Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Guest Stephen927

that would be the case if I was talking about 50,000 supporters, and not the player who is acknowledging them.

http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/684.$plit/C_71_article_1344289_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg?05%2F10%2F2010%2007%3A55%3A04%3A665

Commentators and tv pundits talking about the Premier League and coming out with crap like Blackpool have never played in the Premier League, or such and such is a premier league record etc

Its like football didn't exist before 1992 and it completely devalues everything that happened and everything that was achieved before that time - as if somehow it is less significant 

Complete hype and bullshit basically 

A small pet hate of mine is when this is mentioned all the time.

What happend in seventeen bow and arrow isn't relevant really, which is why I guess most commentators and pundits use premier league record. If you really care that much, buy a history book on Blackpool or whatever.

Guest toonlass

If Scholes doing something wrong is described as being "uncharacteristically", I might actually shoot someone.

Aye, Scholes has been doing things "uncharacteristically" wrong throughout his career, not saying he's crap or anything, but its not like he never does things wrong either. Fuck off Sky and 5Live with your Scholes and Man U bum-licking!

Guest Nikos34

Commentators chuckling away while saying 'Paul Scholes has never been able to tackle'.

Why is he never described as a dirty ginger bastard?

Commentators rarely praising assistant referees when they make a close but correct call

Not that i disagree with you because i think if they slag them off for wrong decisions they should praise for good ones. But some people would say if they get it right they are just doing their job

Footballers with Tattoos all over ther arms, it just looks so stupid and imho sets a bad example making young kids think it is right to have them .

What's wrong with having them like?  ???

(No, I haven't btw)

Commentators rarely praising assistant referees when they make a close but correct call

Not that i disagree with you because i think if they slag them off for wrong decisions they should praise for good ones. But some people would say if they get it right they are just doing their job

A forward will get praised for scoring goals and a keeper for making saves. If someone does their job well it should be acknowledged if they are criticised when they do it badly.

Guest palnese

Gyan's face

Henderson's haircut

Most referees

Harry Redknapp - Spurs in general

Arsenal fans

Greedy footballers like Tevez, Rooney, Carroll etc. I despise them all.

Andy Gray's laughter

Diving

Nani

Anderson's face

Footballers with Tattoos all over ther arms, it just looks so stupid and imho sets a bad example making young kids think it is right to have them .

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/02/11/article-1356154-0D1C4E14000005DC-62_306x428.jpg

1/The only real contact with County FA authorities you have in amateur football at the bottom of the football pyramid is to be plundered for fines and fees. Nothing flows the other way.

2/ All the money in the game flows to the tip of the football pyramid into the arse pockets of mercenary players and their greedy conniving agents.

The above 2 pet hates combine to ruin the game and show in two sentences why England probably will never succeed as a force in international football.

As mentioned above, the way any bad tackle from Scholes, and that's basically any tackle he attempts, is seemingly laughed off by commentators. His superb footballing talent somehow means it doesn't matter if he just takes someone out.

Ryan Giggs being described as 'timeless'.

Yellow cards for taking your shirt off. Pathetic.

What's wrong with having them like?  ???

(No, I haven't btw)

Thats my thought on it ,seeing whole arms with Tatts like Guthrie,Agger etc looks shit imho .Not condemming Tatts in general as musicians etc it fits the bill but footballers just dont look right so call me old fashioned but it doesnt look right to me .

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/02/11/article-1356154-0D1C4E14000005DC-62_306x428.jpg

Agger i guess  :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest neesy111

The phrase "That's why it's the best league in the world"

fuck off man.

100% Agree.

I think the German league is better anycase.