Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Guest firetotheworks

Banter is a way to win a debate by winding people up instead of making any points at all. It's not for me.

The major failure is in believing a debate is something that should, or could be won.

Exactly.

Guest firetotheworks

the fact that it's just accepted now that there's no chance a guardiola or a mourinho would step down a level to try to build up a club again, anyone who makes it is automatically only ever mentioned in respect of jobs like citeh, chelski, manyoo and so on

i'd love a manager to walk from the top then drop down with the specific intent of builing a legacy at a club having a hard time

i wonder if clubs even bother to approach them or just take it as a given themselves

Aye, this whole "challenge" thing surrounding managers joining  teams with more or less unlimited resources. The only challenge is with themselves. I think Mourinho is class tbf, he has taken up challenges and succeeded, but aside from Porto, it's never been exactly David vs Goliath.

the fact that it's just accepted now that there's no chance a guardiola or a mourinho would step down a level to try to build up a club again, anyone who makes it is automatically only ever mentioned in respect of jobs like citeh, chelski, manyoo and so on

i'd love a manager to walk from the top then drop down with the specific intent of builing a legacy at a club having a hard time

i wonder if clubs even bother to approach them or just take it as a given themselves

Aye, this whole "challenge" thing surrounding managers joining  teams with more or less unlimited resources. The only challenge is with themselves. I think Mourinho is class tbf, he has taken up challenges and succeeded, but aside from Porto, it's never been exactly David vs Goliath.

yeah give mourinho his dues like he's acheived a lot albeit with great resources at his disposal...taking the title from barca last year was immense really, i honestly thought that was going to break him but he did it in the end

we should be on the phone to pep man, plug the SBR connection assuming there is one, and offer him a challenge to build a power base in the north against the might of all the shitehouse clubs out there....let him have a decade at it come what may

we'll probably get holloway

I've often wondered if Jose would consider coming to us with the SBR connection. Just random thoughts while i'm bored at work but he's already won it all, maybe the thought of making NUFC a regular fixture in the top end of the table would appeal. I realise there are so many things to stop this happening including the owner, money available and the man himself, but there must be a small part of him that would love to do it for SBR.

Oh well.

Worth mentioning again what is a generally small irritation but annoys me more than it should - the BBC football feed not just putting the line-ups on until only 20-25 mins before the match, instead opting for stuff like "3 changes for Chelsea tonight" or "the team is unchanged". Just put the fucking teams up instead of waffling on.

Worth mentioning again what is a generally small irritation but annoys me more than it should - the BBC football feed not just putting the line-ups on until only 20-25 mins before the match, instead opting for stuff like "3 changes for Chelsea tonight" or "the team is unchanged". Just put the fucking teams up instead of waffling on.

Yeah that fucks me off a lot on matchdays. Same for clubs that take an absolute age to put their team news out.

Guest Miguel Piñero

People who call the goal the 'goals'. Townsend will do it endlessly tonight. 'West ham keeper Jassklainen in goals'

Yeah that fucks me off a lot on matchdays. Same for clubs that take an absolute age to put their team news out.

1920 - team news headlines on the Man Utd game

Still haven't actually printed the teams. :lol:

I've often wondered if Jose would consider coming to us with the SBR connection. Just random thoughts while i'm bored at work but he's already won it all, maybe the thought of making NUFC a regular fixture in the top end of the table would appeal. I realise there are so many things to stop this happening including the owner, money available and the man himself, but there must be a small part of him that would love to do it for SBR.

Oh well.

I still think to this day that had Porto not beaten Man Utd in the quarter-final on their way to winning the Champions League, Mourinho would have worked under SBR for a year and then took over.

Oh well.

I still think to this day that had Porto not beaten Man Utd in the quarter-final on their way to winning the Champions League, Mourinho would have worked under SBR for a year and then took over.

He was offered the job as Bobby's assistant here much earlier in his career and turned it down despite the fact Robson offered to step aside for him after a year or two. Can't imagine he'd have had a change of heart after winning the UEFA Cup.

My Dad falling out of love with the game completely and not watching it at all now. He is just sick of everything about it :(

Similar to mine, mind yours has seemingly gone further. He'll keep track of results and news and watch if it happens to be on but just doesn't have the passion like he did 10 years ago.

Still tells me about all the away day stories of the 70s/80s. Shame he doesn't have that level of passion but I think that will hold true for an awful lot of people.

my dad's the same.  Would take me to games in the 90's when I was younger.  Circa 2003/04 he'd take my mates ST if he couldn't go.  Now it's got to the point even if he were offered a free ticket he would probably find something else to do, especially for a Saturday game.

He'll stream and watch games on TV if he's not busy but there's definitely something making him not want to spend money or experience a flatter atmosphere than what he had at my age.

my dad's the same.  Would take me to games in the 90's when I was younger.  Circa 2003/04 he'd take my mates ST if he couldn't go.  Now it's got to the point even if he were offered a free ticket he would probably find something else to do, especially for a Saturday game.

He'll stream and watch games on TV if he's not busy but there's definitely something making him not want to spend money or experience a flatter atmosphere than what he had at my age.

i'm getting that way. i hate the premiership but my team is in it and i'm not 100% sure that if girl 1 didn't love going that i'd still go.

i've also said on a few occasions that if someone offered me a free season ticket but i had to go straight to the match and straight home after i wouldn't take it.

honestly can't remember the last time i watched a non newcastle premier league game that i didn't have money on.

My Dad falling out of love with the game completely and not watching it at all now. He is just sick of everything about it :(

Similar to mine, mind yours has seemingly gone further. He'll keep track of results and news and watch if it happens to be on but just doesn't have the passion like he did 10 years ago.

Still tells me about all the away day stories of the 70s/80s. Shame he doesn't have that level of passion but I think that will hold true for an awful lot of people.

Certainly holds true for me. My love for the game has diminished over the past 10 years.

I wish my dad would fall out of love with football completely because his patter does my head in. "African players only have 1 good season then you have to get rid of them" was one of his pearls of wisdom the other day.

Mine has no interest in football but would love us at the moment, whenever he watches a game with me it 'get it up there, hit it forward!!!' in some belief that getting it close to the oppositions goal = we score :lol:

I wish my dad would fall out of love with football completely because his patter does my head in. "African players only have 1 good season then you have to get rid of them" was one of his pearls of wisdom the other day.

Mine has no interest in football but would love us at the moment, whenever he watches a game with me it 'get it up there, hit it forward!!!' in some belief that getting it close to the oppositions goal = we score :lol:

we missed the everton game this month due to girl 1 not being well. my father in law lives across the street and i couldn't ask him over to watch it as he does my head in . we could be 4 up playing like brazil 1970 and the only time he;d say anything would be "poor pass", "tch", "he's rubbish"