Babel in part exchange with Luque

Unbelievable

Here is a crazy idea, how about we try and sort out these deals at the START of the transfer window? I know its a bit mental and probably not as much fun but it could be worth a try!

Other clubs mess things up. The longer they hold onto a player they want to keep, the more rash the bid is going to be when nearing the closing of the transfer window.

Here is a crazy idea, how about we try and sort out these deals at the START of the transfer window? I know its a bit mental and probably not as much fun but it could be worth a try!

Other clubs mess things up. The longer they hold onto a player they want to keep, the more rash the bid is going to be when nearing the closing of the transfer window.

Other clubs also sign players earlier than the 29th.

Other clubs also sign players earlier than the 29th.

Which decent players have actually been prised away from there club this window. I'm not talking about Lucas Neill and Lauren who were forced out or were going out of contract, I'm talking about people like Curtis Davies or David Nugent, who are in demand.

I can think of nobody to be honest.

Montella for a start, 6 month loan deal scoring goals for fun at the moment and has a few assists.

Fair enough but he's as small as Martins and is not particularly quick or explosive.

Not a striker we should have moved for!

If anyone I would have thought Carew, but both Babel and Piquionne are rated higher than him so we've done the right thing if we are waiting on those two instead.

Piquionne averages 1 in 5 and while speedy his positioning, heading and tactical sense are in question. Not too excited by him.

Smertin, Ashley Young, John Carew, all those new liverpool kids, Ricardo Rocha, Kepa Blanco, Warnock at a push all seem fairly decent buy's. Rocha, Blanco (good in the air and aggressive) and Carew could all have been useful for us.

Piquionne averages 1 in 5 and while speedy his positioning, heading and tactical sense are in question. Not too excited by him.

Smertin, Ashley Young, John Carew, all those new liverpool kids, Ricardo Rocha, Kepa Blanco, Warnock at a push all seem fairly decent buy's. Rocha, Blanco (good in the air and aggressive) and Carew could all have been useful for us.

:lol:

Sign him up!

Check out his Wiki. :lol:

Oh, and 'good in the air and agressive' has nothing to do with me either. Them's Curbishly's words. ^-^

Oh, and 'good in the air and agressive' has nothing to do with me either. Them's Curbishly's words. ^-^

That's why i'm laughing, you just copied that off his wiki!

Oh, and 'good in the air and agressive' has nothing to do with me either. Them's Curbishly's words. ^-^

That's why i'm laughing, you just copied that off his wiki!

It's a given, Tim Berners-Lee, father of the Web said it is the font of all knowledge, so I'm not about to argue.  :coolsmiley:

Ok, I'll rephrase it. Nothing that I have read about the bloke blows my socks off.

/bibliography to follow... ;)

Guest TheDutchman

It would be very ungrateful to Henk ten Cate if Babel leaves the club. He gives him credit this season. And I dont want Luque at my club!

Guest TheDutchman

Dont see him coming either.

But its nice to have something to think about making the hours pass.

Though it is an extreme rarity the soccer master is talking sense.

:lol: This time he's right Im afraid  :lol:

Just out of interest Dutchman, how do you rate him? I'm not a fan myself and don't understand all the hype, but you've probably seen more from him then me.. I do think Leonardo coming in means he's moved down the pecking order. Or was he behind Rosenberg anyway?

Guest TheDutchman

Just out of interest Dutchman, how do you rate him? I'm not a fan myself and don't understand all the hype, but you've probably seen more from him then me.. I do think Leonardo coming in means he's moved down the pecking order. Or was he behind Rosenberg anyway?

I dont understand the hype either. Last season he played several times in the central forward position (before Huntelaar came in) and it appeared that wasnt his position. This season Ten Cate said: "He a young talent who's spoiled by previous coaches (Koeman, Blind) so I give him the opportunity to play on the left wing". But then he got injured and now he's back. And I must admit that he played some good matches altough he's uncertain. I honestly think he talks to much. Just play with heart and soul and do your best is my advice to him. And yes I also think he's moved down in the pecking order and that makes him restless.

Oh and no he wasnt behind Rosenberg.