Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

honestly don't mind Savage as a pundit

:thup:

Hated him as a player but as a pundit, he's not bad.

I'm amazed to hear that opinion. It seems to me that he's only in the pundit's chair because someone decided he was a 'personality'. He's not very articulate, he usually talks in cliches, and when he tries to take an original take on something, he digs himself into a corner with a ridiculous opinion. And he's not funny either.

Well, admittedly he's not the best pundit out there but he's still just about decent (better than the likes of Lawrenson, Shearer etc. anyway).

No matter how well a player improves certain fans still use them as scapegoats and totally ignore the faults of the ones they like...

For example people still think Coloccini and Koscielny are average and no matter how well they play they can do no good in the yes of some people.

Surely you're talking about opposition fans, right? :lol:

Yeah ofcourse lol.

Speaking of Soccer Saturday panel, another thing that pisses me off, " if you havent played or managed the game at pro level what do you know"

It is possible to not play or manage at the pro level and still know your stuff btw  :lol:

Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but the camera angle they use often for penalties.

From behind the player, shite.

On a related theme, when they show you footage of a goal (usually a few weeks later), and they decide to enhance your enjoyment by switching the camera position at various points, often to strange angles such as in the corner of the goal. Very disorientating, and done with the delusion that their artistic take on the goal is somehow more interesting than the goal itself.

Fans trying to get a pic when a team celebrates in front of them.  Just celebrate ffs.

The whole "I was there" phenomenon. Its so annoying. Was at a game last year when some kid infront of me filmed half the match. Was incredibly distracting.

Also f***s me off (and most people I know too) at gigs.

Why not man? :lol: I get the whole filming half the game criticism but it seems to me to be one the few things these days that don't lambast you for trying to get some souvenir of a special day, besides surely its a form of celebration in itself? If someone if sat with a rostrum camera half the time in front of you then fine, otherwise cheer up ffs :) Wish i'd done it when the spidey mask first came out I was right near it.

I just want to see said event with my own eyes, instead I have to view it on a tiny screen infront of my face

Real dampeners them tiny screens like :D

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,91360.350.html

guess its not just me then!

No matter how well a player improves certain fans still use them as scapegoats and totally ignore the faults of the ones they like...

For example people still think Coloccini and Koscielny are average and no matter how well they play they can do no good in the yes of some people.

Surely you're talking about opposition fans, right? :lol:

Yeah ofcourse lol.

Speaking of Soccer Saturday panel, another thing that pisses me off, " if you havent played or managed the game at pro level what do you know"

It is possible to not play or manage at the pro level and still know your stuff btw  :lol:

"I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first"  :snod:

Eh? :lol:

I sort of half get that like, if you're a footballer you should be able to kick a ball, but it's still an apt description for some defenders and midfielders who like to keep the ball on the ground and actually play the ball, as opposed to trying to get rid as soon as possible and just hoofing it.

Guest neesy111

nufcblog.com. Particularly the way everything reported in the newspapers is a fact. Daft bastard.

Got to love Ed Harrison man.