Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-2 Newcastle United (15/09/24) | Reaction: pg 51

Yorkie

Just now, Cf said:

It's hardly been a vintage performance but I don't think we've been that bad. 

The mass subs at half time was essentially an admission the selection wasn't right but credit to Howe for making the changes. 

If we want to finish top 4 then away to Wolves is probably a game we should win but as cliche as it is there'll be few easy premier league away games. 

Honestly, I thought it was pretty even again with both sides having decent spells in the game. We just nicked it with extra quality up top.

Once again, we played well  for about 35 minutes in total. The first 20 and then the 15 minute period in which Tripper came on and we scored the two goals. The rest of the game we were sloppy in possession and quite passive in defence, whilst also not particularly threatening.

Fulham are arguably better than Wolves so we need to do better next week for sure.

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

Tonali looked mint when he came on. He must be baffled watching Longstaff from the bench 

I think he understand, but benching Barnes is sending out a bad signal. Got it wrong there.

5 minutes ago, Gazzaschicken said:

We are shite, just shows the quality of the league 

Harsh, imo. We have some quality, and the two goals would prove that.

Pope made some good saves too.

2 minutes ago, Ste said:

No idea why Mitchell and Eales were there, Mitchell particularly should be the invisible man. 

Much improvement needed on the pitch. Effort and application is there and we have the quality, just that quality cannot be warming a bench for 45. I don’t think it helps the team when some are in business for themselves, we need to be United on and off the pitch, sick of these sly little interviews and some snippets tacked into articles. 

Showing we are UNITED of course! :indi:

3 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Tonali looked mint when he came on. He must be baffled watching Longstaff from the bench 

Agreed.  I’m not sure if he touched the ball more than 1 or 2 times in his first 10 minutes.  Then he slowly slowly became alive. He’s the sort of player that needs 90 minutes.  

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

2 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

You get the feeling its game by game with them and their decision on how long Eddie stays. Every right to be there and glad we have an engaged director.

I don't think it's that bad mind mate 😂. They'll just be there to show support with mehrdad and Amanda not there now. 

4 minutes ago, Ste said:

No idea why Mitchell and Eales were there, Mitchell particularly should be the invisible man. 

Much improvement needed on the pitch. Effort and application is there and we have the quality, just that quality cannot be warming a bench for 45. I don’t think it helps the team when some are in business for themselves, we need to be United on and off the pitch, sick of these sly little interviews and some snippets tacked into articles. 

You’re got no idea why they were there? Seriously? 

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

Showing we are UNITED of course! :indi:

Mitchell had a fantastic opportunity to do that in his interview in fairness. 

I get the DOF should be there. Just not when he’s strived to be the headline news with his words. 

Anyways, glad to have won.