Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Minutes silences are awful, miserable affairs. The fewer of them the better.

Well a minute is a hell of a long time. 10 seconds and be done with it. Infinitely better than having to clap for any period of time.

It takes folk 10 seconds to shut up, though.

Minutes silences are awful, miserable affairs. The fewer of them the better.

Well a minute is a hell of a long time. 10 seconds and be done with it. Infinitely better than having to clap for any period of time.

It takes folk 10 seconds to shut up, though.

:lol: fair

The godawful standard of punditry / commentary in football.

I'm sure this has been gone over many times in the past,  but watching the games today has made me despair.

I'm sure whoever was commentating on the Man City game the other day, referred to Sterling as "Ryan" multiple times.

To make it clear I was specifically talking about minutes applauses during a game but also prior. It feels like every game these days, just a different minute etc for a different cause. Let them end now :lol:

Absolutely.

Half of the time people don't even know what/who they are clapping for, they just do it anyway.

Seeing posts on social media asking fans to clap in a certain minute due to a fan who has a serious illness or has passed away makes no sense to me, there are a lot of football fans who pass away every day - why aren't they acknowledged?

The one thing the mackems do right, is to do it once a year on the last game in December to commemorate all fans who have passed away that calendar year.

To make it clear I was specifically talking about minutes applauses during a game but also prior. It feels like every game these days, just a different minute etc for a different cause. Let them end now [emoji38]

Absolutely.

Half of the time people don't even know what/who they are clapping for, they just do it anyway.

Seeing posts on social media asking fans to clap in a certain minute due to a fan who has a serious illness or has passed away makes no sense to me, there are a lot of football fans who pass away every day - why aren't they acknowledged?

The one thing the mackems do right, is to do it once a year on the last game in December to commemorate all fans who have passed away that calendar year.

Don't they retire their seats too?

Ex-players joining the staff of the most recent club they finished with rather than one they spent years and years at.

Anyone in particular? It's likely that there aren't jobs going at other clubs

Just seems that's the way it goes, Vieira is the most obvious one I can think of to hand. Just bugs me that he was this staffing kingpin at City and not Arsenal. I understand Wenger doesn't like employing ex-players as staff but I don't care, still bugs me :lol: