Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Still hate it when pundits say 'pen'. It's not difficult to say penalty for f***s sake, well...unless your Paul Merson.

or Chris Waddle.

Pelanty!

I must confess i am liable to the odd 'pelanty' scream! However i'm not liable to being an absolute cunt like Paul Merson!

Guest Chubby Jason

Speaking of "Merse", his use of the term "worldy" has become out of control in recent weeks. And extremely annoying.

Speaking of "Merse", his use of the term "worldy" has become out of control in recent weeks. And extremely annoying.

Alan Smith was at it this weekend as well.

Cringetastic, alongside Lamps, JT, Drogs, Scotty Parker and Stevie G

The acceptance that touching another player on the shirt with an arm is a foul or a penalty. It's a contact sport FFS, someone stroking your arm doesn't mean you can throw yourself to the floor and ask for a pen.

Yup, its getting stupid and annoying, two players running side by side, the attack falls over as the defender places his hand on the attackers back, there is no way its pen  :lol:

Some pundits have been saying that it could also be a pen if the defender goes for the tackle, misses the attacker and ball but its a pen as he took the space away from the attacker...HUH, big fucking HUH.  Thats good defending.

Just the fact certain people and members of the media wanted Scott Parker sent off for his tackle on Richards. Tackling in general is becoming extinct and turning football in to an absolute farce.

This makes me angry as well.

Fans trying to get a pic when a team celebrates in front of them.  Just celebrate ffs.

The whole "I was there" phenomenon. Its so annoying. Was at a game last year when some kid infront of me filmed half the match. Was incredibly distracting.

Also f***s me off (and most people I know too) at gigs.

Why not man? :lol: I get the whole filming half the game criticism but it seems to me to be one the few things these days that don't lambast you for trying to get some souvenir of a special day, besides surely its a form of celebration in itself? If someone if sat with a rostrum camera half the time in front of you then fine, otherwise cheer up ffs :) Wish i'd done it when the spidey mask first came out I was right near it.

I just want to see said event with my own eyes, instead I have to view it on a tiny screen infront of my face

Fans trying to get a pic when a team celebrates in front of them.  Just celebrate ffs.

The whole "I was there" phenomenon. Its so annoying. Was at a game last year when some kid infront of me filmed half the match. Was incredibly distracting.

Also f***s me off (and most people I know too) at gigs.

Why not man? :lol: I get the whole filming half the game criticism but it seems to me to be one the few things these days that don't lambast you for trying to get some souvenir of a special day, besides surely its a form of celebration in itself? If someone if sat with a rostrum camera half the time in front of you then fine, otherwise cheer up ffs :) Wish i'd done it when the spidey mask first came out I was right near it.

I just want to see said event with my own eyes, instead I have to view it on a tiny screen infront of my face

Real dampeners them tiny screens like :D

No matter how well a player improves certain fans still use them as scapegoats and totally ignore the faults of the ones they like...

For example people still think Coloccini and Koscielny are average and no matter how well they play they can do no good in the yes of some people.

No matter how well a player improves certain fans still use them as scapegoats and totally ignore the faults of the ones they like...

For example people still think Coloccini and Koscielny are average and no matter how well they play they can do no good in the yes of some people.

Surely you're talking about opposition fans, right? :lol:

Robbie Savage. When he's not stating the obvious, he's talking rubbish.

think hes one of the better pundits tbh (not that thats saying much). also think things like, unfortunatly, Gary Speed's death and strictly come dancing have shown him to be a pretty decent guy, even if he was an arsehole on the pitch.

honestly don't mind Savage as a pundit

:thup:

Hated him as a player but as a pundit, he's not bad.

I'm amazed to hear that opinion. It seems to me that he's only in the pundit's chair because someone decided he was a 'personality'. He's not very articulate, he usually talks in cliches, and when he tries to take an original take on something, he digs himself into a corner with a ridiculous opinion. And he's not funny either.

This is one of mine. 

Another is the line "if you did that in the street, you'd be charged with assault."  I mean on nights out I've often felt like challenging for an imaginary header and elbowing someone in the face.  I also get the urge to double foot people waiting for the bus.  It's a fucking ludicrous thing to say, so overused as well.  You're playing a contact sport, bad challenges, elbows, the odd punch etc are going to happen.

All of the Soccer Saturday panel, clueless muppets the lot of them.