Babel in part exchange with Luque

Unbelievable

I think the Piquionne deal is a smokescreen myself.

Newcastle want the media to be spying French airports so that no-one notices Babel and Emmanuelson and Huntelaar meeting up with Fat Fred at Liverpool St. Station.

They would need a bloody big smokescreen to hide that  :)

Guest johnson293

Sorry to pour cold water on this tenuous rumour, but I have it on very good authority (i.e. someone who has been to the Ajax training ground this morning) that Ryan Babel is currently training with his Ajax teamates in Amsterdam.

Teleportation?  Heard of it???

Could it be a body double, to hide the fact that he is really in Newcastle, but to make the worlds media think he is still in Amsterdam??!!! :smiley6600:

Sorry, watched 'The prestige' at the weekend. :-[

MJ :coolsmiley:

Sorry to pour cold water on this tenuous rumour, but I have it on very good authority (i.e. someone who has been to the Ajax training ground this morning) that Ryan Babel is currently training with his Ajax teamates in Amsterdam.

Could it be a body double, to hide the fact that he is really in Newcastle, but to make the worlds media think he is still in Amsterdam??!!! :smiley6600:

:lol: awesome movie that :D

Guest Gemmill

If he's got Scarlett Johansson's body.........erm.......well it would be weird, but I'd probably still stare at his chebs.  ^-^

Guest Verlaine

Babel is in Newcastle according to someone on Toontastic

"606 Gossip" also say this.

Could it be that the person from TT read 606 Gossip? DUN DUN DUUUUN.  ;)

It's not like we're paying mega-money for him, either, so I really don't understand your objection. He can't be purely "shite" every time he plays football otherwise we wouldn't be in for him, he wouldn't play for Ajax and he certainly wouldn't have been capped by the Netherlands.

You could say the same for Babayaro. The fact that he was picked for the national team after no more than 135 minutes of first team action could suggest he is an awesome player or it could suggest the Dutch manager doesn't know what he's doing. I've seen enough of him as a player and MvB as a manager to know where my money is.. It's a bit like Eriksson and Walcott: his selection for the World Cup wasn't exactly based on his on the pitch performances was it? Oh, and don't start saying Walcott has potential so Babel must have too..

Again, I don't think Babayaro is utter shite on the pitch. I'd just be happy if we was on the pitch for often and showed more stomach for the fight than he usually does. It sounds to me like there's more to this Babel stuff with you than just the fact you don't rate him as a player. You think he's useless, but proven top-class managers and scouts seem to think otherwise. I know who my money would be with.

He's played for Holland, hasn't he? And scored a few goals? Did they all go in off his arse, or something?

You personally don't want Newcastle to sign him, based on your own view of him, we get that, but to pour cold water on people who get excited about us buying a 20-year-old Dutch international is a bit cheeky. Those people get excited because Roeder and the scouts have spotted potential in him, much like they did with Martins, and have apparently made a move. Those people get excited because an international manager has praised him and because the likes of Arsene Wenger have been credited with a solid interest in him. I think all of this holds more weight than your personal view of him, playing for a rival club as he does.

Not to mention, again, that the kid already plays international football and comes from a big club, Ajax. Aye, he must be fucking gash.

Newcastle want the media to be spying French airports so that no-one notices Babel and Emmanuelson and Huntelaar meeting up with Fat Fred at Liverpool St. Station.

Unusual place for a meeting :idiot2:

Guest Brazilianbob

Yes, but it obviously doesn't work because Babel is still in Amsterdam!

Having said that it, doesn't take long to fly across the North sea in Sir John's Lear jet, so while there is still time, this air of desperation will endure.

You honestly think Babel is no better than AOB?

I didn't day that, did I? Do you believe that he is the new Henry because Marco van Basten said so?

I was asking a question not having a go at you! I don't really know how good the lad is thats why I was asking someone who might know a bit more (ie you).

OK, fair enough. I think he has decent speed and a strong shot, especially with his left foot, but he lacks ball control, creativity and lucidity in front of goal. He is a decent player, but not destined for the top as far as I can see. I think there's been a hype created around him that's attracted us and other clubs. This seems to happen all the time when a new ajax player breaks on the scene. In some cases there is genuinly something there (Van der Vaart for example), in most cases there isn't and they fade away as quickly as they came. I'm concerned at us taking a chance we can't afford based on the hype created by an incompetent national manager and rumours of an interest by Arsenal because Van Persie is one of his mates..

They're under the impression that the are going to Liverpool, and they aren't very good at geography.

Guest Gemmill

Having said that it, doesn't take long to fly across the North sea in Sir John's Lear jet, so while there is still time, this air of desperation will endure.

Holograms?  Heard of them???

Guest Verlaine

They're under the impression that the are going to Liverpool, and they aren't very good at geography.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif O0 O0 O0 O0 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest smoggeordie

We could sign a player from Australia if we wanted. All you need is a fax machine and an open medical centre within ten hours of the player's location.

Well the medical centre's no problem, but a fax machine? I haven't seen one for years  ;D

Local Post Office will have one, Glenn could stroll down to one in town after the match  ;)

We could sign a player from Australia if we wanted. All you need is a fax machine and an open medical centre within ten hours of the player's location.

Well the medical centre's no problem, but a fax machine? I haven't seen one for years  ;D

Local Post Office will have one, Glenn could stroll down to one in town after the match  ;)

Aye, if Freddy will release the 10p fee!

Guest Brazilianbob

Holograms?  Heard of them???

Yes, but how does a hologram sign on the dotted line?  A hologram has no substance and so cannot hold a pen!