Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

When a team is on top, and really pressing for a goal. The ball comes out to a player who usually never scores and instead of playing it wide or trying a through ball, the first thing that comes to his mind is "I know I'm 40 yards out and it doesn't work 99 times out of 100, but I'm going to shoot..."

When a team is on top, and really pressing for a goal. The ball comes out to a player who usually never scores and instead of playing it wide or trying a through ball, the first thing that comes to his mind is "I know I'm 40 yards out and it doesn't work 99 times out of 100, but I'm going to shoot..."

But when it does you get  "Boom Boom, Cheick Cheick the ROOM!!"

Guest Chubby Jason

The fact that we all still have to pretend that Paul Scholes is the bestest player in England.

The ridiculous level of protection given to goalkeepers, and related to this, the protection given to defenders when they're in a bad situation. I'm talking about the times where they've probably let the ball run too far and now they're facing their own goal - the attacker comes to pressurise them, barely any contact, defender goes down, free kick.

In fact what is equally annoying is when the striker comes over and barges the defender over clearly illegally - letting the defender get out of a tricky situation for free. Both situations annoy me.

The ridiculous level of protection given to goalkeepers, and related to this, the protection given to defenders when they're in a bad situation. I'm talking about the times where they've probably let the ball run too far and now they're facing their own goal - the attacker comes to pressurise them, barely any contact, defender goes down, free kick.

In fact what is equally annoying is when the striker comes over and barges the defender over clearly illegally - letting the defender get out of a tricky situation for free. Both situations annoy me.

I agree. Some defenders get away with murder by just going down...

http://i51.tinypic.com/1zpo84h.jpg

:whistle:

Very much agreed on that one, Neil. Made all the more annoying that it seems to have become a sort of social convention that all involved buy into.

So much so that in France I've heard several people, including professional broadcasters, talk about it being a rule that you are not allowed to touch the keeper inside the 6 yard area.... hummm, no it's not!

Leads me to a similar grievance about defenders feeling they are owed a free kick and stay down as play rightly continues to go on around them.

Unless it's pretty serious there's no excuse for just lying down in or around your own area, playing everyone on side or just becoming a liability. Get up and deal with it.

Guest Nikos34

Fuckin' Taggart refusing to speak to the press when he's probably the only manager who never gets any stick from them. And don't give me the BBC Jason Ferguson scandal. Fergie is a cunt.

Leads me to a similar grievance about defenders feeling they are owed a free kick and stay down as play rightly continues to go on around them.

Unless it's pretty serious there's no excuse for just lying down in or around your own area, playing everyone on side or just becoming a liability. Get up and deal with it.

That, and how teams expect the game halted just because a player is hurt even if just cramp.  Then they expect the attacking team to kick the ball out of play.....um, how about I give the ball to you,you kick it out, and I'll take the attacking throw in.

That, and how teams expect the game halted just because a player is hurt even if just cramp.  Then they expect the attacking team to kick the ball out of play.....um, how about I give the ball to you,you kick it out, and I'll take the attacking throw in.

Pisses me right off when they boot it back to the keeper, I mean cheers, we kicked the ball out of play just outside your box like