Birmingham City 2-2 Newcastle FAC 3rd Round Post Match Thread

Yorkie

Guest BooBoo

Another game we didnt need.

If we beat Birmingham and get drawn at home in Round 4, that'll mean 4 home games in a fortnight.

:wullie:

Wouldn't of happened if we had made a proper plan and signed some defenders ;)

Seriously though, we now need bodies even more quickly, we've now another game to play, just exactly what we didn't need.

Very Souness-like performance, utterly unprofessional against a 10-man Championship side for over 50 minutes of the game. Replay was the last thing we needed here with all the injuries and the UEFA Cup starting up again next month. Serves the players right, I suppose, foot was well-and-truly taken off the gas at 2-1 (as we always do in games like these.) Fair play to Brum for being brave enough to get the equaliser.

Guest s0ftcore

Unlucky.

Should have taken our chances.

However saying that we should win the replay.

We weren't unlucky. They wanted it more. We got complacent. Martins too cocky by trying to be too clever, and Roeder keeping on Pattison and putting on O'brien. Must say he got the tactics right by playing 2 speedy guys up front but when things were looking stale and players losing focus, he shoulda made a change but he didn't.

If this was a league game I'd be fuming  blueupset.gif

I'd have settled for a replay before the start of the game, but it's disappointing that we couldn't hand on in the end. Inexperience was perhaps our downfall here - we cannot rely on the youngsters indefinitely. New faces are needed and pronto.

can we all please shut up about luque, accept he is not playin for us, his attitude is shit, id rather see a younsgter that may have a future play than someone that is most definitly off!

Not when the youngsters seem to be completley useless and are having bad games like this. Luque is at least a proven footballer.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Pattison was horrible in the last 20 mins

He was awful the whole game if you ask me...but else we played OK...difficult settings....

Guest STaylor87

I watched the game on the Internet, and I'm fustrated as fuck after that!

Given (6)

Edgar (6)

Huntington (6)

Taylor (8)

Solano (8)

Milner (8)

Butt (6)

Pattison (0) - Dosen't deserve a place in the Tamworth team, let alone the Newcastle team! :|

O'Brein (4) - Pacey, but his crosses were awful.

Dyer (8)

Martins (7)

Sibierski (5)

Unlucky.

Should have taken our chances.

However saying that we should win the replay.

We weren't unlucky. They wanted it more. We got complacent. Martins too cocky by trying to be too clever, and Roeder keeping on Pattison and putting on O'brien. Must say he got the tactics right by playing 2 speedy guys up front but when things were looking stale and players losing focus, he shoulda made a change but he didn't.

If this was a league game I'd be fuming  blueupset.gif

Sbierski had an injury.

We had 2 wingers Luque and O'Brien, a striker in Carroll and a 15-year old on the bench. Can't blame Roeder's subs.