Babel in part exchange with Luque

Unbelievable

Guest elbee909

I think this one is about to conclude.

Baptista has just picked up an injury and now Wenger is looking for a striker to replace him.

Hasn't he been playing Baptista in midfield though?

You know exactly what will happen if we sign him and he doesn't score at least a hat trick in his first game and play at least 9/10 of the games when he's here....

Yes..a Luque, but atleast Babel is 8 years younger. I just hope that Roeder gives Babel the same amount of patience and faith that he gave to Martins, since it's his singing, he most likely will..

But about this Babel lad, can he play as a target-man? Is he strong in the air? Is he physical enough and does he hold up play and link up well enough to be an ideal partner for Martins?

Why is everyone thinking Martins is like some sort of footballing god?  Is it just me that thinks he's still got a lot to prove?

I do hope that was a poor attempt at a joke, yes he is raw but the amount of goals and assists he has got when he has started in a new league at 22 years of age and lots or random and sub standard strike partners is pretty impressive! If Babel comes in and makes the same impact we will be very lucky!

When watching him play he does some fucking stupid stuff though.  Admittedly he is young and in a new place, but he just doesn't fill me with confidence and whenever he scores it's like a massive relief.

Has definately got the physique for the target man stuff, and can hold the ball up well if it's in to his feet. Reasonably tall, still a bit skinny but looks like a great athlete. Not so sure about his ariel prowess, mostly due to Ajax making him spend his life on the wing. Kluivert is the usual comparison over here, not Henry.

Just discovered his official website. http://www.ryanbabel.nl The dutch for video is 'video'. The 'debut jaar 1' video is of the stuff that caused all the excitement. Ignore the 'gansta' look and feel. I've never heard of him misbehaving.

Although Martins can use his right, he likes to dribble on his left. A Martins Babel strike force would seem slightly unbalanced to me, and I cant see us buying Babel to play left wing!

Martins needs to come in from the right due to his left foot fetish. Saves having to cut back out to shoot. Him and Babel would be awesome.

Come on GR!!!!!111

You know exactly what will happen if we sign him and he doesn't score at least a hat trick in his first game and play at least 9/10 of the games when he's here....

Yes..a Luque, but atleast Babel is 8 years younger. I just hope that Roeder gives Babel the same amount of patience and faith that he gave to Martins, since it's his singing, he most likely will..

But about this Babel lad, can he play as a target-man? Is he strong in the air? Is he physical enough and does he hold up play and link up well enough to be an ideal partner for Martins?

Why is everyone thinking Martins is like some sort of footballing god?  Is it just me that thinks he's still got a lot to prove?

I do hope that was a poor attempt at a joke, yes he is raw but the amount of goals and assists he has got when he has started in a new league at 22 years of age and lots or random and sub standard strike partners is pretty impressive! If Babel comes in and makes the same impact we will be very lucky!

When watching him play he does some fucking stupid stuff though.  Admittedly he is young and in a new place, but he just doesn't fill me with confidence and whenever he scores it's like a massive relief.

He has what 10/11 goals and half as many assists, aye he is shit like! I mean from a 22 year old in a new league I would expect at least double that! What a waste!

He has what 10/11 goals and half as many assists, aye he is shit like! I mean from a 22 year old in a new league I would expect at least double that! What a waste!

If as Roeder said he will score 20 goals, he will be without doubt possibly the worst ever player to score 20 goals in the prem imo.

When watching him play he does some fucking stupid stuff though.  Admittedly he is young and in a new place, but he just doesn't fill me with confidence and whenever he scores it's like a massive relief.

If as Roeder said he will score 20 goals, he will be without doubt possibly the worst ever player to score 20 goals in the prem imo.

I think he meant 20 goals in all comps.

Michael Owen hasn't even scored 20 league goals in one season.

But dont let that stop a ridiculous rant about one of our better players  O0  :lol:

Guest Gemmill

That is without doubt possibly a silly thing to say.

That is without doubt possibly a silly thing to say.

:uglystupid2:

Guest Gemmill

If we don't sign anyone between now and Wednesday, I'm expecting Roeder to go into hiding for a week and a bit like he did after the last shambles.  :-X