Manchester City - 115 Charges Case for Alleged Financial Breaches Begins

BUJ

3 hours ago, LFEE said:

You can just see it… Punishment without punishment. Not that I’m too fussed either way. Wouldn’t want them losing their titles to Liverpool and think half these financial rules are a load of tripe.

I’ve looked the article up and it is points deduction over multiple seasons going forward, it also says another proposal would be to expel them from the Premier League.

Just now, TRC said:

This is going to go on for months isn't it?

10 weeks. Plus then need to leave time for appeal before end of the season. Messier than a messy person in Messytown.

With Man U and Chelsea already into creative accounting to get past PSR, I cannot see a severe punishment. They will keep their titles.

They will likely keep all their UEFA points too, meaning they automatically get more revenue from the CL than Villa or us if we qualify again.

2 hours ago, morpeth mag said:

All competitions they have won in the period annulled 

All prize money returned

Drop three divisions

Begin each match 3-0 down while any member of Oasis is still alive

Liam would never ‘fall on his sword’ for them, so they’d be well fooked! 

1 hour ago, TRC said:

They wont get a league cup, its much better for us if City are ruined if we want to win something.

It's better for Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool. It won't be better for us because the PL as an institution has brought in laws which stop new owners from investing as much as the currently established old guard. The same laws which they'll use to hammer City, you can bet they would use to hammer us if we tried to spend at the same level as the cartel clubs.

7 hours ago, Sibierski said:

40+ points, hefty fine (going £50m+) and transfer ban for at least 3 windows, starting from summer 2025. 

Effectively takes away the title this season (title winners could only need 80 points :D ), and hampers them for next two summers to evolve the side to replace Walker / KDB etc, especially post Pep. 

I REALLY hope they do get hit hard - and I mean really hard.

Now I can't remember the circumstances, but Rangers got relegated to some far off distant league some years ago for 'issues' - so hopefully, fingers crossed, they get the same kind of punishment.

They are already guilty, in my eye, for not releasing the information that the league was asking for - so how they try to get out of those charges will remain to be seen, but you can imagine - 

PL - Can we have these documents please - they refer to some 'off the books' payments ?

MC - Er no, we can't let you see them.

PL - OK, we'll mark that down as you do have them and are not being helpful.

Guilty count 1, now times by 35.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

It's better for Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool. It won't be better for us because the PL as an institution has brought in laws which stop new owners from investing as much as the currently established old guard. The same laws which they'll use to hammer City, you can bet they would use to hammer us if we tried to spend at the same level as the cartel clubs.

They are getting done for fraud essentially. We havent done that, and if we have we should be punished.

Its one CL lock removed if punished, its excellent for us.

2 minutes ago, TRC said:

They are getting done for fraud essentially. We havent done that, and if we have we should be punished.

Its one CL lock removed if punished, its excellent for us.

Let's see if it gets called as fraud eventually, or creative accounting as some clubs practice by selling hotels to themselves.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Let's see if it gets called as fraud eventually, or creative accounting as some clubs practice by selling hotels to themselves.

Chelsea have been upfront about what they have done, wrong or not. Man City are accused of falsifying documents its very different.

3 minutes ago, TRC said:

Chelsea have been upfront about what they have done, wrong or not. Man City are accused of falsifying documents its very different.

They are both taking the piss, just comes down to PL judgement at the end of the day. Since I don't believe PL officials are impartial due to their own interests, I would rather see them get burned personally.

7 minutes ago, TRC said:

One exploited loopholes, one appears to have just lied. Big difference.

What a fucking mess, the league is eating itself alive, Masters lack of leadership seems to have caused this I think he has to go but then again if the Sky 6 clubs are the only ones picking his successor then what's the point.

8 minutes ago, Ben said:

What a fucking mess, the league is eating itself alive, Masters lack of leadership seems to have caused this I think he has to go but then again if the Sky 6 clubs are the only ones picking his successor then what's the point.

You’ve answered your own question. Masters is just a patsy in reality. Levy & Co are the leaders of the EPL.

Masters is in a bit of a mess but he is only in a mess due to the so called top 6 insisting nobody else can break their cartel and league positions, so he and prem league have do "rule" gymnastics to keep things "as is" for the cartel. 

Anyone looking in can see its  farce. 

I really think that as long as a team finishes within 10 points from Man City this season - as they will be winning it again - they will get the title from the points deduction. I’m sure Man City would take that alongside a heavy fine and transfer ban

If they are found guilty of breaking financial rules over several seasons - intentionally.  It’s automatic relegation next season and some.  

I don’t think they will on appeal though. A lack of evidence is not evidence of absence and all that. That won’t survive the highest courts this will be taken too. 

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

If they are found guilty of breaking financial rules over several seasons - intentionally.  It’s automatic relegation next season and some.  

I don’t think they will on appeal though. A lack of evidence is not evidence of absence and all that. That won’t survive the highest courts this will be taken too. 

Is that 100%?

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Tell me you know nothing about burden of proof, without telling me you know nothing about burden of proof 🤦🏻‍♂️

Do you think the higher courts in the land require less stringent evidence?