Birmingham City 2-2 Newcastle FAC 3rd Round Post Match Thread

Yorkie

Guest BooBoo

Maybe an unpopular opinion but the draw was the worst possible result today. Yet another game that the squad cant cope with and the fans who go to all home games, such as myself, forking out for another £20 ticket. We have next to zero chance of winning the FA Cup so in the circs i wouldnt have been to concerned with going out today or in the replay.

My opinion exactly. I was delighted with the away draw when it came up, and my first thought when they scored was "F***, more money down the drain". In all honesty, I'm f***ing sick of going to home games. I enjoy the league games, cos there's no money coming out there and then, but the rest, Jesus.

blueyes.gif

If we beat Birmingham in the replay and get a home tie in Round 4 then i think that'll be 4 home games in a fortnight. Would be nice if Fat Boy slashed prices for the replay but i cant see it. As such i think there'll be about 30,000 for Birmingham. Coming so soon after Xmas, many people just cant afford it. I like going to St James but 4 in 14 days is too much.

And btw - i think birmingham have the most charv fans. God, the corner to the right of us, was an embaressment to the human race.

Why were they making a fuss every time they had a corner in front of them?

The corner they scored from, newcastle fans were complaining that it wasnt in the arc (it was actually). The ref made him move it, then they scored. So after that, they did it for every corner to take the mick.

It got old fast, and they stopped at 2-1down.

it wasn't in the arc. i had a perfect view.

So did i.  People seem to misunderstand the ball being over the line rule.  The whole ball must be over.  If you look at it from a birds eye view, not a mm must be over it.  It was.

People always complain, and linesmen always give it, but in actuallity, it was well within the arc.

Just got back myself, what the fuck are you all on about?

2nd half was the most dominant half of football i've seen in years, we absolutely battered them. It took them about 10 minutes to even touch the ball. Dyer and Martins tortured Upson, O'Brien murdered the right back (even though his final ball was poor), Milner was excellent, Butt was absolutely superb. Pattison was pretty poor, as was Huntington, but overall i'd say it was a pretty good performance.

What the fuck are all these 'utterly shambolic', 'Souness-eque' comments about? If we'd scored one of the many chances we had in the 2nd half, no one would have said a word. True, we conceded a shit equaliser, so all the teletext fans will say 'oh look we were shite', but if you actually watched them you'd see how dominant it was.

2nd half was the most dominant half of football i've seen in years, we absolutely battered them. It took them about 10 minutes to even touch the ball. Dyer and Martins tortured Upson, O'Brien murdered the right back (even though his final ball was poor), Milner was excellent, Butt was absolutely superb. Pattison was pretty poor, as was Huntington, but overall i'd say it was a pretty good performance.

What the fuck are all these 'utterly shambolic', 'Souness-eque' comments about? If we'd scored one of the many chances we had in the 2nd half, no one would have said a word. True, we conceded a shit equaliser, so all the teletext fans will say 'oh look we were shite', but if you actually watched them you'd see how dominant it was.

We have a replay, so all that counts for absolutely nothing. They had ten men for the second half and they're from a lower division, we should be dominating them. The first half was the opposite, but for Taylor somehow clearing off the line, we could have gone in dead and buried.

I'd be livid if we threw the lead away against 10 man Chelsea or 10 man Man Utd with 5 minutes to go, never mind sodding Birmingham.

And btw - i think birmingham have the most charv fans.  God, the corner to the right of us, was an embaressment to the human race.

http://xo.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/chav.jpg

^ a template for them.

:lol: I know what a bunch of tossers!

The bloke on the front row of the tier above us kept leaning over towards us and screaming abuse. If you even turned round he'd try and spit on you and call you every name under the sun. Lovely man.

We have a replay, so all that counts for absolutely nothing. They had ten men for the second half and they're from a lower division, we should be dominating them. The first half was the opposite, but for Taylor somehow clearing off the line, we could have gone in dead and buried.

I'd be livid if we threw the lead away against 10 man Chelsea or 10 man Man Utd with 5 minutes to go, never mind sodding Birmingham.

Oh aye i'm not happy we threw away the lead, but its the way people are going on about it being a disgusting performance, which it quite simply wasn't.

Just got back.  Relatively pleased with the result in the end.  Expected some bother off the brum fans, but to be honest there weren't any outside the ground and about 4 in it.  Had some grief off leeds fans at the station tho.

Guest Ridzuan

When Birmingham was reduced to 10 men,I would have thought we could have won the game.Their first goal was a sloppy goal to give away.Dyer and Taylor did well to put us in the lead then and Martins once again causing all kinds of troubles for the opposition in particularly the defenders but at some point,he was greedy.O'Brien was good in going forward but his final ball was poor,he needs to work on that.I dont know why,but the midfield area always looks like Birmingham had more space than us despite us having an extra one player.We got a lot of chance to make the scoreline 3-1 but we didnt took it and in the end,we paid the price for it.Nevertheless,Im still confident we can see them off and make it to the 4th round.The only disadvantage of it is that we have to play an extra game with our depleted squad.

Maybe an unpopular opinion but the draw was the worst possible result today. Yet another game that the squad cant cope with and the fans who go to all home games, such as myself, forking out for another £20 ticket. We have next to zero chance of winning the FA Cup so in the circs i wouldnt have been to concerned with going out today or in the replay.

My opinion exactly. I was delighted with the away draw when it came up, and my first thought when they scored was "fuck, more money down the drain". In all honesty, I'm fucking sick of going to home games. I enjoy the league games, cos there's no money coming out there and then, but the rest, Jesus.

You got a job yet? ;)

My opinion exactly. I was delighted with the away draw when it came up, and my first thought when they scored was "fuck, more money down the drain". In all honesty, I'm fucking sick of going to home games. I enjoy the league games, cos there's no money coming out there and then, but the rest, Jesus.

You got a job yet? ;)

Yes thanks. tongue.gif

You got a job yet? ;)

Yes thanks. tongue.gif

You got a career yet? ;)

You got a job yet? ;)

Yes thanks. tongue.gif

You got a career yet? ;)

Quite categorically not. Damned if I'm staying in that shithole!

bluebigrazz.gif

What the ferk has that....

Christ, it's past four.... ohhhhhhhh............................................................

Go on Glenn, would you like to take a soda with that lemon........................ cos a broon'll take us doon.

Howay yabollocks. :thup: :thup: :thup:

Happy new year! bluebiggrin.gif

Result sums up what we are all about at the moment  -

A team not good enough to finish off so called 'inferior teams'.

Fact of the matter is we are a poor team who do not have the ability and composure to beat teams, we are better when playing 'good teams' who attack us and then we play on the counter.

You only have to look at us 90% of the time when we are in possession of the ball, its like a hot tattie that nobody wants!

I can name possible 3 players in our team who actually look comfortable and composed on the ball. :roll:

Guest andynufc84

My opinion of the game, sh*t

Second half we done a bit of pressing but then allowed them back into into it after we took the lead. First half not even worth mentioning.

Dyer looked f**ked in my opinion second half, martins clueless, Butt was my man of the match, Milner, solano and taylor did ok as well.

NUFC are a mediocre team lets face it, and we could and probably should of went out of the cup.

Fans were magnificent, and it boils my piss that only steven taylor acknowledged us properly at the end, we made up 25% of the crowd for f*cks sake!

The rest of them trudged off with a little clap for us and a little glance - some of them couldn't even look at the hoards of geordies behind the goal - probably out of embarrasment

My opinion of the game, sh*t

Second half we done a bit of pressing but then allowed them back into into it after we took the lead. First half not even worth mentioning.

Dyer looked f**ked in my opinion second half, martins clueless, Butt was my man of the match, Milner, solano and taylor did ok as well.

NUFC are a mediocre team lets face it, and we could and probably should of went out of the cup.

Fans were magnificent, and it boils my piss that only steven taylor acknowledged us properly at the end, we made up 25% of the crowd for f*cks sake!

The rest of them trudged off with a little clap for us and a little glance - some of them couldn't even look at the hoards of geordies behind the goal - probably out of embarrasment

blueyes.gif totally agree

Guest andynufc84

Aye exactly they managed to raise their hands to waist height fantastic eh?

Sometimes I feel they don't deserve us

Guest woffy_27

just got back from the game.coach 3 was very slow.thought the toon were crap 1st half then looked lively the 2nd and thought they would pull something off it.we pressed them a good bit the 2nd and should have wrapped it up.but we didnt.thought defense was quiet awful today aswell.credit to the brummie fans who were crap.hahaha.toon travelling support was great just shame they didnt pull a result off.felt sorry for the lad on bus 3 that got nicked before the game not sure why but  missed the game and also the bus home.

Aye coach 3 was the last one 2 get there i think, the driver took the long way to birmingham to use up a bit of his time.  The whole place is a total shithole went to that St. Andrews Taven or whatever it was called, notice outside saying home fans only, then went to that cricketers pub, probably the worst pub ive ever been to and ive been in some hovvels in my time, there was only one bloke behind the bar so just crossed the road to morrisons to buy some cans as the brummie lot did next to us and brought them back into the bar!