Babel in part exchange with Luque

Unbelievable

Guest Brazilianbob

Ahhh but remote controlled robots can and thats who will hold the pen.

The contract will be null and void unless it is signed by Babel and witnessed in his presence.  If a remote control robot signs then it is the robot who will have the binding contract with us and we will be obliged to register the robot as a player.

You personally don't want Newcastle to sign him, based on your own view of him, we get that, but to pour cold water on people who get excited about us buying a 20-year-old Dutch international is a bit cheeky. Those people get excited because Roeder and the scouts have spotted potential in him, much like they did with Martins, and have apparently made a move. Those people get excited because an international manager has praised him and because the likes of Arsene Wenger have been credited with a solid interest in him. I think all of this holds more weight than your personal view of him, playing for a rival club as he does.

It's not just me though, it's most of the Ajax fans too.. What you fail to understand is that my view of him is based on what I've seen of him, which is much more than most of you. I am not too big to acknowledge a player of a rival club is a good player when he is, but don't expect me to get all excited at the prospect of paying over the odds for a mediocre player. Your reference to Martins is very convenient as he has been doing well at the moment, but these are the same scouts that saw potential in many of our flops in recent years.. As far as I know Wenger has never commented on him, and Van Basten is an idiot with rose tinted glasses when it comes to Ajax players. Roeder's comments I'll take for granted if you don't mind..

Guest Brazilianbob

You personally don't want Newcastle to sign him, based on your own view of him, we get that, but to pour cold water on people who get excited about us buying a 20-year-old Dutch international is a bit cheeky. Those people get excited because Roeder and the scouts have spotted potential in him, much like they did with Martins, and have apparently made a move. Those people get excited because an international manager has praised him and because the likes of Arsene Wenger have been credited with a solid interest in him. I think all of this holds more weight than your personal view of him, playing for a rival club as he does.

It's not just me though, it's most of the Ajax fans too.. What you fail to understand is that my view of him is based on what I've seen of him, which is much more than most of you. I am not too big to acknowledge a player of a rival club is a good player when he is, but don't expect me to get all excited at the prospect of paying over the odds for a mediocre player. Your reference to Martins is very convenient as he has been doing well at the moment, but these are the same scouts that saw potential in many of our flops in recent years.. As far as I know Wenger has never commented on him, and Van Basten is an idiot with rose tinted glasses when it comes to Ajax players. Roeder's comments I'll take for granted if you don't mind..

This argument is academic because we won't be signing Babel.

Actually they aren't.. from what I remember we signed two new scouts from West Ham earlier in the season. Correct me if I am wrong though.

Guest Verlaine

By the way, someone on 606 has just said that Babel has signed, it is on SSN - can someone confirm this?

No, because it's not fucking true.  :idiot2:

Hope we leave Babel alone.

I've seen him play twice and both times he's been average. He's a hybrid striker/left winger and to tell you the truth from what I've seen he looks inferior to Huntelaar and De Mul.

Never seen Babel play. All I know of him is what I've seen on YouTube.

These YouTube compilations are really deceptive--can make any donkey look fantastic. That said, those of Babel make him look pretty ordinary. If those are the highlights, we're not missing much.

Guest don klaploper

don't buy Babel!!! You'll only make Ajax and Babel himself happy with that deal. He's really overrated, so if you really want him, don't pay more than 3 million!!!

The only thing he does all the time is shooting from all over the field. And every shots ends up somewhere around the corner flag!