Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

May of been mentioned previously, a lot of pundits particularly this Euro's using the word 'cute'. Glenn Hoddle says it every second word at the moment, mainly when analysing defenders play. Turtle mouth Ferdinand uses it a fair bit too. And it annoys the bejesus out of me.

Commentators and many other pundits, Robbie Savage et al who state that 'there was contact' therefore it must be a penalty.  Following that through to a logical conclusion it becomes a non contact sport.  Contact should be sufficient to be considered a foul and that does not include a brush of the thigh. 

Liverpool get what seems like about 20 penalties a season and they will forensically analyse every frame to prove that Sturridge, Benteke, Henderson were touched by the opposition and were 'entitled' to go down.

Guest firetotheworks

'Delicious' gets on my tits n'all.

I like using it myself because it's creepy as fuck.

Guest firetotheworks

'Rooney can't quite bring it under his spell.' Fucking Clive Tyldesley.

Code for big player made a mistake.

:lol: It's fucking horrid.

I like how out of place it is. Also a fan of succulent.

I also like these terms in football, it just gives a creepy edge to otherwise dull commentary.

"Gorgeous strike"

"Succulent through ball there"

"That tackle was erotic"

"A big juicy right hand from the keeper there. So sexy in the replay"

etc

'He's almost hit it too well'  :lol: ITV pundits are class

That one does my head in. :lol: When they catch a volley and it goes straight to the keeper. "Oh he's caught that one a little too well if anything. Right on the laces." :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I've said it before and i'll say it again - Andy Townsend. Fucking helmet

Better.

The idea that teams who don't or can't score past an opponent "deserve" to be ahead. Unless there's a referee error or egregious injustice no they don't deserve to be ahead, they deserve to remain level as they can't find a way to fucking score...the entire concept of "deserving" something in football is horrid.