Newcastle United Vs. AFC Wimbledon [LCR3] (01/10/24) Live on SkySports+ (Chelsea (h) if we progress)

1 minute ago, Paully said:

24th Wimbledon away FFS
England vs Australia at Durham 

Raging!

Be pissing down for the cricket get yourself to Wimbledon they've gotta roof now

4 minutes ago, Paully said:

24th Wimbledon away FFS

Raging!

The ECB putting the only game International game of the summer for Durham at the end of September feels contemptuous. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Paully said:

24th Wimbledon away FFS

Raging!

Knew you'd have tickets for that. 

I'm delighted it's not at SJP as I'd have to choose between the two of them too

33 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Knew you'd have tickets for that. 

I'm delighted it's not at SJP as I'd have to choose between the two of them too

Could do both mate - 11am start cricket! 

Probably slightly off topic for this now, but earlier today out of curiosity I had a look at the European fixtures to see how spreading them out over two weeks actually works.

I was surprised to see that it turns out that "spread over two weeks" was slightly misleading. Basically, all the CL games are played in the first week and the Europa League is in the second week.

So, there is no good reason at all why any of the CL teams couldn't have played each other during w/c 23rd or why Spurs and Man Utd couldn't have played each other w/c 16th.

They're taking the piss again.

51 minutes ago, geordiesteve710 said:

Probably slightly off topic for this now, but earlier today out of curiosity I had a look at the European fixtures to see how spreading them out over two weeks actually works.

I was surprised to see that it turns out that "spread over two weeks" was slightly misleading. Basically, all the CL games are played in the first week and the Europa League is in the second week.

So, there is no good reason at all why any of the CL teams couldn't have played each other during w/c 23rd or why Spurs and Man Utd couldn't have played each other w/c 16th.

They're taking the piss again.

Aye, said it the night of the draw. No reason whatsoever, except for blatant cheating obviously, that the CL clubs couldn't play each other. 

11 minutes ago, SteV said:

Just seen Sky have picked Man Utd v Barnsley as one of their main games. You have to laugh.

That's Man U's first 8 games of the season televised now. Almost like they need the money. 

image.thumb.png.cfab7b1e795fa3d08195b16d3699fa11.png

Edited by OCK

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/09/2024 at 19:11, SteV said:

Just seen Sky have picked Man Utd v Barnsley as one of their main games. You have to laugh.

Like the FA Cup, they always get picked because only the televised games in the U.K. are shown abroad, and they kind of have to have every single Man Utd game available for the foreign market.

They shouldn’t, the League, and the FA should be encouraging an uptake in fans across the board, but TV distributors demand Man Utd.

Honestly I dont care who plays as long as we get a good performance and result. Winning the game is all that matters of course but another poor performance will just increase the frustration among the fans. We're playing bloody Wimbledon, if we can't show up for this then Man City is going to be fucking wild. :lol: