Fulham 2 Newcastle United 1 - Post Match Thread

I'd like to know what the people who are slagging Bramble off are basing their opinions on please.

Apart from giving away what amounted to a meaningless free kick about 10 metres into our half and getting booked for it, what has he done that's been so bad, eh?

Enlighten me.

I think he's had a reasonbly good game, but people are jumping on that one moment of poor composure that forced him into a foul that, had distance to goal been shorter, may have been viewed as denial of goal scoring opportunity and a send-off.  Pretty typical - a solid game for 89 minutes and one or two frightening moments.

typical bramble, fairly decent match with two moments of madness. simply can't afford to have someone in the team who makes huge errors in every match, regardless of how well their general play is.

Exactly. Indigo, you make yourself look a bit daft defending him constantly imo. "Meaningless free kick" - If he doesn't foul Helguson, he's 1 on 1 with Harper having given the ball away. It's hardly an isolated incident from the useless twat either.

Sorry, but no. What's daft is the sad sad sad need of nearly everyone on here to jump on the bandwagon and scapegoat particular players if things go wrong, regardless of whether or not it was anything at all to do with them. NOTHING that Bramble did today lead to us losing that game, we lost because of a stupid backpass from Nicky Butt and because Carr got raped all game and that's it. Sorry if that doesn't fit with what people want to believe but that's the truth. You lot can believe it or not, frankly I could give a shit really.

You know what, I hope they do get rid of Bramble, because when we continue to be disorganised at the back, I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that I was right and you lot were clueless!!  :tongue:

Anyway, bollocks to this, I'm off to watch the end of the rugby, see you later. No hard feelings?

Course not mate. :thup:

;)

Let's be honest, we've had some very lucky wins lately, we're not as good as our league position.  We've been lucky that the kids have come in and papered over the cracks by running on adrenalin, we've sneaked some results, we came undone today.

i don't see the point in saving money for Roeder for the summer.(if that is true)

I think the point is so that he has the tools to build his squad. Something he hasn't exactly done.

Up to him to build it.

Duff is garbage, has been since he arrived. I'm looking forward to CN'Z coming back as much as I am Owen.

Except that even when Zog is back, Roeder'll still make Duff first pick. Still holding out some faint hope that Duff will remember how to play, but want to see Zog return as well.

Charlie was pretty poor before his injury, 2nd season (or whatever) syndrome maybe, but he still done far better than Duff

Sorry, but no. What's daft is the sad sad sad need of nearly everyone on here to jump on the bandwagon and scapegoat particular players if things go wrong, regardless of whether or not it was anything at all to do with them. NOTHING that Bramble did today lead to us losing that game, we lost because of a stupid backpass from Nicky Butt and because Carr got raped all game and that's it. Sorry if that doesn't fit with what people want to believe but that's the truth. You lot can believe it or not, frankly I could give a shit really.

You know what, I hope they do get rid of Bramble, because when we continue to be disorganised at the back, I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that I was right and you lot were clueless!!  :tongue:

Anyway, bollocks to this, I'm off to watch the end of the rugby, see you later. No hard feelings?

Bramble doesn't give anyone confidence, he doesn't always make mistakes but we now expect it and just wait for something to happen, it doesn't always happen but he must have the other players shitting themselves just waiting for it to happen.  You know it’s always just around the corner.

Let's be honest, we've had some very lucky wins lately, we're not as good as our league position.  We've been lucky that the kids have come in and papered over the cracks by running on adrenalin, we've sneaked some results, we came undone today.

thought we looked the better side in the first half though fell apart in the second. think today showed some of the limitations of a martins-dyer frontline, that is, the failure to keep a hold of the ball up the field, and to bring our midfielders into the game. with butt and parker both sitting quite deep and not moving the ball forward, it meant dyer and martins have to drop back, and we end up looking toothless.

I'd like to know what the people who are slagging Bramble off are basing their opinions on please.

Apart from giving away what amounted to a meaningless free kick about 10 metres into our half and getting booked for it, what has he done that's been so bad, eh?

Enlighten me.

I think he's had a reasonbly good game, but people are jumping on that one moment of poor composure that forced him into a foul that, had distance to goal been shorter, may have been viewed as denial of goal scoring opportunity and a send-off.   Pretty typical - a solid game for 89 minutes and one or two frightening moments.

typical bramble, fairly decent match with two moments of madness. simply can't afford to have someone in the team who makes huge errors in every match, regardless of how well their general play is.

Exactly. Indigo, you make yourself look a bit daft defending him constantly imo. "Meaningless free kick" - If he doesn't foul Helguson, he's 1 on 1 with Harper having given the ball away. It's hardly an isolated incident from the useless twat either.

Its a lost cause indi. I gave up ages ago. I have even posted stats that proved we let in 9 goals in 13 games with Bramble in the team and 25 in the following 13 without.  

I asked what happened for the second goal and was told the Fulham player breezed past 3 of our players and THEN past Bramble but its not the first 3 players fault its Brambles.

Without watching the game in person or on TV I will reserve judgement until later. I thought if we are to blame individuals it would be Butt and Carr.

As for Wullie calling him a useless twat I can`t take that seriously coming from a skinny boy with glasses holding a cat.

Duff is garbage, has been since he arrived. I'm looking forward to CN'Z coming back as much as I am Owen.

Except that even when Zog is back, Roeder'll still make Duff first pick. Still holding out some faint hope that Duff will remember how to play, but want to see Zog return as well.

Charlie was pretty poor before his injury, 2nd season (or whatever) syndrome maybe, but he still done far better than Duff

He was, aye, but he was in and out of the team and half the time being bumped into central midfield because of Duff. He was awesome against Portsmouth at home though, looked like coming back to his best.

i don't see the point in saving money for Roeder for the summer.(if that is true)

I think the point is so that he has the tools to build his squad. Something he hasn't exactly done.

Up to him to build it.

that fills me with confidence.

Arguably yes... but i still think we would have faired better if our defense was picked better. Appeared that Milner was our rare attacking outlet aswell - we lose SO much when Nobby is out of the team.

Agreed.

Up to him to build it.

that fills me with confidence.

No, it doesn't with me either... but have faith.

After these last two fuck-ups, he'll be ultra-determined not to make the same mistake again.

He was, aye, but he was in and out of the team and half the time being bumped into central midfield because of Duff. He was awesome against Portsmouth at home though, looked like coming back to his best.

Even when he was supposedly not great, he still had sparks of genius going forward. Was way better than Duff in that short period of time when he got a few games together. We clearly miss him in the team.

"I asked what happened for the second goal and was told the Fulham player breezed past 3 of our players and THEN past Bramble but its not the first 3 players fault its Brambles."

not quite, i said bouba diop waltzed past 3 of our lot (carr & sibierski mainly) before pulling it back to mcbride who stole in front of bramble for the goal. never made any judgement about who's fault it was, though bramble should be doing better. he also made two other comedy fuckups during the match.

Enlighten me.

I think he's had a reasonbly good game, but people are jumping on that one moment of poor composure that forced him into a foul that, had distance to goal been shorter, may have been viewed as denial of goal scoring opportunity and a send-off.  Pretty typical - a solid game for 89 minutes and one or two frightening moments.

Its a lost cause indi. I gave up ages ago. I have even posted stats that proved we let in 9 goals in 13 games with Bramble in the team and 25 in the following 13 without. 

I asked what happened for the second goal and was told the Fulham player breezed past 3 of our players and THEN past Bramble but its not the first 3 players fault its Brambles.

Without watching the game in person or on TV I will reserve judgement until later. I thought if we are to blame individuals it would be Butt and Carr.

As for Wullie calling him a useless twat I can`t take that seriously coming from a skinny boy with glasses holding a cat.

:lol:

The second goal was the fault of Carr, so I don't know who's blaming Bramble. Bramble should have been sent off for a foul on Helguson, who was clear on goal after Bramble gave him the ball 30 yards out. The fact that the referee let him off doesn't change the fact he's a constant liability, always likely to make a total balls-up.

Couldn't really give a stuff what you think of me tbh. You just make yourself sound like a prat with comments like that imo.

thought we looked the better side in the first half though fell apart in the second. think today showed some of the limitations of a martins-dyer frontline, that is, the failure to keep a hold of the ball up the field, and to bring our midfielders into the game. with butt and parker both sitting quite deep and not moving the ball forward, it meant dyer and martins have to drop back, and we end up looking toothless.

It's a 90 minute game, we need the creativity that we were lacking until Nobby came on.  Before Nobby came on we had nothing, Dyer is better running at defenders from deep, he's better at that because he's got stamina and the bottle to run at people, he opens a game up.

Enlighten me.

Is this a N-O epidemic or have you got the wrong person?  :lol:

Horrible peformence from the team today,Expected that after watching Our starting Line-up

A classic Roeder run (Win one,Lose one),Aston Villa failed to score last game,Fulham didnt,Same thing happend with Spurs and Brum..

My Ratings:-

Steve Harper (6)-Pretty average peformence,can't take the blame for any of the two goals

Steven Carr (4)- He should never make the bench EVER for nufc,or any other team for that matter,the only reason he got the nod over Nobby was propbly because Roeder like the physical type players,even if they are shite like Carr

Gooch (7) - Our best defender today,shouldnt have started today,WE shouldve gave him more time to adapt to the team,but he looked solid

Titus Bramble (6)-looked good in the first half,after that he made a huge mistake,Luckly gooch was behind him and that prevented a red card,he looked OK,but i would rather have Huntington as our DC then him

Steven Taylor (6)- Playing as a makeshift RB,Had a pretty average game,He is much better when playing in the center of the defence

Nicky Butt (5)- Had a shocker,he was the only one to blame in Fulhams first goal and Looked poor the whole game

Scott Parker (7)- Was good today the only problem is that he is a DM,Roeder keeps using him in a more forward postion wich is effecting his form this season

James Milner (7)-A good peformence,made a nice goal-line clearence,was a threat to the fulham back four,his crossing must improve,too many poor cross's today

Damian Duff (5)-Shite,and i still think N'Zogbia and even Luque should get the start over him,why he isn't treated like luque  is beyond me tbh

Oba Martins (7)-didnt show alot today,did grab a goal nevertheless and he ended his short goal drought today

Kerion Dyer (6)-Was poor,didnt cause any threat to the fulham defence

Subs:

Sibreski (6) - some decent touchs,failed to add anything to our striking force

Solano ( 8 )- Played for 5 minutesand still managed a brilliant assist,Shouldve started today instead of that C**nt Carr

Overall team peformence (6)- Poor peformence today,we were outplayed through out the game and it couldve been more then 2 for Fulham,Roeders team selection was absouloutly ridicouls,Looking forward for his excuse today..

It's a 90 minute game, we need the creativity that we were lacking until Nobby came on.  Before Nobby came on we had nothing, Dyer is better running at defenders from deep, he's better at that because he's got stamina and the bottle to run at people, he opens a game up.

agree, if you have someone with the creativity, passing and vision of solano in your squad you have to make use of him. he wins more crucial tackles than carr anyway and is better when 1-on-1 with wingers too, so i don't understand roeder's decision. unless of course nobby was carrying an injury...

Agree 100%

Spurs v NUFC    We were crap, should have been 5 down by half time.

NUFC v Brum      We were crap, result a fair reflection on the game.

NUFC v Villa         Played off the park again and fluked another result.

This happens most weeks, I don't know hoe we have managed to win some of the games.  Todat we 2 RBs available, but no LB so we neede to play only one man out of position. Play Nobby or the fat irishman at RB and Taylor or Hunty or Edgar at LB.  Not Roeder, lets have 2 square pegs in round holes.  Duff has been atrocious from day one, worse than Luque, but he will never be dropped. I'm not convinced Owen will get the nod at this rate, probably play Duff and Ameobi.  

Enlighten me.

I think he's had a reasonbly good game, but people are jumping on that one moment of poor composure that forced him into a foul that, had distance to goal been shorter, may have been viewed as denial of goal scoring opportunity and a send-off.   Pretty typical - a solid game for 89 minutes and one or two frightening moments.

:lol:

The second goal was the fault of Carr, so I don't know who's blaming Bramble. Bramble should have been sent off for a foul on Helguson, who was clear on goal after Bramble gave him the ball 30 yards out. The fact that the referee let him off doesn't change the fact he's a constant liability, always likely to make a total balls-up.

Couldn't really give a stuff what you think of me tbh. You just make yourself sound like a prat with comments like that imo.

Good on the referee then..he let of a NUFC player for once. Happens all the time to opposition, them getting let off. So whats your problem with it? I heard Gooch would have got back in time.  I can`t say too much as I havn`t seen the match, Indi stated he had seen it live so I will go with opinion.

As for my comment about you, you just seem like an angry little man. We all hate losing , but we never do well at Fulham do we? The result hasn`t shocked me as we have had 3 seasons of this inconsistant madness now, i`ve got used to it. Its just every post you have made is slagging someone off like there has to be blame. Nothing constructive just name calling.  According to you Roeder is a mong and Bramble is a twat aswell as another comment I can`t remember.