Birmingham City 2-2 Newcastle FAC 3rd Round Post Match Thread

Yorkie

Not seen or heard any of the game, but I think we did well to not lose this game. I felt it was an awful draw to get Birmingham away. Sounds like we should have won which is a bugger, and we defo don't need the extra game, but in terms of seeing the fixture - bearing in mind they are top of the Championship - I think a draw is pretty decent.

Before the game, yes. But with 5 mins left, with the opposition down to 10 men we should have seen it out, also missed a few decent chances apparently.

Fair enough, but i'd sooner we fucked up and have another shot at it than go out.

On the other hand, I'd sooner go out than get an injury or two in the replay then see a group of fatigued players lose to West Ham and haul us back into a relegation scrap.

It's the typical Newcastle scenario - before the game I think a fair few people would have taken a draw given the side we put out and their current form, yet again we do all the hard work and turn all that surprise optimism into a negative - and now we have to play another match, all very well saying Parker and Emre will be back but we're bound to lose a few more before then.

Not seen or heard any of the game, but I think we did well to not lose this game. I felt it was an awful draw to get Birmingham away. Sounds like we should have won which is a bugger, and we defo don't need the extra game, but in terms of seeing the fixture - bearing in mind they are top of the Championship - I think a draw is pretty decent.

Before the game, yes. But with 5 mins left, with the opposition down to 10 men we should have seen it out, also missed a few decent chances apparently.

Fair enough, but i'd sooner we fucked up and have another shot at it than go out.

On the other hand, I'd sooner go out than get an injury or two in the replay then see a group of fatigued players lose to West Ham and haul us back into a relegation scrap.

Touché. That's why Sheff Utd and Charlton won't give a shit about going out today, despite the media crying out 'UPSET!!!11!1!1'.

Sorry, I thought we did lose today, reading this thread.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

I think, appart from their second goal, that edgar did well. He looks very comfortable and calm when having the ball.

Just got in from the game.

This game was here for the taking but be took our foot off the gas instead of going for the kill, Birmingham were shite and none of there players stood out yet as per usual we threw a good chance away and now face a replay.

Milner, Martins and Solano were our stand out players, Dyer had a good second half, Butt put in a solid display as did Taylor apart from a few dodgy moments, everyone else was poor with Pattison being the worst player on the pitch by a mile.

Guest Amanda

It was always going to be a difficult game, with 10 men we should have wrapped it up.    No reason why we cannot win the replay, but we really did not need an extra game. 

I think, appart from their second goal, that edgar did well. He looks very comfortable and calm when having the ball.

The left side of our team looked awful which is to be expected when you play right footed CB and CM out there.

First half we were rubbish.  Second half we realy took it to them and you knew we'd go ahead.  When we did, it seemed only a matter of time 'til we added to our lead and looked like we couldve given them a good stuffing.  Martins had a good opportunity where he should have squared to dyer.

They applied no pressure and then their goal came out of nowhere.

I think  the second half is best compared to the manu game, in reverse.  Looked like the game was dead.

And btw - i think birmingham have the most charv fans.  God, the corner to the right of us, was an embaressment to the human race.

http://xo.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/chav.jpg

^ a template for them.

And btw - i think birmingham have the most charv fans.  God, the corner to the right of us, was an embaressment to the human race.

Why were they making a fuss every time they had a corner in front of them?

The corner they scored from, newcastle fans were complaining that it wasnt in the arc (it was actually).  The ref made him move it, then they scored.  So after that, they did it for every corner to take the mick.

It got old fast, and they stopped at 2-1down.

Guest *newcastle 4 life*

The corner they scored from, newcastle fans were complaining that it wasnt in the arc (it was actually).  The ref made him move it, then they scored.  So after that, they did it for every corner to take the mick.

It got old fast, and they stopped at 2-1down.

it wasn't in the arc. i had a perfect view.

Guest *newcastle 4 life*

when you're quoting, how do u highlight the part u are making a point to and make it darker?

when you're quoting, how do u highlight the part u are making a point to and make it darker?

quote,then right click over the section in question so it highlights,then lsft click on the bold tab............unless it's one of my posts,in which case you can sod off.

Guest *newcastle 4 life*

quote,then right click over the section in question so it highlights,then lsft click on the bold tab............unless it's one of my posts,in which case you can sod off.

ok, thanks  :lol:

Just got back, agree with the comments re Pattison - he was very poor today, the simplest of passes were going astray, including one which went out of play with no-one near him. Dyer looked fucked for most of the second half, I thought he was injured at first, he was hardly running at all, apart from for his goal, he should have shot when he had the chance near the end aswell, after Brum's equaliser.

Just seen the attendance aswell, 16,444, meaning a quarter of the crowd was taken up by us, canny bad for a an FA Cup 3rd rounf tie against a Premiership side.

Heard people mentioning to avoid pubs near the ground as they are rough as fuck, we went to The Cricketer's Arms (as did a lot of toon fans) which was a 5-minute walk from the ground, wasn't hostile or owt at all, was a shit pub though. Just after we got there some old bag lady tried to get in and was forcefully ejected, before wandering about outside the pub, on our way to the ground we then saw her pissing against a wall next to Morrisons' entrance, was bizarre.

Guest sunderlandsuck

should have taken more of our advantage at 2-1, instead we let them back in. anyway i just got home from it. soo im knackered after all the congering on the bus with gary glitter ;)

Guest BooBoo

Maybe an unpopular opinion but the draw was the worst possible result today. Yet another game that the squad cant cope with and the fans who go to all home games, such as myself, forking out for another £20 ticket. We have next to zero chance of winning the FA Cup so in the circs i wouldnt have been to concerned with going out today or in the replay.

Guest newcastle4life

just got back from the game.coach 3 was very slow.thought the toon were crap 1st half then looked lively the 2nd and thought they would pull something off it.we pressed them a good bit the 2nd and should have wrapped it up.but we didnt.thought defense was quiet awful today aswell.credit to the brummie fans who were crap.hahaha.toon travelling support was great just shame they didnt pull a result off.felt sorry for the lad on bus 3 that got nicked before the game not sure why but  missed the game and also the bus home.

Maybe an unpopular opinion but the draw was the worst possible result today. Yet another game that the squad cant cope with and the fans who go to all home games, such as myself, forking out for another £20 ticket. We have next to zero chance of winning the FA Cup so in the circs i wouldnt have been to concerned with going out today or in the replay.

My opinion exactly. I was delighted with the away draw when it came up, and my first thought when they scored was "fuck, more money down the drain". In all honesty, I'm fucking sick of going to home games. I enjoy the league games, cos there's no money coming out there and then, but the rest, Jesus.

Maybe an unpopular opinion but the draw was the worst possible result today. Yet another game that the squad cant cope with

When you consider that we're gonna do nowt in this competition anyway, i agree with you to an extent.

just got back from the game.coach 3 was very slow.thought the toon were crap 1st half then looked lively the 2nd and thought they would pull something off it.we pressed them a good bit the 2nd and should have wrapped it up.but we didnt.thought defense was quiet awful today aswell.credit to the brummie fans who were crap.hahaha.toon travelling support was great just shame they didnt pull a result off.felt sorry for the lad on bus 3 that got nicked before the game not sure why but  missed the game and also the bus home.

Apparently police wouldn't release him because he was a minor, they got in touch with his parents but they refused to come and pick him up, so he would have to get a lift back of the Police, with his parents footing the bill.

Where were you sitting on the coach? I was near the front mesel, did seem like we were behind everyone else like.