Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Footballers with Tattoos all over ther arms, it just looks so stupid and imho sets a bad example making young kids think it is right to have them .

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/02/11/article-1356154-0D1C4E14000005DC-62_306x428.jpg

Agger i guess  :lol:

You might want to close your eyes the first time you see Stephen Ireland take his shirt off after completing a match for you.

That's assuming the fucking headcase ever manages to retrieve himself from the catatonic state he's doubtless got himself into at being more than 10 miles away from Man City.

The phrase "That's why it's the best league in the world"

fuck off man.

Just a boring, sickening example of needless self-promotion. The media love it. It's the same with that comment from that Journo who said Spurs would definitely win Serie A.

Even if the Premier League is, as they say, the 'Best league in the World'. Who genuinely gives a fuck? It's a horrible cesspit of greed and arrogance built on vile amounts of money. What are we supposed to be taking pride in? The legions of foreign mercenaries inwhich the successful sides are built on? The extortionate prices and levels of marketing? The elite group of teams in Europe that are supposed to be 'representing' all of us fans stuck with smaller clubs? The fixed pecking order that is a direct result of their hype-machine centred around the big clubs? The league certainly doesn't represent me in any way, infact apart from Newcastle I struggle to find much of an interest in the rest of the league apart from who I hate more than the next team.

I find anybody who gobbles up the Sky bullshit and sees the 'best league in the world' nonsense as some kind of badge of honour for English football fans to be pathetic. Morons.

fuck off man.

Just a boring, sickening example of needless self-promotion. The media love it. It's the same with that comment from that Journo who said Spurs would definitely win Serie A.

Even if the Premier League is, as they say, the 'Best league in the World'. Who genuinely gives a fuck? It's a horrible cesspit built on vile amounts of money. What are we supposed to be taking pride in? The legions of foreign mercenaries inwhich the successful sides are built on? The extortianate prices and levels of marketing? The elite group of teams that are supposed to be 'representing' all of us fans stuck with smaller clubs? The fixed pecking order that is a direct result of their hype-machine centred around the big clubs? The league certainly doesn't represent me in any way, infact apart from Newcastle I struggle to find much of an interest in the rest of the league apart from who I hate more than the next team.

I find anybody who gobbles up the Sky bullshit and sees the 'best league in the world' nonsense as some kind of badge of honour for English football fans to be pathetic. Morons.

Good post that like. Bit in bold is pretty much my view too but I'm a bitter young thing.

f*** off man.

Even if the Premier League is, as they say, the 'Best league in the World'. Who genuinely gives a f***? It's a horrible cesspit of greed and arrogance built on vile amounts of money. What are we supposed to be taking pride in? The legions of foreign mercenaries inwhich the successful sides are built on? The extortionate prices and levels of marketing? The elite group of teams in Europe that are supposed to be 'representing' all of us fans stuck with smaller clubs? The fixed pecking order that is a direct result of their hype-machine centred around the big clubs? The league certainly doesn't represent me in any way, infact apart from Newcastle I struggle to find much of an interest in the rest of the league apart from who I hate more than the next team.

:lol: Pretty much my thoughts, especially the part Disco points out.

I far prefer the Spanish league, for pretty much every reason, maybe I wouldn't if Newcastle were in it, but they're not, so fuck it.

f*** off man.

Even if the Premier League is, as they say, the 'Best league in the World'. Who genuinely gives a f***? It's a horrible cesspit built on vile amounts of money. What are we supposed to be taking pride in? The legions of foreign mercenaries inwhich the successful sides are built on? The extortianate prices and levels of marketing? The elite group of teams that are supposed to be 'representing' all of us fans stuck with smaller clubs? The fixed pecking order that is a direct result of their hype-machine centred around the big clubs? The league certainly doesn't represent me in any way, infact apart from Newcastle I struggle to find much of an interest in the rest of the league apart from who I hate more than the next team.

Good post that like. Bit in bold is pretty much my view too but I'm a bitter young thing.

Snap. Honestly don't have a clue about most that went on in the PL last season, was completely disinterested. Barely even bothered to watch MotD.

I agree with all of the above posts.  I fucking hate the Premier League, Sky, the FA and FIFA.  EVERYTHING is completely aligned purely to serve the purpose of lining the pockets of players at 'big' clubs and their media/FA chums.  Football is absolutely riddled with corruption, the fact that dirty harry hasn't had his bum smacked yet for perma-tapping up, Rooney hasn't been punished, Bacon Face not speaking to the BBC, Russia, Qatar etc etc etc etc....

/fume

First and foremost, above absolutely everything - the superfluous use of the term "the football club" by people involved in the game.

"My role here is to bring stability to the football club, and win matches for the football club, to move the football club forward"

It's like some spastic football industry person once heard someone use "the football club" instead of "the club" and thought "oooh, that sounds dead intelligent, I'm going to do that all the time, too", and now it has spread like fucking wildfire.

I HATE IT.

What do they think we'll think if they say "the club"? The bingo club? The Buena Vista Social Club? Some piece of golf apparatus.

STOP SAYING IT FFS, STOP IT.

First and foremost, above absolutely everything - the superfluous use of the term "the football club" by people involved in the game.

"My role here is to bring stability to the football club, and win matches for the football club, to move the football club forward"

It's like some spastic football industry person once heard someone use "the football club" instead of "the club" and thought "oooh, that sounds dead intelligent, I'm going to do that all the time, too", and now it has spread like f***ing wildfire.

I HATE IT.

What do they think we'll think if they say "the club"? The bingo club? The Buena Vista Social Club? Some piece of golf apparatus.

STOP SAYING IT FFS, STOP IT.

*cough* Sammy Lee *cough*.

Rafa Benitez did it a fair bit, but it came out 'the foootball kloooob' so I'll let him off.

Chelski fan's already copying our attitude towards Coloccini and applying it to David Luiz. Already had a couple of Chelsea fans on facebook saying "David Luiz can shag my wife" and various remarks about his hair..

He's just a poor man's Colo tbh

Yep they're singing the song already. Twats.

Players wearing these huge scarves (shawl collars) under their shirts.  Big puffs.

:tiote:

I was thinking abuot this the other day, how much could you get away with.  i would take the piss out of Tevez if i was playing man city and wear a balaclava

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_P6TKcTJYkU/TPVc3y9UTQI/AAAAAAAAAAk/vDTLCJyNzyM/s1600/balaclava004.jpg

I'll just say my face is cold..

maybe wear a stetson to keep my head warm or shield me from the sun..

http://mechanicsnationalbank.com/images/timeline/History_Stetson_Hat.jpg