Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Guest firetotheworks

'but he got the ball!'

Aye, but it was from behind man. Stop expecting refs to go by rules from years ago.

'but he got the ball!'

Aye, but it was from behind man. Stop expecting refs to go by rules from years ago.

I had this last night, some bloody scouse brute who is about 6ft 2" and clumsy as fuck smashed into me.  Tackled from behind, went through me to get the ball and clattered my knee before he got the faintest of touches.

"Great tackle, he got the ball" :lol:

Commentators saying of players from foreign nations when they go down a little too easily

"He's made the most of that" or "He's made contact but not as much as the player is making out, get up"

Yet, when Young, Gerrard and co do exactly the same, nothing is said.

I know I've posted this a million times, but the giving of free kicks for accidental handball is a similar one that winds me up. "He had his had out from his side"... so fucking what?

I think if he gains an advantage from it hitting his arm, it should be a foul - even if accidental. That could be whilst in possession and diverting it into a better place to take the next touch, or whilst out of possession and as an interception. Obviously, his arm has to be well out from his side.

When players get congratulated for "making amends" for an error.

Perfect example last night when Johnson got caught of position (surprise surprise), the Sweden player was through but Johnson got back to tackle. Everyone was congratulating him on such a great challenge and "getting back to recover". "Getting back to recover" is the bare bloody minimum I'd expect of a player who has just cocked up.

In a similar vein, the mindfuck that is congratulating a player for "not going to ground". Very well done, you're not a massive fucking cheat.

Tbh i can put up with Lawrenson. In terms of a running analysis, he's not the worst on television - he just comes out with some batshit comments (not necessarily related to the game itself) now and again which make you think he needs putting in a home.

Guest firetotheworks

I still think Lawrenson is funny. In the studio he's okay, but as a co-commentator he's so cringe-worthy that it makes me laugh.

Mark Lawrenson commentating.

I would like to add Guy Mowbray, Jonathan Pearce, Mark Bright, Clive Tyldesley, Andy Townsend and Peter Drury to this post.

Without a doubt, there's only actually 2 or 3 commentators I can stand. There's also Jon Champion and Chris Waddle who deserve special mention, the twats.

Mark Lawrenson commentating.

I would like to add Guy Mowbray, Jonathan Pearce, Mark Bright, Clive Tyldesley, Andy Townsend and Peter Drury to this post.

Without a doubt, there's only actually 2 or 3 commentators I can stand. There's also Jon Champion and Chris Waddle who deserve special mention, the twats.

I actually don't mind Jon Champion. He always seems to have a good word to say about us.