Newcastle United Vs. AFC Wimbledon [LCR3] (01/10/24) Live on SkySports+ (Chelsea (h) if we progress)

Just now, Yorkie said:

Tough one for Chelsea at home to Barrow mind. 

We should just swap with Chelsea. Absolutely no fucking need for us to be going to Wimbledon on a Tuesday or Wednesday night, and absolutely no fucking need for Barrow to go to London when they can just cross the A66 and come up the A1.

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Someone make the corruption make sense. The reason given for the European teams not playing each other farce was that there's extra fixtures. But they all still have to play a Carabao Cup game so why can't they play each other?

The CL and Europa League take place in opposite weeks this season so if they drew each other there would be no week to play the game.

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

First time we've played Wimbledon in my life time. There's one to make yous all feel old.

My first away game was Wimbledon, 1-1 in 1998 as a hopeful 8 year old :lol:

Just now, Ashley17 said:

The CL and Europa League take place in opposite weeks this season so if they drew each other there would be no week to play the game.

You just rearrange the League Cup rounds to the week the European teams don’t play. It’s fairly fucking simple like.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

We should just swap with Chelsea. Absolutely no fucking need for us to be going to Wimbledon on a Tuesday or Wednesday night, and absolutely no fucking need for Barrow to go to London when they can just cross the A66 and come up the A1.

I’d go M6 then A69, with a stop off in Haltwhistle for a few laps of the outdoor pool 

Edited by bobbydazzla

6 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Does this pre-draw shit happen in the next round, too?

Honestly, wish we’d just let the corrupt six fuck off to their ESL. 

Nah, just this round. By the end of this round the chance of them playing each other is pretty much certain in anyway.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

You just rearrange the League Cup rounds to the week the European teams don’t play. It’s fairly fucking simple like.

UEFA fucked the job by basically having European games every week for about six weeks in Sep/Oct

4 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

My first away game was Wimbledon, 1-1 in 1998 as a hopeful 8 year old :lol:

Think I went to that one. At Selhurst Park if I remember correctly?

6 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Speaking of Wimbledon I'm sure pod on the tyne mentioned Carl Cort is now a taxi driver in America these days. Some fall from grace 

Ruben loftus-Cheek is his half brother 

5 minutes ago, Stifler said:

It’s every fucking week mate, it’s CL then Europa (plus an International break) for about 6 straight weeks. There would be no week to play it if they drew each other

7 minutes ago, SteV said:

Capacity 9300, so away allocation likely sub 1000 😬

Their ground is decent, much better than Crystal Palace’s which are one of their south London neighbours.