Birmingham City 2-2 Newcastle FAC 3rd Round Post Match Thread

Yorkie

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Taylor, Milner, Solano, Martins and Dyer played well....

For their second goal, our two new young players fucked it up in the left side of the defence....thats what would happen because of their age and experience....get the finger out and buy a couple of defenders Roeder ;)

FFS people need to sit down a chill out a bit...

It's the cup, Birmingham were always going to throw everything at us, we've got them at home now.

We weren't as bad as people are making out, yes we should have played better and put the game to bed, but we didn't...

In case you missed it, Brum had 10-men for 50 minutes and are in the division below us... they also lost 2 players to injury during the game.

I'm not excusing that, but people who sit here and make their knee jerk reactions (a lot of whoem probably didn't watch the game) need to calm down a bit, FFS you think we'd been knocked out...

I saw the game and I agree there were a lot of good moments on a bad pitch, but it's just an infuriatingly typical scoreline against an utterly average club. It gets irritating when the same thing happens season after season.

Guest ckmuzza

Martins and Dyer were absolutely paggered by the 75 minute mark, I was desperately hoping he'd give at least one of them a break because it cannot have been easy-going on them on a pitch like St. Andrews. His lack of bottle in regards to substitutes is my main gripe with Glenn, although I still think we've done remarkably well lately. Managers need to gamble sometimes, though, especially when arguably our two most important players look wrecked and are at a high risk to injury during a game.

I can't see how Carroll could have offered anything less than either of them in the last 15 minutes, I know they were given chances but they did a magic job of fucking them up.

Agree 100%. One of those two needed to be substituted as both Dyer and Martins just seemed to be going through the motions at that point.

Caroll or Luque would have provided some fresh legs and either would of had a point to prove

being in the championship doesn't mean much, as they are only 7 places behind us in the football league. and having 10 men, as been proved many many many many times before, can spur a team on to a good preformance.

That's like saying there's not much between Man U & Reading as there are only 7-8 places difference in the league.

Guest JamesD

the gulf between the top teams in the premiership is much greater between the lower premiership and top championship teams.

Replay is a week on Wednesday apparently - Jan 17th.

Are you sure?

We are playing Tottenham on 14th and West Ham on the 20th

If we play Birmingam on the 17th thats 3 games in 6 days :confused: :confused:

lol

Are you sure?

lol

First off, it's 3 games in 7 days.

But what's so odd about that? Happens all the time. Matches at the weekend and one in midweek.

Are you sure?

lol

But what's so odd about that? Happens all the time. Matches at the weekend and one in midweek.

There is nothing odd but with our thin squad and no indication of transfers its worrying :confused:

Are you sure?

lol

There is nothing odd but with our thin squad and no indication of transfers its worrying :confused:

Which is exactly why we couldn't afford to take this game to a replay.

This isn't a knee-jerk reaction, Roeder is a nicer version of Souness and makes all of the same mistakes except for two, he doesn't publicly fall out with players and so far hasn't wasted the clubs money.

Really that's still not an excuse if we don't take all three points off West Ham...

West Ham could have half a new squad by then, man. There's no excuse for not beating a shower like Birmingham either but here we are.

By the way our midfield got totally dominated today by a Championship side (when they had eleven men), whose fault was that?

I've been led to believe that our midfield is always excellent when Scott Parker doesn't play.

Guest Bellers

By the way our midfield got totally dominated today by a Championship side (when they had eleven men), whose fault was that?

I've been led to believe that our midfield is always excellent when Scott Parker doesn't play.

I think people were making the point our best midfield was a combination of Butt and Emre rather than either of the two being paired with Parker...

We were dominated because Butt is average going forward and Pattison is no better than a Champioship player himself...

We should have slaughtered them in the second half and now we are paying the price for it!. I have to say Roland's tactics have let us down again far as I'm concerned Patterson should have never been in the team he was way out of his league today, O'Brien is fast,  but can't cross a ball! should have had Luque playing there on the left would have given us some depth on the left. All in all a shit day really.

I think people were making the point our best midfield was a combination of Butt and Emre rather than either of the two being paired with Parker...

We were dominated because Butt is average going forward and Pattison is no better than a Champioship player himself...

Pattison was on the left first half, he can't hold responsibility for the domination of central midfield.

I think people have a good point when they talk about a stronger midfield with Emre and Butt, but it's got to a stage now where when we lose with Parker, we get a thread about how shit he is and how much worse we are with him, when we win without him, we get exactly the same and when we do well with him, he gets blamed for a goal or anything that'll make him look bad (last week against Man Utd being a perfect example).

Our problems go a lot deeper than Scott Parker, but some people would have you believe otherwise.