Roeder - no signings

Paulie Walnuts

:thup:Back to reality lads and lasses. We aint the spenders we used to be, and we'll probably never be, unless we achieve decent back to back leauge finishes.

Most other teams in the league manage to 'wheel and deal' and get some good bargains, despite not being big spenders.

If we couldn't afford anyone how comes we were in for players that would cost money.... hmm....

Would you rather we signed players for the sake of it then?

If we have to wait to get players like Davies then that's what we should do, no more panic buys please.

Guest andynufc84

i cant wait till this window shuts..in 13 minutes

im f*cking sick of hearing about it

lets just get back to concentrating on football and working with what we've got

peoples expectations are far too high..we are skint

Guest TheOrder

If we couldn't afford anyone how comes we were in for players that would cost money.... hmm....

If we have to wait to get players like Davies then that's what we should do, no more panic buys please.

Thats sense isn't it Baggio? Thought so.

No but some good player who would improve our team moved this month for prices im sure we could afford. I fear we will wait till the summer and live the whole knightmare again tbh! Maybe sign SWP, some ageing midfielder and some Arsenal kid on loan.

No but some good player who would improve our team moved this month for prices im sure we could afford. I fear we will wait till the summer and live the whole knightmare again tbh! Maybe sign SWP, some ageing midfielder and some Arsenal kid on loan.

Thats the thing, i've absolutely no confidence that we'll be successfuly signing any of the players we've "left" until the Summer.

What really pisses me off is that a few months ago, when he was under pressure, Shepherd reassured everyone by saying that funds would be available for Roeder in the transfer window. It's never a great idea to advertise the fact that you've got money (it'll drive up the asking prices), and it's completely stupid when the reality is that you're pretty much skint. Basically, Shepherd was putting his own interests before that of the club.

To compound that, he had the nerve to say that Sir John Hall's attempts to sell the club were driving up the transfer fees that were being asked. It looks to me like he had no intention of spending, and was laying the ground for the Halls to take the blame.

Pearson will tap up all the decent players with England under 21's between now and the summer. O0

I'm actually pretty hopeful that Pearson could put a good word in tbh, and also alert Roeder to players that are up and coming. :)

Pearson will tap up all the decent players with England under 21's between now and the summer. O0

I'm actually pretty hopeful that Pearson could put a good word in tbh, and also alert Roeder to players that are up and coming. :)

That's what I think will happen, it's a good way of finding out about their attitudes as well working that close to them.

What really pisses me off is that a few months ago, when he was under pressure, Shepherd reassured everyone by saying that funds would be available for Roeder in the transfer window. It's never a great idea to advertise the fact that you've got money (it'll drive up the asking prices), and it's completely stupid when the reality is that you're pretty much skint. Basically, Shepherd was putting his own interests before that of the club.

To compound that, he had the nerve to say that Sir John Hall's attempts to sell the club were driving up the transfer fees that were being asked. It looks to me like he had no intention of spending, and was laying the ground for the Halls to take the blame.

Fredy F****ING Shepard

So... we go into this window needing a LB and Striker..bare minimum and come out with a relatively untested CB?

Guess its better than a Left Winger..in the fact we need a bit more dominance at the back, shame it came at a time when Moore is almost back fit, brambles fit, and we now have 6 CB's on the books and two Fullbacks.

Im sorry but an excuse of "we could have got bodies in but they wouldnt have been any better than what we have" just isnt good enough.

Another LB and RB as good as Babayaro or Carr would have at least stopped Ramage or one of the bairns playing there.

Maybe the younger players have more hunger but we are playing with peoples careers that arent even playing in their prefered positions.

Hugely Disapointing... and only a matter of time before Martins, Dyer and sibbers gets injured and we are fucked.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?HLID=445418&CPID=8&title=Roeder+slams+window&lid=&channel=Football_Home&f=rss&clid=4

Roeder slams window

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder slammed the timing of the January transfer window as he failed to do as much business as he would have liked.

Roeder saw his side beat Aston Villa 3-1 on Wednesday but says having the transfer window to deal with during such a busy period of football made it almost impossible to handle.

"As hard as I tried today I couldn't make a breakthrough," said Roeder.

"I think it's a terrible time to have a transfer window.

"I've got to manage a football club and prepare a team for a game but I've been working from 8am this morning trying to get players in.

"And on the final day it's not just about getting a body in, it has got to be somebody who is fit to wear a Newcastle shirt and they are in short supply at this stage."

Can you believe the shit he is talking??? :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

He is blaming the transfer window and the fact he didnt sign anyone is because he had the game that day :idiot2: :idiot2:

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?HLID=445418&CPID=8&title=Roeder+slams+window&lid=&channel=Football_Home&f=rss&clid=4

Roeder slams window

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder slammed the timing of the January transfer window as he failed to do as much business as he would have liked.

Roeder saw his side beat Aston Villa 3-1 on Wednesday but says having the transfer window to deal with during such a busy period of football made it almost impossible to handle.

"I've got to manage a football club and prepare a team for a game but I've been working from 8am this morning trying to get players in.

"And on the final day it's not just about getting a body in, it has got to be somebody who is fit to wear a Newcastle shirt and they are in short supply at this stage."

Can you believe the shit he is talking??? :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

He is blaming the transfer window and the fact he didnt sign anyone is because he had the game that day :idiot2: :idiot2:

Fucking hell, what a mong. The amount of shite he talks is astonishing.

Fuck the coaching badges, he needs to take "Transfer Windows for Beginners" night class at his local college because this is two out of two he's made himself look incompetent then moaned about it and blamed the window.

Guest eyeball_tickler

same shit as last time. blame the window when every other manager has worked it well. THIS is why we never win things. the vital decisions are always wrong.

We've had since the end of last season to sign some decent full-backs and a centre-back. It's a shame he was too busy helping Chelsea get rid of their dead wood. Going by some of Roeder's recent quotes, he was too busy haggling over Shaun Wright-Phillips to look for any defenders this time.

I know this is taking that bit completely wrong but aye Glenn, anyone who was fit would have been nice.

Roeder slams window

Roeders slams window  :lol: :lol: