's really sound.

Some pretty odd takes in here based on fuck all but hey, opinions and all that

Aye judgements on character are completely waste of time, if i said he was annoying its more just interactions in the media i have no idea what any of them are like. It's the old thing of Charnley being hated by all (for good reason in many ways) but apparently being a decent chap outside of work who helped the food bank and didn't want credit for it, not sure how true that is...

21 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Fine to question the work they've done.

However speculating over their character and who they are as people, when none of us know them personally, is pretty grim stuff.

I agree, I don’t think they’ve done anything to date which would lead to their characters being questioned (though I’ll add myself to those who have winced a bit at Eales a couple of times, but they were hardly transgressions).  I’d urge caution re being overly critical or overly defensive of any of them. 

4 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

He’d be the second coming of Christ if we’d signed 6 players.

He wouldn’t as he isn’t the one responsible for signing players is he ?

I've come to the conclusion that some of our fans actually prefer the transfer window and signing players more than the actual football.

They react to a lack of signings the same way I reacted to Greame Souness attempt at managing the team. 

I get angry on a matchday when we have a poor performance but that's what being a football fan is about. When you step back and look at the last 3 years, it's been nothing but an absolute joy. We play good football, we've signed some amazing players, we've got our club back. I find it weird that others aren't enjoying it.

1 minute ago, STM said:

I've come to the conclusion that some of our fans actually prefer the transfer window and signing players more than the actual football.

They react to a lack of signings the same way I reacted to Greame Souness attempt at managing the team. 

I get angry on a matchday when we have a poor performance but that's what being a football fan is about. When you step back and look at the last 3 years, it's been nothing but an absolute joy. We play good football, we've signed some amazing players, we've got our club back. I find it weird that others aren't enjoying it.

Yeah, I want to see the club sign players as part of the progression, but there does seem to be a lot of outright panic.  We’ve got a capable squad and a good manager even if no-one else comes in (though my preference would be to get more quality in).  Can’t say that transfer ins and outs get my juices flowing generally speaking (other than the very rare ‘superstar’ signing)

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah, I want to see the club sign players as part of the progression, but there does seem to be a lot of outright panic.  We’ve got a capable squad and a good manager even if no-one else comes in (though my preference would be to get more quality in).  Can’t say that transfer ins and outs get my juices flowing generally speaking (other than the very rare ‘superstar’ signing)

I think this is natural to be fair, we all want the best for the club and that manifests itself in many different ways, as long as people are posting with sincerity the end goal should always be the same. 

On a more footballing note, I think last season and the start of this season has quite clearly displayed our limitations and a lot of fans wish those to be addressed, that paired with the fact most of the clubs in the league have strengthened makes it even more imperative. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

I think this is natural to be fair, we all want the best for the club and that manifests itself in many different ways, as long as people are posting with sincerity the end goal should always be the same. 

On a more footballing note, I think last season and the start of this season has quite clearly displayed our limitations and a lot of fans wish those to be addressed, that paired with the fact most of the clubs in the league have strengthened makes it even more imperative. 

I would always want to see us bring better players in than we have, and the limitations are there for all to see, but it isn’t panic stations if the window closes with no more signings for me.  I do actually think that Guehi will end up here, mind. 

So we've gone from Paul Mitchell getting criticised despite his office chair barely being warm, to now the CEO. How long before Jason Tindall gets called a TOWIE wanna be then?

Eddie Howe the polite southern git coming up here eating our stake bakes. Let me tell you something, Eddie, I lived in High Wycome (Naphill and Walters Ash to be more precise), I've seen what you've left behind. And it's a rather nice place prone to flooding, so let me tell you something, boy. If you think you can come up here with your Buckinghamshire ways, let me tell you... I'll tell you... 

14 minutes ago, STM said:

Oh completely, perspective does need to be have, it's just I think a reminder of barren transfer windows under ashley where you knew standing still just meant a worse season to follow. Now I agree completely that there are differences to consider and think we will have a better season than last season whatever, but this time there is a but. The club are obviously horrendously constrained by PSR being ridiculous so I am far far from angry about it, but also boy wouldn't it be nice to have the excitement of a new signing :P