Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

US Highschool soccer doesn't play strict FIFA rules, and they have one rule that says that if the referee stops play while one team is clearly in posession, then that team re-starts with an Indirect FK from the point of stoppage. 

Great rule, IYAM.

better still, just play on. physio can come on and the player is ruled as being out the game. stops players going down deliberatly to get the game stopped

The ref should be the only one stopping play for injured players, and if he has to, that player should have to leave the field for five minutes to "receive proper treatment". That should stop all the fannies from rolling around on the ground if they aren't really hurt.

The ref should be the only one stopping play for injured players, and if he has to, that player should have to leave the field for five minutes to "receive proper treatment". That should stop all the fannies from rolling around on the ground if they aren't really hurt.

so if a player is really injured  he should be penalised ?

People who constantly refer to teams as Chelski, ManUSA etc. Seen someone say ManUSA three times in one post the other day.  :no:

Nah, if they're really injured they could do with the break to make sure they don't make it worse :pow:

Nah, if they're really injured they could do with the break to make sure they don't make it worse :pow:

to make sure they don't make it worse ?....is this rule the the brainchild of someones mam ?

to make sure they don't make it worse ?....is this rule the the brainchild of someones mam ?

Nah, I don't know, but I'm just fucking sick of players feigning injury like that. By making sure they can't just walk back on the pitch straight away, we would certainly see a decrease in it. It obviously has faults, and would never be enforced by FIFA, but I wouldn't be against it personally.

Nah, I don't know, but I'm just f***ing sick of players feigning injury like that. By making sure they can't just walk back on the pitch straight away, we would certainly see a decrease in it. It obviously has faults, and would never be enforced by FIFA, but I wouldn't be against it personally.

so just play on, let the physio come on . the player is ruled out of the game and the game carries on.

(is there an echo in here ?)

Won't the physios be well in the way of the play though?

Will be good to see Rooney running at Harper's goal, only for him to trip over Derek Wright on the way past.

the odds are small. worked in rugby league well enough.

oh, i also think that the fa should provide people to watch folk coming through the turnstiles and choose the biggest hardest fucker in the stadium from each team and if a player gets injured 2 yards from the touch line and can easily make their own way off but wont....then the nasty fucker can come on and is allowed one head butt, one head punch,one body punch and one kick.

People who come to their seats ten minutes after the game has started, go to half time ten minutes early, come back to their seats 10mins into the second half and then leave ten minutes before the end.

the odds are small. worked in rugby league well enough.

This has been debated before and the general agreement is, yes this works in rugby, but the nature of that game is completely different. I mean you're running with the ball in your hands not kicking it infront of you..

I don't think in-play physios would work in football.

But I do like that indirect free kick idea. Play should be officially stopped by the ref at his discretion and an indirect free kick awarded from that spot. Kicking back to keeper is just ridiculous.

People who come to their seats ten minutes after the game has started, go to half time ten minutes early, come back to their seats 10mins into the second half and then leave ten minutes before the end.

These people have too much money  :angry:

Guest Stephen927

The whole concept that Rooney plays with the enthusiasm of a child from some commentators.

"he would look lost without a ball at his feet" etc, hate it.

He's looked lost everytime the ball has bounced off him since the World Cup.

Managers getting shirty with the 4th referees. Sometimes you see them screaming in their faces, except they neither made the original decision, or can do anything about it  :doh:

Footballers' twitter accounts.

I quite like them tbh, certainly better than the clichéd rambling they come out with to the press. 'Well it was a great pass and I just hit it, and it went in the net.' :suicide:

Footballers' twitter accounts.

I quite like them tbh, certainly better than the clichéd rambling they come out with to the press. 'Well it was a great pass and I just hit it, and it went in the net.' :suicide:

"At the end of the day, I'm pleased for the team more than anything."

No you're not, you're fucking delighted YOU got the winning goal to rescue your useless fucking teammates. Don't lie.