Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Guest firetotheworks

Pitches that aren't big enough to let the corner taker remain on the grass for the run up to their cross.

Pitches that aren't big enough to let the corner taker remain on the grass for the run up to their cross.

Interesting one, does this include Man City? The grass stops at the white line and then it's 3g, a good idea imo.

No matter the allegiance of a British football commentator, all of them have some bizarre crusade against zonal marking. Every single one.

:lol: Drives me crazy.

Possible can of worms here, but I think man marking at corners and free kicks is a more effective way of dealing with attackers.

No matter the allegiance of a British football commentator, all of them have some bizarre crusade against zonal marking. Every single one.

:lol: Drives me crazy.

Possible can of worms here, but I think man marking at corners and free kicks is a more effective way of dealing with attackers.

As do I.

Especially if there's a downward slope on them like at Old Trafford. Just seems dangerous if you're running at full speed up to that trying to stop yourself.

People who jump on a players back when they make a mistake "Simpson you're an embarrassment" etc. No he's not, he's just your average PL RB who'll sometimes make a mistake.

The cunt who sits in the SW corner, row v seat roughly 68-72 who whines all game, booed Obertan on to the pitch and thinks this is QPRs first season back in the prem.

Streakers

"Zany" fans who wear fancy dress to games

Being told to sit down at the match

Football being the only sport (to my knowledge) where you can't have a pint as you watch the game

The amount of muck on the classic catering burger van roof (take a look from the viewing point in the Gallowgate upper)

Managers who buy players and them try to fit a system to them, rather than buying players to fit the system they play.

The attitude from commentators that zonal marking is always at fault if you concede from a set piece (and you're using zonal marking of course)

Keepers who can't catch/kick a ball properly

Club Brugge having 13,000 empty seats on Thursday yet still won't up our allocation.

....and many more.

Despite all that, I wouldn't swap it for the world. Howay the fucking lads.

People who jump on a players back when they make a mistake "Simpson you're an embarrassment" etc. No he's not, he's just your average PL RB who'll sometimes make a mistake.

The cunt who sits in the SW corner, row v seat roughly 68-72 who whines all game, booed Obertan on to the pitch and thinks this is QPRs first season back in the prem.

Streakers

"Zany" fans who wear fancy dress to games

Being told to sit down at the match

Football being the only sport (to my knowledge) where you can't have a pint as you watch the game

The amount of muck on the classic catering burger van roof (take a look from the viewing point in the Gallowgate upper)

Managers who buy players and them try to fit a system to them, rather than buying players to fit the system they play.

The attitude from commentators that zonal marking is always at fault if you concede from a set piece (and you're using zonal marking of course)

Keepers who can't catch/kick a ball properly

Club Brugge having 13,000 empty seats on Thursday yet still won't up our allocation.

....and many more.

Despite all that, I wouldn't swap it for the world. Howay the fucking lads.

:thup:

The stupid thing about the pint issue is it's to stop trouble isn't it?

So you can have 5 pints before you enter the ground but that 6th one is going to turn everyone into the Hulk? :lol:

Being told to sit down at a match is ridiculous. Happened to me every time I've been to Old Trafford as well. Unless you're in the Stretford End there's always some moaning fucker behind you. You should always come back from a game with sore legs and no voice.

Stuart Hall's fucking dickwad match reports on Radio 5live.

The way that fellow 5live Sport presenters react to Stuart Hall's fucking dickwad match reports (i.e. by chuckling like he's a harmless old eccentric uncle figure rather than the thunderc*nt no-mark stealing a living by ruining Sports Report that he is).  C*nt.

Stuart Hall's fucking dickwad match reports on Radio 5live.

The way that fellow 5live Sport presenters react to Stuart Hall's fucking dickwad match reports (i.e. by chuckling like he's a harmless old eccentric uncle figure rather than the thunderc*nt no-mark stealing a living by ruining Sports Report that he is).  C*nt.

This is a good one

Is stuart hall the one who talks in an affected posh voice? Always tries to us ten words instead of two and never says anything interesting? Can't stand the guy, if you're actually a character it shines through (take blofeld in cricket for example) but otherwise you come across like a sad wanker

Stuart Hall is a pretentious self-regarding twat who thinks he is far cleverer than he is tbh and the fawning lickspittles who encourage him should be ashamed of themselves. Treating the big-headed old wanker like he's a national fucking treasure ffs.

:lol: I'm going back to bed and will get out of the right side next time.

Nah, fuck it, Sunday can put its tin hat on. :lol:

Guest Slippery Sam

Stuart Hall's f***ing dickwad match reports on Radio 5live.

The way that fellow 5live Sport presenters react to Stuart Hall's f***ing dickwad match reports (i.e. by chuckling like he's a harmless old eccentric uncle figure rather than the thunderc*nt no-mark stealing a living by ruining Sports Report that he is).  C*nt.

This x 10.  I cannot stand the twat.

I was going to post yesterday to see if anyone agreed with my thoughts that he sounded pissed yesterday. He was far worse than usual.

Is stuart hall the one who talks in an affected posh voice? Always tries to us ten words instead of two and never says anything interesting? Can't stand the guy, if you're actually a character it shines through (take blofeld in cricket for example) but otherwise you come across like a sad w*****

Yeah, the one who's always, "Rodallega, a charging wildebeast, galloped through the Villa defence" etc etc

The bolded part of your post is key to to why he's such a c*nt - his rantings positively REEK of try-hard effort rather than an amusingly-skewed take on the world that comes to him naturally.

Stuart Hall is a pretentious self-regarding t*** who thinks he is far cleverer than he is tbh and the fawning lickspittles who encourage him should be ashamed of themselves. Treating the big-headed old w***** like he's a national f***ing treasure ffs.

The bolded part in here is also pertinent to what makes Hall such a detestable twunt - everyone around him should be calling out his bullshit, not laughing it off like it's all perfectly acceptable for him to piss our licence fees up the wall every Saturday afternoon.

Losing before an international break:

I survive work on some days by reading various sporting websites features, blogs, columns etc - can't touch any of them now. (Cba reading about how great Rooney was (whilst under the guardianship of Webb)).

Don't give a toss about what shit Liverpool-ingratiating decision Hodgson will be making re: England.

The Twenty20 WC is over.

...and the Football Forum will be full of infuriating posters.