Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

I like Wilshere, particularly because he winds people up for some reason

Because he's a horrible, snide looking little cunt

:thup:

About time he steps up and fulfils some of his potential. Clearly got a fuckload of talent.

Guest firetotheworks

Add in them making the names plural and I go fucking spare every time. "The Drogbaaaas and the 'azaaars of this world".  :tickedoff:

:thup:

I remember Shepherd talking about "the Luques and the Emres"

I like Wilshere, particularly because he winds people up for some reason

Because he's a horrible, snide looking little c***

A nasty little cheat who is backed to the hilt by the London media. Couldn't believe it during the world cup think it was Hoddle or some other doylum wringing their hands over poor jack and genuinely said "he does fall over a lot when he gets contact from an opponent. It's either a physical issue or a mental one." IT'S NEITHER YOU FUCKING DIMWIT, HE'S CHEATING. HE DOES IT ALL THE TIME, SURELY YOU'VE NOTICED RIGHT?. ITS BECAUSE HE PLAYS FOR ARSENAL AND IS ENCOURAGED TO DIVE WHENEVER THE OPPORTUNITY ARISES.

Still a better footballer than 'Hendo' mind.

• 1 month later...
Guest firetotheworks

When a team near the top get a goal and it's like a 'Wayyyyyyy' rather than a proper crowd roar, does my head in. Chelsea just did it there with Costa's second goal.

Chelsea's fans are fucking terrible. Completely unwarranted sense of entitlement, which has unfortunately been fed and then some due to some random dodgy Russian cunt spending a fortune on them. There's not a club in the country I'd prefer to see slide down the divisions than that lot.

Chelsea's fans are f***ing terrible. Completely unwarranted sense of entitlement, which has unfortunately been fed and then some due to some random dodgy Russian c*** spending a fortune on them. There's not a club in the country I'd prefer to see slide down the divisions than that lot.

Aye. Half me mam's side of the family are Chelsea fans. I hate the majority of them so thankfully rarely see them aside from things such as funerals but my folks still reluctantly go to family gatherings and me dad says they're just f***ing unbearable.

While he's happy to talk about football, all they really want to do is talk about how great Chelsea are and mock every other team.

One example was when we finished fifth and Cisse scored 13 in 13 or whatever. Their attitude is "well, enjoy what you had because we'll just come and buy him." While we know Ashley would probably sell, it's the sheer fucking audacity of a statement like that.

He saw them in October and said he just called them out on how many games they actually go to. Apparently they gave some bollocks about tickets being expensive/hard to get and that while they're successful it's "tough" being a Chelsea fan because prices go up as a result.

f*** off, man. Pre-Abramovich all they were was lower top-half fodder and occasional cup winners.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the 6 second rule for keepers holding onto the ball still a thing?

Obviously, it's one that's has been applied loosely in the past, which is fine but it's become completely meaningless. Every time I watch a Premier League game or last few times I've been to the stadium you have keepers standing there for twice the time and more.

Is the 6 second rule for keepers holding onto the ball still a thing?

Obviously, it's one that's has been applied loosely in the past, which is fine but it's become completely meaningless. Every time I watch a Premier League game or last few times I've been to the stadium you have keepers standing there for twice the time and more.

I thought it wasn't but I've just checked the laws of the game 2014/2015 which state:

Indirect free kick

An indirect free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a goalkeeper, inside his

own penalty area, commits any of the following four offences:

• controls the ball with his hands for more than six seconds before releasing

it from his possession

• touches the ball again with his hands after he has released it from his

possession and before it has touched another player

• touches the ball with his hands after it has been deliberately kicked to him

by a team-mate

• touches the ball with his hands after he has received it directly from a

throw-in taken by a team-mate

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/footballdevelopment/refereeing/02/36/01/11/27_06_2014_new--lawsofthegameweben_neutral.pdf

When pundits like Robbie Savage lay into non-league sides for looking streets behind Premier League opposition.

At least you can catch Robbie Savage on both the BBC and BT for his barely coherent views on the FA Cup this season :thup: