Babel in part exchange with Luque

Unbelievable

I dont understand the hype either. Last season he played several times in the central forward position (before Huntelaar came in) and it appeared that wasnt his position. This season Ten Cate said: "He a young talent who's spoiled by previous coaches (Koeman, Blind) so I give him the opportunity to play on the left wing". But then he got injured and now he's back. And I must admit that he played some good matches altough he's uncertain. I honestly think he talks to much. Just play with heart and soul and do your best is my advice to him. And yes I also think he's moved down in the pecking order and that makes him restless.

Oh and no he wasnt behind Rosenberg.

So essentially he's lost his place to a Feyenoord castaway..?  :tongue:

Just joking, I am devestated by the way Feyenoord have blown their chance to develop all the talent that was at their disposal. Incredible that we've had Van Persie, Kalou, Kuyt and Leonardo in the last couple of seasons and still haven't managed to get anywhere near the Champions League..  :-[ :'(

Guest TheDutchman

I dont understand the hype either. Last season he played several times in the central forward position (before Huntelaar came in) and it appeared that wasnt his position. This season Ten Cate said: "He a young talent who's spoiled by previous coaches (Koeman, Blind) so I give him the opportunity to play on the left wing". But then he got injured and now he's back. And I must admit that he played some good matches altough he's uncertain. I honestly think he talks to much. Just play with heart and soul and do your best is my advice to him. And yes I also think he's moved down in the pecking order and that makes him restless.

Just joking, I am devestated by the way Feyenoord have blown their chance to develop all the talent that was at their disposal. Incredible that we've had Van Persie, Kalou, Kuyt and Leonardo in the last couple of seasons and still haven't managed to get anywhere near the Champions League..  :-[ :'(

:lol: Feel sorry for you. I think its unbelievable too. Altough I think that when Erwin Koeman was the coach at that time they would have done better. He;s a great coach imo. And we have to admit that Leonardo is a pain in the ass anyway despite he's a geat player and he will score the winning goal next sunday;) . And van Persie was an irritating man too. Now he's more a grown up player. Btw do you allready know if you'll visit the Liverpool match?

:lol: Feel sorry for you. I think its unbelievable too. Altough I think that when Erwin Koeman was the coach at that time they would have done better. He;s a great coach imo. And we have to admit that Leonardo is a pain in the ass anyway despite he's a geat player and he will score the winning goal next sunday;) . And van Persie was an irritating man too. Now he's more a grown up player. Btw do you allready know if you'll visit the Liverpool match?

It doesn't look like I'll be able to make it unfortunately. I've just been over for the past weekend and tried to push Freddie into re-scheduling but he wouldn't budge.. I can give you some tips about places to stay, see, eat and drink at if you want. Just PM me. Also, providing us and AZ progress to the next round of the Uefa Cup, are you considering gong to the Alkmaar match? I know as an Ajax fan it's probably of limits, but you can proudly wear the black and white.. ;)

Guest TheDutchman

It doesn't look like I'll be able to make it unfortunately. I've just been over for the past weekend and tried to push Freddie into re-scheduling but he wouldn't budge.. I can give you some tips about places to stay, see, eat and drink at if you want. Just PM me. Also, providing us and AZ progress to the next round of the Uefa Cup, are you considering gong to the Alkmaar match? I know as an Ajax fan it's probably of limits, but you can proudly wear the black and white.. ;)

Too bad you'll miss the match. Especially because Kuijt is coming. I hope Given is aware of his skills!

Well Id love to see the Alkmaar match. Altough I think Ill never be able to get tickets. Not for the home stands either.

But I will definitely vist Alkmaar (wearing black and white!!!)  in the afternoon to drink a beer as I live only 10 miles away from the centre of Alkmaar.

And dont underestimate the power of ZulteWaregem! :) Ill send you a PM later this evening, thanks for your offer.

Guest elbee909

chronicle says no chance of him coming

That'll be paper that said Gooch wasn't coming either?

Not that I think Babel will be, just wouldn't wipe my arse with the Chronicle.

Guest nufc 4 life

lol fair enough but i would bet all i could afford on him not coming in the january transfer window hope i have to eat my words however

Guest TheDutchman

FS is directly talking to Ajax.

Only problem is that its the bottle of cleaning Ajax that the cleaning lady left out. Fred thought it was sugar, ate a few scoops and presto!

???

???

Rough translation from this site - http://ajax.netwerk.to/nieuws/artikel/13020_%27Stilte%20vanuit%20Newcastle%27.php

30/1/2007 - Silence from Newcastle 

(Posted P.)

In the general daily communicates of yellow that Newcastle United have made last week the interest for Babel recognizable. But since then it has remained quiet.The matter observer of Babel let know that it is agreed that he hears only something of Ajax if there is an agreement between the clubs. He expects that the english will approach Ajax today or tomorrow, however. Babel himself waits, but is not enthusiastic. Or Newcastle a club is where I to wants? In the first place not no. But I hear it all.'

In the meantime confirmed Roeder van NUFC busy to be with the hiring of another pointed. Moreover Newcastle would be also in negotiation with PSV concerning the rent of Luque. [react]

Excellent, we may just miss out on him by the sounds of it..  :coolsmiley:

Guest TheDutchman

Rough translation from this site - http://ajax.netwerk.to/nieuws/artikel/13020_%27Stilte%20vanuit%20Newcastle%27.php

30/1/2007 - Silence from Newcastle 

(Posted P.)

In the general daily communicates of yellow that Newcastle United have made last week the interest for Babel recognizable. But since then it has remained quiet.The matter observer of Babel let know that it is agreed that he hears only something of Ajax if there is an agreement between the clubs. He expects that the english will approach Ajax today or tomorrow, however. Babel himself waits, but is not enthusiastic. Or Newcastle a club is where I to wants? In the first place not no. But I hear it all.'

In the meantime confirmed Roeder van NUFC busy to be with the hiring of another pointed. Moreover Newcastle would be also in negotiation with PSV concerning the rent of Luque. [react]

Excellent, we may just miss out on him by the sounds of it..  :coolsmiley:

Got my pm?

A decent tidbit about Babel at the end of the Piquionne <a href="http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/journalsport/tm_headline=safety-first-for-roeder%26method=full%26objectid=18554318%26siteid=50081-name_page.html">article</a> in today's Journal...

Ajax's Ryan Babel remains a target although, with the deal complicated by Luque, it is not expected to proceed at the present time. Sources in Holland last night claimed United have made an approach for Babel and the Amsterdam club have responded in a positive fashion. Yet with a transfer dependent on Newcastle's ability to first offload Luque to free the finances to strike a deal, the matter is not in Newcastle's hands. The Spaniard has been granted permission to negotiate a transfer to PSV Eindhoven although with Luque's St James's Park salary three times what the top earner at the Philips Stadion is reported to take home, the situation is in a state of impasse.

I still think Roeder's lack of quotes on Babel means that he is our #1 transfer target, even at this late stage, as earlier in the article he himself says something along the lines of "the less you say about a player the more chance you have of getting him". It's a bit of a conspiracy theory, as such, but it makes sense. Babel is far more of a coup than Piquionne and so it makes sense that we would be doing our utmost to get him in, while not wanting to give anything away. Whereas Roeder has been very open about Piquionne.

As for people who've said things won't happen because of the Villa game, it will be Shepherd and the like dealing with transfers anyway, not Roeder, so it won't make too many odds.

Something will surely happen today.

Guest Gemmill

606 gossip: More players have been spotted at rival training grounds. Morten Gamst Pedersen is at Liverpool's Melwood complex. Harry Kewell will be going the other way according to PoolRoss. And Babel is at Newcastle. Assuming that's the Amsterdam forward Ryan and not something to do with Brad Pitt's film being on at the local cinema.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6294537.stm

OMG BABLE IS OURS!11  SEX WEEZ IN MY PANTS!!11111

Guest nufc_geordie

According to BBC transfer updates, Babel has been spotted at the Newcastle traingin ground. Will believe it when I see it.

Oh no..

The two people on this board who've seen most of him are not impressed by him, yet everybody else is jumping with joy because the Van Basten has once likened him to Henry: a ridiculous comparision by all accounts and perfectly understandable if you look at many other strange decisions and comments MvB has made in his tenure as Holland manager..

Guest johnson293

According to BBC transfer updates, Babel has been spotted at the Newcastle traingin ground. Will believe it when I see it.

Taking that with a massive pinch of salt, until something better comes through.

It was under the '606 Gossip' heading - so could be anyone sent that in - lets hope it was indeed someone at the club/training ground though!!

MJ

Oh no..

The two people on this board who've seen most of him are not impressed by him, yet everybody else is jumping with joy because the Van Basten has once likened him to Henry: a ridiculous comparision by all accounts and perfectly understandable if you look at many other strange decisions and comments MvB has made in his tenure as Holland manager..

Careful, you will hurt the blind optimism of the starved frenzied pack!!!!

Guest Gemmill

Oh no..

If you're one of the people that have seen most of him, I'll produce as Exhibit A the fact that you rate Luque as good enough reason to disregard your opinion.  :cheesy:

Oh no..

If you're one of the people that have seen most of him, I'll produce as Exhibit A the fact that you rate Luque as good enough reason to disregard your opinion.  :cheesy:

Look at it this way.. Luque was a good player before he joined us and was never given the chance to prove himself. Babel isn't a good player to start with. What makes you think he will do OK for us?