TABLE - After L'pool match

Karjala

There's no specific place for the Intertoto Cup.

Premier Division clubs APPLY to take part. Say two Premier Division clubs apply, the team who finished highest in the league go through. Like Newcastle and Bolton last season.

In terms of automatic qualification to the UEFA Cup from the league (IE 6th place opens up), the Carling Cup winners must already be guaranteed a place in Europe anyway (like Man Utd last season).

Yeah, but everyone applies now because it's only one round.

If both FA cup finalists are in Europe already, then the UEFA place from the cup goes to the team that comes seventh, meaning Intertoto will be moved down to the 8th place team.

Wrong.

No, he's right.  It would move to 8th.  Yes 8th wouldnt have to take it, but in reality they would. 

Things have changed since we got in as 14th.  It's far more attractive.

Probably finish something like this:

5. Bolton Wanderers ..... nailed on in my opinion

6. Tottenham Hotspur ..... they'll come through at the right time

7. Everton

8. Reading

9. Newcastle United

10. Portsmouth

Portsmouth really aren't that good. They've started to slip up and they'll finish the season like Wigan did.

Man Utd and Liverpool are both completely out of the way, and we've got Arsenal and Chelsea left to play only once. Both at home. We HAVE to be the teams we have to beat, and we'll do well. But i still fear for us...

You are the most pessimistic fan ever. Tottenham won't come throught cuz they are shite one good season woopty doo.

Tottenham have a good team and are lethal at home. They've also got a game in hand and will be level on points with us if they win it. They've got the basis of an excellent squad at White Hart Lane and i fully anticipate them to come through.

I'm not being pescimistic really. That's a good four or five places higher than where i put us at the start of the season. Finishing 9th is a realistic view; we've been saying for two or three weeks how shit our football has been, one good result isn't going to make me go all "we iz da best." If you know what i mean.

With the squad and the manager we have, and being in a transitional period, finishing ninth would be a creditable outcome that i'd be reasonably happy with.

If both FA cup finalists are in Europe already, then the UEFA place from the cup goes to the team that comes seventh, meaning Intertoto will be moved down to the 8th place team.

Wrong.

No, he's right.  It would move to 8th.  Yes 8th wouldnt have to take it, but in reality they would. 

No, it's incorrect. Theoretically, there is no specific position for the Intertoto Cup. It's whoever finishes highest in the league of those who have applied.

Guest Deep456

Probably finish something like this:

5. Bolton Wanderers ..... nailed on in my opinion

6. Tottenham Hotspur ..... they'll come through at the right time

7. Everton

8. Reading

9. Newcastle United

10. Portsmouth

Portsmouth really aren't that good. They've started to slip up and they'll finish the season like Wigan did.

Man Utd and Liverpool are both completely out of the way, and we've got Arsenal and Chelsea left to play only once. Both at home. We HAVE to be the teams we have to beat, and we'll do well. But i still fear for us...

You are the most pessimistic fan ever. Tottenham won't come throught cuz they are s**** one good season woopty doo.

Tottenham have a good team and are lethal at home. They've also got a game in hand and will be level on points with us if they win it. They've got the basis of an excellent squad at White Hart Lane and i fully anticipate them to come through.

I'm not being pescimistic really. That's a good four or five places higher than where i put us at the start of the season. Finishing 9th is a realistic view; we've been saying for two or three weeks how s*** our football has been, one good result isn't going to make me go all "we iz da best." If you know what i mean.

With the squad and the manager we have, and being in a transitional period, finishing ninth would be a creditable outcome that i'd be reasonably happy with.

13th at start of season. Isn't that pessimistic? Tottenham will be level if they win their game in hand. They are not atm are they so don't bring it up. Squad are you taking piss you think their squad is good then ours is great 10-11 injuries every week and still above them.

Wrong.

No, it's incorrect. Theoretically, there is no specific position for the Intertoto Cup. It's whoever finishes highest in the league of those who have applied.

Theoretically yes, but in reality any team would take it, so it will go to 8th.  It's one round against a reject club, everyone was up for it last year and it'll be the same this year.  It's as good as an extra UEFA place given the new system.

Name me one fan at the beginning of the season who wasn't pescimistic.

Their squad is far better than ours. How can people argue with that? Christ - the amount of people who harp on about such things, how shite our squad is for example, yet when it is compared to another's it is all purely pro-Newcastle. Tottenham have a good squad with some very good players.

Spurs has to be the most over rated team ever, They are fucking shite. They wont finish 6th, I'd be very suprised if they finish in the top half

Would love it to be true. It'd certainly open up another European spot...

But Spurs will be there or thereabouts come the end, don't you worry.

Guest Deep456

Spurs has to be the most over rated team ever, They are f****** s****. They wont finish 6th, I'd be very suprised if they finish in the top half

Im not worrying as they won't be. :lol:

Spurs has to be the most over rated team ever, They are f****** s****. They wont finish 6th, I'd be very suprised if they finish in the top half

Expect a shock then mate.

Do you have a soft spot for Spurs?

They are rubbish. People bang on about Berb but he is terrible away from home, JJ is rubbish, Robbo is a joke and dont even get me started on Dawson.

We bash Spurs, but they're a good side - they're not shit in the slightest. I'm being realistic, they're more than likely to be there or thereabouts come May.

Berbatov has done well scoring this amount of goals, Spurs are nowt without Jenas even though he was shit for us, Robinson's hardly the worst goalkeeper in the world and Dawson has been assured and professional - he's just not as good as Taylor.

They are rubbish. People bang on about Berb but he is terrible away from home, JJ is rubbish, Robbo is a joke and dont even get me started on Dawson.

Tut, tut, don't you know we're just the luckiest team in the league, after all Spurs have a world class chairman, manager, defense, midfield, attack, scouting network, transfer policy, tea lady, etc. It's a complete freak that we're ahead of them in the league, have conceded less and scored more goals with our reserve team playing for most of the season considering we have the worst chairman, manager, defense, midfield, attack, scouting network, transfer policy, tea lady, etc in the league.

Tut, tut, don't you know we're just the luckiest team in the league, after all Spurs have a world class chairman, manager, defense, midfield, attack, scouting network, transfer policy, tea lady, etc. It's a complete freak that we're ahead of them in the league, have conceded less and scored more goals with our reserve team playing for most of the season considering we have the worst chairman, manager, defense, midfield, attack, scouting network, transfer policy, tea lady, etc in the league.

Give it a rest ffs.

I said they had a better squad than us. And you back that up by claiming we've had to play with our reserves most of the time.

Spurs players are vastly overrated. As is Jol

That vaunted strike force-- scored fewer goals than NUFC.

That great, young, "future-of-England" back line-- conceded more goals than NUFC.

The midfield is crap, doesn't come close to ours. They wanted Parker and Duff... playing Jenas for pissakes.

Yorkie, closet Spurs fan :lol:

Lets see, Spurs have few injuries while we have had 10+ players out for most of the season.  Yet we've beaten Spurs twice this season and are above them in the league.  Yeah I can see why you'd say that they have a better squad :lol:

Give it a rest ffs.

I said they had a better squad than us. And you back that up by claiming we've had to play with our reserves most of the time.

Every single Spurs player is way overrated, rather like ours. Difference is because most of them are young and English, you think they are better than they actually are. Only person that'd get in our first choice 11 from their team is King imo. The rest are overhyped, overpriced, never-will-be's.

in term of more good squad player... newcastle surely better in midfield and front-man rather than.. the spuds! we just shit at the back line... (I only rate Solano for being defender & a bit for Taylor)

Midfield:

Butt & Parker > huddleston (very inexperience player compare to what we have)

Emre & Dyer > zokora (good physical athlete & lack football brain) & Jenas (inconsistent)

Duff & Milner> Malbranque (his stamina just faded at second half)

Aaron Lennon still more above winger that we have but if Zog is fit he is equal to Lennon

Up Front

Martin > Berbatov (Lazy) & Defoe (Always Offside) & Keane (Flicking around useless)

Their squad is far better than ours. How can people argue with that? Christ - the amount of people who harp on about such things, how s**** our squad is for example, yet when it is compared to another's it is all purely pro-Newcastle. Tottenham have a good squad with some very good players.

I think that every nufc fan was hoping that we can start the season in a good way

Their squad is far better than ours. How can people argue with that? Christ - the amount of people who harp on about such things, how s**** our squad is for example, yet when it is compared to another's it is all purely pro-Newcastle. Tottenham have a good squad with some very good players.

I think that every nufc fan was hoping that we can start the season in a good way

Aye.

But the vast majority of posters on here tend to use their head over their heart, because they're intelligent. If you look back to the August 31st threads, it was absolute doom and gloom around here, and people were even talking about relegation! That, of course, was an exaggeration, but there won't have been a huge amount who were expecting Top 6. There was a lot of pescimism at the start of the season.