Glenn Hopeful on Defender Decision

Skirge

Loan deals are usualy more to do with young up and coming players that cannot break intot eh firstt eam  at their own club so they are loaned out to get soem football under their belts.

But this player is an internatiional player, mind does not say full international, he could be an U21 player.

Yeah, unless it's a loan with a view to permanent.

Guest andynufc84

van Buyten!?!?!?!?! ;D Would bloody love to see him, Davies and Baines come here either now or in the Summer!!!!!

Baines will be a man u player. you heard it hear first

van Buyten

Would be a monster here, but i think theres more chance of getting Andrade, and my feeling is neither will wearing a black and white shirt come February.

Bring on the Baines, im suprised there has been very little mention of him this window. Wigan wont sell before the summer IMO, to be honest I havent seen much of him during the past couple of months. Does anyone know how he has been playing in Wigans dramatic slide?

"Newcastle are hoping to tie up a deal for an international defender in the next couple of days.

The Magpies have yet to delve into the transfer market this month despite their sizeable injury list.

However, manager Glenn Roeder has confirmed that he is close to striking a deal for the mystery player in the coming days.

"We are talking to the player's club and we are hoping they will release him to come across here and we will find out in the next 48 hours," said Roeder.

"We know all about him and his playing record, but we still want a look at him with the view to a loan deal until the end of the season."

Reports from the North East suggest the player is an international defender."

Never heard of that Marco Andreonni guy and i don't think he would have played for Inter yet. It might be Ayala. Walter Samuel?

Guest Darth Toon

"come across here" could of course mean across the Pennines, so it could be someone like Silvestre or Brown from the Mancs.

It could also just be Roeder talking shite as well.

Guest Kenton Magpie

I reckon it's Woodgate, no doubt Real will have a clause in his current loan deal with boro that says they can recall him

I reckon it's Woodgate, no doubt Real will have a clause in his current loan deal with boro that says they can recall him

Why would they recall him to loan him to us? Woodgate chose them anyway!

I'll still never know why people bang on about Woody, HE NEVER PLAYS!!!! He's been injured his whole career, there'd be no point in getting him. Theres thousands of defenders in the world, why would we want a crock to return to us? jeez.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I can't tell you who, but Andy O'Brien spoke to me the other day after training, he has been in touch with Roeder and apparantly it is Boumsong on loan, if that falls through we may see (this is only 50% accurate) the triumphant return of Andy O'Brien to St.Jame's park.