Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

While it's great for England that Sturridge, Welbeck and Wilshere got the playing time that has turned them into very good players it is bad for the league. It encourages stockpiling of players by the big clubs and the using the little clubs to butter up their players. Chelsea, Man United and Arsenal should be playing these players in their teams - and if they don't have a place for them then they should be forced to move them on. The squad limitations haven't helped anything.

Agree 100%

the MLS does have a ridiculously long off season, most teams finished in November time? (open to correction) and don't get under way again until March and I suppose from the players pov its better to be playing football than going through a pre season routine

Sky's adverts at the minute. The first set of adverts were bad enough with the fat faced prick and his lass, the second set were uncalled for. It wasn't funny the first time and it's still unfunny now.

Sky's adverts at the minute. The first set of adverts were bad enough with the fat faced prick and his lass, the second set were uncalled for. It wasn't funny the first time and it's still unfunny now.

It's as though they've had complaints about it being sexist so decided to rustle up an equally shit version for the women even though it's ridiculously unrealistic.

An article I read pointed out Norwich and Swansea were both 5000-1 to win the league at start of season according to the bookies, and this pretty much sums up what's gone wrong with the premier league. (by contrast in 70s clubs might get 33-1 to win league on promotion season iirc from the article)

An article I read pointed out Norwich and Swansea were both 5000-1 to win the league at start of season according to the bookies, and this pretty much sums up what's gone wrong with the premier league. (by contrast in 70s clubs might get 33-1 to win league on promotion season iirc from the article)

Premier league or most domestic leagues? What odds are there for newly promoted Spanish, German, Scottish, French etc.. teams?

Premier league or most domestic leagues? What odds are there for newly promoted Spanish, German, Scottish, French etc.. teams?

i get both the points. however look at how long it's been since the prem wasn't won by massive financing, the spanish league not by barce or real madrid, whereas recently, twente, wolfsburg and lille have all won their leagues

i get both the points. however look at how long it's been since the prem wasn't won by massive financing, the spanish league not by barce or real madrid, whereas recently, twente, wolfsburg and lille have all won their leagues

Wolfsburg as still bankrolled to a fair extent, they wouldn't have that money naturally if they didn't have VW behind them. They've a net spend of £30m since last season.

I get your point though.

I don't see why it's bad in other leagues too means it's fine here. There are always a few exceptions but generally teams that spend little finish bottom of the league, teams that spend middling finish middling and teams that spend a lot end up at the top. There are always a couple of teams that underachieve, and a couple that overachieve and then the media will blather on about that proving it's a competative league.

Fans trying to get a pic when a team celebrates in front of them.  Just celebrate ffs.

The whole "I was there" phenomenon. Its so annoying. Was at a game last year when some kid infront of me filmed half the match. Was incredibly distracting.

Also fucks me off (and most people I know too) at gigs.

Fans trying to get a pic when a team celebrates in front of them.  Just celebrate ffs.

The whole "I was there" phenomenon. Its so annoying. Was at a game last year when some kid infront of me filmed half the match. Was incredibly distracting.

Also fucks me off (and most people I know too) at gigs.

Why not man? :lol: I get the whole filming half the game criticism but it seems to me to be one the few things these days that don't lambast you for trying to get some souvenir of a special day, besides surely its a form of celebration in itself? If someone if sat with a rostrum camera half the time in front of you then fine, otherwise cheer up ffs :) Wish i'd done it when the spidey mask first came out I was right near it.

F**king Carlos Tevez and his never ending transfer saga. This c**** transfer to and from every club he has played for in England carries on for months on end. The latest feels like it has been going on for years yet f*ckall really happens. Every f*cking transfer window brings about the same sh*t over and over again.

When does it end ?  :rant:

To Carlos and Kia - F*ckoff to Russia where we don't have to hear about you again.