Oguchi Onyewu signs on loan

KaKa

Guest johnson293

Why would Standard Liege be worried that we wont sign him permanently in the summer? His contract with them expires in June 2007, so he would be a free agent anyway??

More bollocks from Oliver i suspect - clutching at straws as he doesn't have his signing story yet!

MJ

Why would Standard Liege be worried that we wont sign him permanently in the summer? His contract with them expires in June 2007, so he would be a free agent anyway??

More bollocks from Oliver i suspect - clutching at straws as he doesn't have his signing story yet!

MJ

Which is why they aren't going to let him go on loan without on agreement they'll get some money for him. There not just gonna send him out on loan then let him go for nothing at the ed of the season are they.

Guest johnson293

MJ

Which is why they aren't going to let him go on loan without on agreement they'll get some money for him. There not just gonna send him out on loan then let him go for nothing at the ed of the season are they.

But surely, if any fee is to be paid, it should be paid now, even if it is just to sanction the loan.

Giving him to us on loan now, as long as we agree to buy him in the summer, when he is then out of contract with them is just rediculous.

If we have to agree to sign/pay a fee for him permanently in the summer, we may as well just sign him permanently now.

But its clear we dont have any money, so if thats the case, I doubt it'll happen now.

MJ

They are going to want some return on him but then again I can understand why we want to see what he cna do here before buying him.

I hope this fkn deal go's through, its way to late in the day to find another CB.

MJ

Apparently Standard can extend Onyewu's contract with one year due to a clause which allows them to do this without the player's permission.

Guest Gemmill

This deal will be fine.

:lol:  Parky trying his Jedi mind trick out in this thread.

"This is not the permanent deal you're looking for."

Guest johnson293

MJ

Apparently Standard can extend Onyewu's contract with one year due to a clause which allows them to do this without the player's permission.

Ah, ok - that would make more sense then.

Cheers

MJ

Guest Sniffer

He might be bigger than Huntingdon and Edgar but is he any better? I hope he works out and settles down quickly if we get him.

But I don't see anything to get excited about...a relative no name loan player.

Guest Armchair Pundit

He might be bigger than Huntingdon and Edgar but is he any better? I hope he works out and settles down quickly if we get him.

But I don't see anything to get excited about...a relative no name loan player.

He can't be that bad if Chelsea, Real and Inter have all been linked with him at some point recently.