Anthony Elanga

SUPERTOON

9 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Stop. Creating. Threads.

This. The last 2 have been shot down within about a dozen posts. Pointless 

46 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think perhaps we were overly confident of the Guehi deal going through, and the majority of the money was going to be spent there.

Once we got that shut down earlier on, it seems we finally woke up and realised we were sitting on a bunch of money and started exploring other avenues.

I think Parish really stitched up Mitchell something proper, which is fair enough. Hope he had fun.

We'll just have to take the L and learn from it.

This is it, I think. Taken too long to pivot from Guehi and have been left looking desperate and rudderless. 

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Seen his arse there :lol:

It was a non story to begin with - as if they would sell him on the last day - maybe 2 months ago

Sounds like we wanted him originally as the PSR swap for Anderson, they declined. We agreed to the keeper out of desperation to avoid the points deduction or selling Bruno/Isak/Gordon.

Once that hurdle cleared the goal was the long term CB thinking we'd get Guehi. When that didn't happen we made an enquiry where we'd get him if the price was right, but not that arsed if they said no or over priced him. 

Still young but end product severely lacking and seems geared towards counter attacking.

This approach shows the real shortage of quality right sided forwards available in this window, happy to keep our powder dry and aim higher on this occasion.

Lock this thread. Lock the Guehi thread. Lock the Simakan thread. Lock the Tapsoba thread and let's all get on with our miserable little lives. 

• 2 weeks later...