Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-2 Newcastle United (15/09/24) | Reaction: pg 51

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

Bugger that! We're officially in the title race... 😅

:lol:

That was a weird game, always felt like we should have been in control, but we just quite weren't. Points are everything at the moment, and we really need to pick up all of them against lesser opposition. We are finding a way.

Just now, TRon said:

:lol:

That was a weird game, always felt like we should have been in control, but we just quite weren't. Points are everything at the moment, and we really need to pick up all of them against lesser opposition. We are finding a way.

Which we didn’t last season. Good to see, even if not pretty to watch. We will click at some point.

We were clearly the better team before they scored, but then yet again our fragile confidence and inconsistent ability got exposed. Luckily they didn’t score a second and then we really improved at the end. 

Not a great performance overall, but game could’ve gone either way. 

We're definitely due for a 30-shot game where we lose 0-1 on a horrible penalty decision. 

I would say we can't keep this up but maybe we can. Surely we'll find the right mix and push on. Hard to believe we've played well for maybe 1/4 of the match time, if that, and we've got 10 points from 12 and are sitting third. 

Winning is a skill. Good teams find ways to win and bad teams find ways to lose. 

Edited by Memphis

1 hour ago, Rafalove said:

Harsh, imo. We have some quality, and the two goals would prove that.

Pope made some good saves too.

We are on borrowed time if we play like that every week. We do have quality to pull us out of the crud but we have played 4 games so far this season and not looked good in any of them.

1 minute ago, Gazzaschicken said:

We are on borrowed time if we play like that every week. We do have quality to pull us out of the crud but we have played 4 games so far this season and not looked good in any of them.

I think we'll look better once we don't have substandard players starting in too many positions.

Just now, TRon said:

I think we'll look better once we don't have substandard players starting in too many positions.

Didn't need to do that today and if we do play the "purples' are they suited to how we set up ?

1 minute ago, madras said:

Didn't need to do that today and if we do play the "purples' are they suited to how we set up ?

I think even if Tonali isn't suited to how we set up getting him in ahead of Longstaff will improve the football. Ditto Barnes with Murphy.

I’d actually like to see us give Kelly a start at CB with Schar and see how Hall does with a quicker CB than Burn next to him. Not going to happen I know, but think it would help Hall a lot 

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

I think even if Tonali isn't suited to how we set up getting him in ahead of Longstaff will improve the football. Ditto Barnes with Murphy.

Yeah but it's still a bit of a waste compared to what could be

2 minutes ago, madras said:

Yeah but it's still a bit of a waste compared to what could be

Right. So you think we could set up different and make more use of our purples. Might have a point tbh, not really given it much thought just yet, I've been more concerned about just getting them on the pitch.

9 minutes ago, PRL said:

I’d actually like to see us give Kelly a start at CB with Schar and see how Hall does with a quicker CB than Burn next to him. Not going to happen I know, but think it would help Hall a lot 

Tend to agree, thought Burn had a really poor game today.

That said, generally when the team is not keeping the ball and defending well, the CBs tend to get exposed. And not very man look good in those circumstances. 

50 minutes ago, Sifu said:

Ah, well people there don't exactly like Newcastle fans...

Twats celebrated the Wolves goal. My best mate picked it because it’s close to where he lives, never again.

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

Right. So you think we could set up different and make more use of our purples. Might have a point tbh, not really given it much thought just yet, I've been more concerned about just getting them on the pitch.

I've blathered on loads about Tonali being a Longstaff upgrade is a waste of him. Yehh we'd be a bit better but not what could be.