Thank god - Carr's injured for a month

Guest hindu times

Guest elbee909

I feel bad for celebrating that one of our players is cropped.

Cropped?  Carr's so lazy he can't even be bothered to grow hair.

He's not that bad....

...Nah ok it was a lame joke.  The blokes fucking diabolical and I hope he gets sold to Bolton or Boro or anyone for that matter.  Complete and utter small, bald, fat cunt faced twat.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/news/tm_headline=glenn%2Ds-fury-at-carr-ko%26method=full%26objectid=18583979%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Glenn's fury at Carr KO

Feb 6 2007

By Lee Ryder, The Evening Chronicle

Glenn Roeder today angrily revealed how Newcastle United had been punished yet again by international football after Stephen Carr was sent home from Republic of Ireland duty with a thigh injury.

His fury comes just 24 hours before Scott Parker and Kieron Dyer play for England in a friendly with Spain and on the night that top scorer Oba Martins goes into a grudge match at Brentford for Nigeria against Ghana.

The knock sustained in training means Carr (pictured) could be out for a month - but for Roeder the loss of the full-back is simply the straw that broke the camel's back after enduring a rough time with his international players.

The Toon boss has been without Michael Owen for the whole season due to his knee injury in the World Cup, while Steven Taylor's campaign last year was also decimated by a shoulder problem suffered after colliding with Carlton Cole in training for the England Under-21s.

And a furious Roeder told the Chronicle today: "Newcastle United have been punished terribly with injuries due to international football.

"We cannot put a world-class striker in Michael Owen on the team sheet because of his World Cup injury.

"Steven Taylor returned last season from Under-21 duty and had to have his shoulder practically sewn back on.

"And now we have lost Stephen Carr for up to a month with a thigh injury.

"We have been wounded this season.

"Even one of our fringe players, Alan O'Brien, has gone away three times and twice he has returned injured.

"We have just worked patiently with Stephen for three months, and after three games back for us he is flying home on the plane after one session with the Republic of Ireland before their Euro game with San Marino.

"The club doctor Roddy McDonald actually told me to sit down and take a deep breath when he told me that Stephen had got injured. It made me so angry - and I'm still angry.

"When I was working as an England staff member we had numerous disagreements in the club v country row.

"Back then I thought that the club managers were being unfair to their country.

"But now I know exactly what they mean - I have gone 100% the other way. It is unfair.

"You could say that Alan Pardew would still have his job at West Ham if there weren't so many friendlies that don't mean that much.

"He lost Dean Ashton in August because of the friendly with Greece, and that has been a massive factor."

Roeder refused to use the injury list at Newcastle for their mediocre campaign so far, and insisted he has battled on without moaning about all the injuries sustained in club football.

Indeed, the Carr incident is a perfect example of exactly why the United boss is so unhappy with the injuries he can do nothing about.

He added: "If players get injured at Newcastle, in training or a match, I don't have a problem with that.

"I haven't moaned once about our injury list because they have come while players have been on club duty.

"I have taken it on the chin.

"But when a player gets sent back after international duty injured, we have to pick up the pieces.

"We are trying to push up the Premiership table in our game against Liverpool already with 10 injuries.

"There is too much money involved in the Premiership now and too much at stake to lose players due to international friendlies.

"For five months we have battled with injuries and now after finally getting down to single figures we are back up to 10 because of Stephen's thigh injury.

"I am sure the Newcastle fans agree with me when I say that our last 12 games in the Premiership are more important than an England friendly with Spain."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

GR, you sometimes amaze how fuking thick you are, you are so out of touch with the fans you belong on the board.